You answered my question. I was just curious as to why none of ATTs blackberries are on the 3g network.
    Ok just making sure.
    08-16-08 09:35 AM
    ***UPDATE*** I've been moving into my new apartment and hopefully, I should be up and ready by Sunday. Thanks CB for being patient.
    08-16-08 09:35 AM
    Hey There,
    I am a newbie and need help. I have a BB Curve 8130 withAT&T. I was trying to free up memory space by deleting old messages. I went into the options setting and selected keep messages for 15 days instead of 30. I received an error message stating the following: Unacught exception: DSSMA: invalid staes (5) : 9 with a box ok
    What in the world have I done to my baby? I get this message when I select the icons messages and e-mail.

Help me please!!

Thanks
    08-16-08 10:55 PM
    You can use out * services feature. Directly from your mobile phone press *646# then send to check your minutes, *225# to check balance, and *3282# to check data usage. Sorry no mobile site though.
    any way to text instead of call? for the hearing impaired, i tried it and got this respond *sorry, we did not recognize your response. please try again* i was checking the balance....
    08-16-08 11:00 PM
    any way to text instead of call? for the hearing impaired, i tried it and got this respond *sorry, we did not recognize your response. please try again* i was checking the balance....
    If you dial *225# then send. It will send you a text message of your current balance due and the last payment received. If it still doesnt work PM me and we can get it worked out for you.
    08-17-08 06:11 AM
    Hey There,
    I am a newbie and need help. I have a BB Curve 8130 withAT&T. I was trying to free up memory space by deleting old messages. I went into the options setting and selected keep messages for 15 days instead of 30. I received an error message stating the following: Unacught exception: DSSMA: invalid staes (5) : 9 with a box ok
    What in the world have I done to my baby? I get this message when I select the icons messages and e-mail.

Help me please!!

Thanks
    Automated Response: Your question would be better addressed in another thread.

Thanks
    08-17-08 06:14 AM
    Well, thanks for the response.
    Just to clarify, I didn't go to the at&t store, hijack their computers and put in a discount.

The rep that was at the store offered to give me a discount to keep my features close to the same without too much extra cost.

Thanks

Joe

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I understand what you're saying but I cant respond about anything thats not legal. And I know you didnt do anything personally, but it is still fraud.
    08-18-08 01:10 PM
    I bought my curve from ATT a week ago. I had some problems with the OS it came with and upgraded to 4.5. Now when I go to reply to email that I have received it says "no message service configured". I am receiving email fine I just can respond. If I am posting in the wrong thread please point me in the correct direction. Thanks
    08-18-08 01:46 PM
    I bought my curve from ATT a week ago. I had some problems with the OS it came with and upgraded to 4.5. Now when I go to reply to email that I have received it says "no message service configured". I am receiving email fine I just can respond. If I am posting in the wrong thread please point me in the correct direction. Thanks
    Unfortunately you are posting this in the wrong place. But if you do a search for upgrade 4.5 or OS 4.5 Im pretty sure you will find your answer GOOD LUCK!
    08-18-08 02:52 PM
    I was speaking with a friend/instructor this afternoon and shes looking into getting a blackberry without a data plan, my question is In order to text on a blackberry do you need a data plan? The reason I ask is I know on the LG Shine you do need a data plan. She wants to use the future blackberry as a pda/phone and has no need for the internet. Ive got data plan on my phone so I had no clue. Thanks in advance.
    08-18-08 09:00 PM
    I was speaking with a friend/instructor this afternoon and shes looking into getting a blackberry without a data plan, my question is In order to text on a blackberry do you need a data plan? The reason I ask is I know on the LG Shine you do need a data plan. She wants to use the future blackberry as a pda/phone and has no need for the internet. Ive got data plan on my phone so I had no clue. Thanks in advance.
    In order to text you need a text msg plan not data.
    08-19-08 08:25 AM
    In order to text you need a text msg plan not data.

Just add a little more to what Cut said,
    No you do not need a data plan. You can internet pay per use. .01 cents per kb if you use internet. The only reason why they say you need a data plan is because the text message plans have MMS and Video (pic mess). And in order to work you need internet.
    08-19-08 09:00 AM
    Thank you very much! Ill give her the information when I see her next week!
    08-19-08 09:24 AM
    what is the blackberry personal plan? what does it include?

I never added a data plan.
    08-19-08 01:20 PM
    what is the blackberry personal plan? what does it include?

I never added a data plan.
    The BB personal includes all internet access (DATA). And unlimited email sending and receiving. $30.00 per month
    08-19-08 01:46 PM
    thanks. I just added it. when you add the bb personal do they add anything else? Because under terms and conditions it said something about voice data and to cancel dial 611. I don't want to be suprised when I open my bill next month.
    08-19-08 02:07 PM
    thanks. I just added it. when you add the bb personal do they add anything else? Because under terms and conditions it said something about voice data and to cancel dial 611. I don't want to be suprised when I open my bill next month.

BB data plan is just data plan( BBM,Email,Web) . The only surprise you can see if they did not tell you was a prorated bill.
    08-19-08 03:10 PM
    New to crackberry. I have a AT&T Pearl 8100 os 4.2.1.109. What is the latest OS version that I can upgrade to? Is there a OS 4.3 for AT&T?

Thank you
    08-19-08 03:57 PM
    BB data plan is just data plan( BBM,Email,Web) . The only surprise you can see if they did not tell you was a prorated bill.
    what's that?
    08-19-08 04:41 PM
    I'm quoting a post from a different thread and posting it here. I hope that's OK.

I had a customer just like you call up today and ask for a free blackberry curve, I offered it to her for 99.99 waive a 2yr contract and get a 1yr contract without upgrade fee.
    Hmm is there a way for me to get this deal but with a different phone?

My contract expires Oct 31. I have an 8700c but the trackwheel is stuck so I can't send email or use Opera Mini (and a lot of other stuff is more of a pain). I was planning on waiting for the Bold but it keeps getting pushed back and I can't wait til October for it. I also don't want to spend the $50-$60 to fix a phone that's not even worth that much.

I need a phone that can use 3G and tether and hopefully push email (not an absolute requirement). But I don't want a 2 year contract for this phone since the good ones are out in a few months. I was considering the samsung access or LG VU or Blackjack II but not sure what the cost will be. In reality I'd like a plan where I can pay a bit more for the phone now but be allowed to upgrade say within 6 months. I don't know if that's realistic though.

I was thinking of buying a nokia retail but they aren't too cheap either and I'd still have to renew my AT&T contract within a few months. What are my options?

Thanks.
    08-19-08 04:58 PM
    right now i pay 35$ for unlimited data and messaging, what are the advantages of upgrading to the BB plan for 50$ a month with unlimted bb data and messaging, is it just the push e-mail? (i only use 1 e-mail address and access it through a seperate g-mail app, so push/bb e-mail is useless for me) thanks.
    08-20-08 04:30 PM
    what's that?
    A prorated bill is when they charge from the point you added the plan and then in advance for the whole month.
    08-20-08 05:22 PM
    I have a quick question????
    Sorry, dont want to read all 54+ pages to see if it has been asked.....
    I know you cant give dates (if you know them) but is there anyway the 8320 will be released before the BOLD.... Im getting sick of waiting.... and what OS do think it will be running when it does?

thanks for the help... and your time...
    08-20-08 09:40 PM
    My friend and I both have AT&T Blackberry 8310's with the same software version. On the network indicator his shows EDGE and mine shows GSM. Can you tell me the difference?

Thanks
    Bob
    08-21-08 11:11 AM
    I bought my DH a Curve 8310 yesterday and can't get the ATT Navigator to work. The program there says ATT Navigator sometimes and sometimes it says ATT Maps or something like that. It has an option to upgrade to gps navigation but that doesnt do anything. What am I doing wrong? I have the Navigator on my Curve and had no problems setting it up. I am wondering if I should delete the software that was preloaded and start all over. It is the same version software though as the tutorial that ATT gave me.

Ok, I have it figured out. The customer service rep that I dealt with this morning was suppose to make a change on the account but didn't so the software was there but not activated on the account. I had tried to add it online last night but the option wasn't there. I asked the customer service person this morning point blank if she needed to add it to my account and she said no. Very frustrating! Oh well, it is working great now.
    Last edited by cindylou6; 08-21-08 at 03:46 PM.
    08-21-08 01:12 PM
1,420 ... 3031323334 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD