I've heard of it done before a few times, but if I call/write AT&T, would they help me get out of a Verizon contract I have a month left on for my business (help pay ETF or a discount?), or would they just laugh? Again, I'm only asking cause I've heard of it happening, not sure with what carriers though.
    Why don't you just wait a month??

I have more than a year left and im completely happy paying the ETF!!(mind you i have been with vzw for 6 years)
    07-06-08 04:20 PM
    Why don't you just wait a month??

I have more than a year left and im completely happy paying the ETF!!(mind you i have been with vzw for 6 years)
    I've been with them pretty long too but I don't like them with my BB, plus I kinda want an iPhone too. My 30 days on my Curve ends on 7/16 so I have to return it by them otherwise I'm stuck for another 2 years. Now that I've seen the light of real smartphones, I don't wanna go back to my PoS Treo700p to finish out the last month of it's contract...
    07-06-08 04:30 PM
    I've been with them pretty long too but I don't like them with my BB, plus I kinda want an iPhone too. My 30 days on my Curve ends on 7/16 so I have to return it by them otherwise I'm stuck for another 2 years. Now that I've seen the light of real smartphones, I don't wanna go back to my PoS Treo700p to finish out the last month of it's contract...
    so if you return the curve...use the POS for the last few weeks of your contract then leave...Thats more worth it for you than paying 175 IMO
    07-06-08 04:50 PM
    so if you return the curve...use the POS for the last few weeks of your contract then leave...Thats more worth it for you than paying 175 IMO
    I know, I was just trying to find another way out... lol. If anything I'd just use a new number with AT&T for a month and downgrade my treo to some cheap plan. $40 bucks wouldn't bee too bad for me to swallow on top of an iPhone cost, but yeah, $175 no thanks.
    07-06-08 04:58 PM
    I know, I was just trying to find another way out... lol. If anything I'd just use a new number with AT&T for a month and downgrade my treo to some cheap plan. $40 bucks wouldn't bee too bad for me to swallow on top of an iPhone cost, but yeah, $175 no thanks.
    Yea, most definately, from what the csr told me today you have 30 days to port your number as well, so i just grabbed a cheap free phone and will port my number when i get my jesus phone*friday haha hopefully*. I have a problem with service in my area...and if ATT didnt work out service wise, then i didnt want to be stuck with no phone plan.
    07-06-08 05:11 PM
    Very surprise you actually try At&t. I think people on this forum convience you to give At&t a try....

So far so good...

I went to ATT today to pick up a free phone to check coverage in anticipation of the IPhone. For a piece of crap free phone, it so far gets better service than my VZW pearl at work!! I wont port my number until i grab up the jesus phone, but so far so good

OH and i get a bigger discount at ATT than VZW from my employer...
    i get 24% off at ATT! Woot. SO cross your fingers for me everyone...when i go home that will be the true test haha of service that is :P
    07-06-08 08:16 PM
    Why does AT&T not have service book for YM? Isn't AT&T and Yahoo partnering in providing Internet access?
    07-06-08 10:37 PM
    Hi guys, I just recently got a Blackberry Curve 8310 from At&t. I am having some crazy issues with using any instant messenger program. I downloaded Oz messenger. For some bizarre reason when I try to sign on to Aim or Yahoo Messenger a "communication error. PLease try again or check your settings" message pops up. Can u help me overcome this craziness? haha
    07-07-08 02:52 PM
    Does Anyone Know If You Can Use T9 For Texting On The Blackberry Curve?
    07-07-08 04:35 PM
    I have ATT, and pay $39 for unlimited text and internet. i think i pay around $90 with my work discount a month (15%). Just wondered what it would cost to add another line on my account. I only have 400 min, but i dont really call to many people. just asking the pros. thanks in advance!
    07-07-08 05:14 PM
    Well, if you only have one line on your account, you'll need to switch to a family plan. The lowest one ins Family Talk 550 for $50.00 and $9.99 (up to 3) each additional line.

So you would want to do it on your billing cycle start date, do not do it the day after you will recieve 30 + 29 days of service in prorated charges. It sounds like you're on the Nation 450 right now, though. So I would *estimate* roughly $9.99 more, excluding your taxes / discount.
    07-07-08 06:46 PM
    I have the basic data plan, the one for $30.00 a month (unlimited). Is the BlackBerry Messenger included in that to use for free or will I be charged extra fees if I use it?

Thanks in advance!
    07-07-08 09:08 PM
    Yes it is included, because it uses data (which your plan covers).
    07-07-08 10:29 PM
    Hello all. I purchased the $50 BB package, so that includes unlimited everything, basically- to my knowledge... However, my bill says something about Media Works 1500- 750 Msg/Min/KB/MB Included in plan. How could this be, if the plan is unlimited?! How is their a limit on an unlimited plan?? I went over this 750 mark, and now I have to pay. Anybody know what the heck is going on? As soon as customer service opens, I'll be calling...
    07-08-08 12:39 AM
    Hmm, well, there is a package that has 1500 messages and some data packed in, but it's $15.00. You said you got the $50.00 BB Personal + Unlimited text package.

Yeah, something doesn't look like, it could be from a previous package that got prorated. Meaning, before you had your blackberry you had that package and they switched it to the BlackBerry plan and it got prorated. That would cause current usage to go into overage and then anything after the BB plan added to be unlimited.
    07-08-08 07:39 AM
    When is the official at&t release of 4.5 going to happen?

Thanks
    07-08-08 08:02 AM
    When is the official at&t release of 4.5 going to happen?

Thanks
    DONT KNOW! Ref page 1 or 2.
    07-08-08 08:37 AM
    Hmm, well, there is a package that has 1500 messages and some data packed in, but it's $15.00. You said you got the $50.00 BB Personal + Unlimited text package.

Yeah, something doesn't look like, it could be from a previous package that got prorated. Meaning, before you had your blackberry you had that package and they switched it to the BlackBerry plan and it got prorated. That would cause current usage to go into overage and then anything after the BB plan added to be unlimited.
    This sounds correct, that's probably what happened! It just stinks when you get that first bill after an upgrade- activation/upgrade fees, prorated fees, and then the following months bill!! Thanks for the reply
    07-08-08 11:42 AM
    hi just got my curve today ...

I do not have a data plan yet, it says edge on the top right of my BB
    am i going to be charged for that or is that just how it connects?
    07-08-08 12:53 PM
    OK I have ATT and now my phone starts to switch to GSM when I go to work. It is nuts, so I don't get to use my internet on the phone and my mail is not pushed through. The phone has never switched to GSM netwk when I was at work before.... What the **** is going on...

I called ATT and the rep states there are no "outages" at where I am located. So what is wrong now? My 1st curve (brand-new) crashed a two weeks ago, this is the replacement phone and it's a refurb. Is there something wrong with the phone or what?
    07-08-08 12:56 PM
    hi just got my curve today ...

I do not have a data plan yet, it says edge on the top right of my BB
    am i going to be charged for that or is that just how it connects?
    "edge" is just the data connection type you have. If you use your data, i.e.: blackberry messenger, web browser, etc, you'll be charged $0.01/KB. The Blackberry Personal (BIS) $30.00/mo package is probably best suited for you, unless you need to access a cooperate email for work. Then you would need Blackberry Enterprise (BES) $45.00/mo.

OK I have ATT and now my phone starts to switch to GSM when I go to work. It is nuts, so I don't get to use my internet on the phone and my mail is not pushed through. The phone has never switched to GSM netwk when I was at work before.... What the **** is going on...

I called ATT and the rep states there are no "outages" at where I am located. So what is wrong now? My 1st curve (brand-new) crashed a two weeks ago, this is the replacement phone and it's a refurb. Is there something wrong with the phone or what?
    Well, going to GSM (from 3G I'm assuming) means the network available low or not 3G coverage. Inside buildings coverage cannot be guaranteed, but since you said it's a replacement.. it could be the antenna in the refurbished phone isn't as strong? And is it ONLY inside your work building?
    07-08-08 03:43 PM
    heres my question: Im now eligible for a new phone, ATT just sent me an email the other day saying I can get a free phone, does that include BB's?!?!? So when the Bold come can I choose that one!?
    07-08-08 03:44 PM
    heres my question: Im now eligible for a new phone, ATT just sent me an email the other day saying I can get a free phone, does that include BB's?!?!? So when the Bold come can I choose that one!?
    If you go to the website it will tell you which devices are free. The Bold when it comes out will be discounted but not free by any stretch of the word.
    07-08-08 10:00 PM
    Why does AT&T not have service book for YM? Isn't AT&T and Yahoo partnering in providing Internet access?

AT&T (landline), not AT&T Mobility is partnering up from what I understand for DSL service.
    07-08-08 10:07 PM
    Hi guys, I just recently got a Blackberry Curve 8310 from At&t. I am having some crazy issues with using any instant messenger program. I downloaded Oz messenger. For some bizarre reason when I try to sign on to Aim or Yahoo Messenger a "communication error. PLease try again or check your settings" message pops up. Can u help me overcome this craziness? haha

Do you have both the correct data and messaging plan? OZ Messenger runs off your text messages.
    07-08-08 10:08 PM
1,420 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD