Ok - thx!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-08 08:18 AM
    I mean the info comes when it comes Im pretty sure they are updated so that they can assist our customers but you have to remember that the store is exactly that. They have other devices to focus on besides just the BB. Im in agreeance with you that there should be at least one BB specific rep in every store.

As far as you second question goes. There is a WIFI curve entering the realm from what Im hearing.

while I agree to an extent. should they also have a winmo expert? treo? razor?

it is hard as a sales rep to keep up with all the devices as they change so often.

the training we receive on the devices is basic at most. I happen to know more about BB's than most. Most reps in my store carry the BB so we handle with ease and when it is something others do not know customer are sent to me. I wish I could have DM on my computer but it is not allowed would be so easy to help customers even more
    06-30-08 08:44 AM
    Okay guy here you go. BB maps no matter what I try I cannot get the dang icon to show. I have tried everything that has been on this site and others. When ever I go to edit the the JBL.alx file the line from the directions John Clark says to edit does not exist. Any ideas or help. Oh by the way my OS is .44
    06-30-08 10:42 AM
    I currently have a the 8310 trough at&t. I got it almost a month ago. When i got the phone the rep told me about att.blackberry.com but i never went there. Well last night and this mourning i did but it is not letting me sign up. It asked for a user name and password which i don't have so i did the create new account but it say "an account already exist for this account".

My question is since i have my yahoo email set up for my phone does that take place or that?
    06-30-08 10:43 AM
    I currently have a the 8310 trough at&t. I got it almost a month ago. When i got the phone the rep told me about att.blackberry.com but i never went there. Well last night and this mourning i did but it is not letting me sign up. It asked for a user name and password which i don't have so i did the create new account but it say "an account already exist for this account".

My question is since i have my yahoo email set up for my phone does that take place or that?

you have tyhe account set up through the device. go into your email set-up on your BB you can set up the acct username and password to use from the BIS site
    06-30-08 11:35 AM
    new here... just wanted to know if you heard of anyone having problems with getting a sos signal after updating to os 4.5.37. i had edge 2 bars in my office all the time now for the past week after updating i am always getting the sos any help or ideas would be appreciated thanks
    06-30-08 12:35 PM
    new here... just wanted to know if you heard of anyone having problems with getting a sos signal after updating to os 4.5.37. i had edge 2 bars in my office all the time now for the past week after updating i am always getting the sos any help or ideas would be appreciated thanks
    i havent heard of that SOS problem with the 4.5 this is new to me.
    06-30-08 12:51 PM
    i thought i would try they sent me a new sim card today, but that did not fix it and other people in my office with the same phone have no problems EDGE with atleast 2 bars. wasn't sure if it could be the upgrade i did might have to go back to 4.2 and see if that fixes it?? was hoping there was a better fix, don't want to loose all the perks of 4.5!!!
    06-30-08 01:01 PM
    you have tyhe account set up through the device. go into your email set-up on your BB you can set up the acct username and password to use from the BIS site
    hey thanx that fixed it
    06-30-08 01:02 PM
    4.5.0.42 is available and much more stable than 4.5.0.37 there are newer versions available as beta as well
    06-30-08 02:53 PM
    where do i get .42 for 8310? sorry i am new here maybe i missed it
    06-30-08 02:56 PM
    I would try google sir it is widely available
    06-30-08 03:01 PM
    i found .46 thanks for the help is that fairly stable?
    06-30-08 03:51 PM
    The info about the BIS update states that we need to resend the service book. When I log into the site provided, I am told that, based on my Pin and IMEI number, I must do this through my device (8300 on AT&T). Two questions:
    1. Is this because I acquired my device via authorized dealer (Windstream) and not directly from AT&T?
    2. How do I resend the service book directly from my device?

Thanks.
    06-30-08 04:04 PM
    Hey, I am going to call and purchase a 8310 from At&t tonight. Can I request to just get the phone and not the data plan? Is there any problems I might run into when I get someone on the phone.
    06-30-08 04:17 PM
    i found .46 thanks for the help is that fairly stable?
    yes it is from what I have seen
    06-30-08 04:26 PM
    The info about the BIS update states that we need to resend the service book. When I log into the site provided, I am told that, based on my Pin and IMEI number, I must do this through my device (8300 on AT&T). Two questions:
    1. Is this because I acquired my device via authorized dealer (Windstream) and not directly from AT&T?
    2. How do I resend the service book directly from my device?

Thanks.
    Means your email was set up directly from the device initially. nothing wrong with it

also from the email set up Icon you can go in and resend the service books it is one of the only options given to you
    06-30-08 04:28 PM
    Hey, I am going to call and purchase a 8310 from At&t tonight. Can I request to just get the phone and not the data plan? Is there any problems I might run into when I get someone on the phone.
    You can purchase the phone outright w/o data plan you may not be eligible for any discounts or rebates
    06-30-08 04:29 PM
    You can purchase the phone outright w/o data plan you may not be eligible for any discounts or rebates
    On At&t's website they offer the curve refurb for $69. It doesn't say anything about a discount so I should be able to get just the phone?
    06-30-08 04:35 PM
    Looks like that is the price with a new 2 year agreement. so you should be good to go
    06-30-08 04:39 PM
    i thought i would try they sent me a new sim card today, but that did not fix it and other people in my office with the same phone have no problems EDGE with atleast 2 bars. wasn't sure if it could be the upgrade i did might have to go back to 4.2 and see if that fixes it?? was hoping there was a better fix, don't want to loose all the perks of 4.5!!!
    Its the upgarde some people experience the reception issue. I did back when I upgraded to .37, but haven't run accross any problems with the newer betas.
    06-30-08 04:40 PM
    DaLynQwent

where in the was/Bal do ya operate

I work in this market as well. Virginia Beach area
    06-30-08 04:48 PM
    On At&t's website they offer the curve refurb for $69. It doesn't say anything about a discount so I should be able to get just the phone?
    Not sure about AT&T, but I know alot of reps try to talk you into thinking you need a data plan, when you really don't, just FYI. The downside to ordering online vs. phone is you can't really bargain or customize, but at $69 you can't really go wrong. Try adding that to your cart, then just pick a voice plan.

Edit: Had no conflicts adding the Curve and only a voice plan to a shopping cart and proceeding through checkout up till the point where you put in your credit card. Go ahead and call if you want, if that doesn't work give the online store a try.
    Last edited by pyroguysf; 06-30-08 at 04:53 PM.
    06-30-08 04:50 PM
    also from the email set up Icon you can go in and resend the service books it is one of the only options given to you
    That did it. Thanks!
    06-30-08 04:56 PM
    Thanks guys
    06-30-08 04:58 PM
1,420 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD