When someone asks you what phone company are you with do you feel embarrassed to say Sprint I tell people very proudly that I am with Sprint but I am tired of having that 3-5 min conversation on why Sprint sucks, when it really doesn't
    12-14-09 08:30 PM
    The amount I pay (my bill) is way less for the same services Veriz. Att. I will defend sprint all the way there. But customer service lacks, but I'm. Not complaining. I don't mind the crappy customer service paying less.

Now don't confuse cust. Srvc. With Tech Support, they are great over there. My only issue is the customer service reps.
    12-14-09 08:39 PM
    i remember being in the T-Mobile store and the employee was just breaking Sprint down to sum potential customers, i mean really bashing them.. then i told him about my SERO plan.. the mood changed in there quite drastically lol... i then told him about the sero site and how to get it.. i think he went rogue that day lol
    12-14-09 09:06 PM
    I work with a bunch of Verizon people and all of my family has verizon, so I'm constantly defending Sprint. The usual argument is price because most pay as much for one phone as I do for four and I get a lot more minutes and features. I always get the "you get what you pay for" comment, but in my experience coverage and CS are pretty damn good for what I pay.
    12-14-09 09:06 PM
    When someone asks you what phone company are you with do you feel embarrassed to say Sprint I tell people very proudly that I am with Sprint but I am tired of having that 3-5 min conversation on why Sprint sucks, when it really doesn't
    We are formally ATT and Verizon customers and have been with Sprint for about a year. So far, we are happy with them. The signal is better at our house and I like how we can upgrade our phones after a year.
    12-14-09 09:34 PM
    I have proudly converted 3 Verizon folks to Sprint in the last few weeks. They can not believe they never realized the value before. Plus I get the $25 referral/per line.
    12-14-09 11:03 PM
    No need to debate here, I simply pull out my phone and compare signals and web speed, that usually shuts them up.
    12-15-09 01:14 AM
    I have no embarrassment at telling people I'm with Sprint. 5 years today I've been with them, and no bad experiences to share. I've had simply excellent experiences with Customer Service, had 1 minor billing issue in this time that was corrected and cedited on a single call, and the three times I've called CS in the last year, I've sent 2 e-mails in [email protected] to commend CSRs. I've received return emails and phone calls to both of them.

I've gone to different stores in various cities. I've had minor repairs done twice, quickly and competently, and without delay. I am happy to say I've had no bad experiences in any stores I've visited. In fact, I've had some interesting conversations.

I don't down other people for their choice of carrier. My reply to the ones that try to dump on mine? "Opinions vary."

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-09 02:44 AM
    I don't recall anyone asking who my provider is. if they did ask, I'd be neither proud nor embarrassed in my response. It just is what it is.

12-15-09 02:50 AM
    I've been with Sprint since 1999. I always support them and now with Dan Hesse at the helm, things keep getting better. Sprint is keeping things simple. Their plans are very customer friendly, the phones are top notch. I love turning the tables and have my friends from other carriers defend their carriers. While the "exclusive" phone thing may be special to some, but I will take any Sprint device on their network.

12-15-09 06:30 AM
    I've been with nextel/sprint for 6 years so far this tour, previously had been a nextel customer.

It was all fair comparisons prior to any mobile, anywhere add-on. Now, when I mention how with 5 phones I can barely use 300 of my 1500 minutes, and I pay < 185 bucks for all 5 (taxes included!) it usually shuts them up.
    Being that we'll roam on verizon towers usually quells the 'better coverage' argument...lol
    12-15-09 07:32 AM
    I don't defend sprint, but I'm not embarrassed by them either. I will however defend my choice with the following reasons. Service is pretty good for me (but I will say in the past few months it has gone down). I get to upgrade every year, and I have 2 berryson my bill any pay $125/mo which I don't think is too bad.

12-15-09 08:16 AM
    I'll defend sprint when they start sending me some checks. As for prices, they can't be beat.
    12-15-09 08:20 AM
    I was just having a convo with friend on suday, they just got iphones with att. The husband wife and son. $250 per month before taxes. They said that sprint has poor network coverage and crappy if any 3g at all. We were driving out in the country and blew a tire on their truck, needing to call a tow because it caused a great deal of damage when it blew, the hubby whipped out the trusty iphone and bam!!!! No coverage. Signal was 0!!! I just sat there quiet, he said you dont have coverage either do you, i said oh but i do. His wife says, i dont have the # to tripple a, i said i can look it up, pulled out my tour and said here is the # according to what is listed on google. Yes even out here i have full coverage and data coverage. Yes with sprint, and yes i pay around 160 per month for three blackberries on my plan with unlimited data!

So to answer your question do i defend sprint? No the service and value defends itself perfectly!!

Sprint all the way baby.
    12-15-09 08:48 AM
    I was just having a convo with friend on suday, they just got iphones with att. The husband wife and son. $250 per month before taxes. They said that sprint has poor network coverage and crappy if any 3g at all. We were driving out in the country and blew a tire on their truck, needing to call a tow because it caused a great deal of damage when it blew, the hubby whipped out the trusty iphone and bam!!!! No coverage. Signal was 0!!! I just sat there quiet, he said you dont have coverage either do you, i said oh but i do. His wife says, i dont have the # to tripple a, i said i can look it up, pulled out my tour and said here is the # according to what is listed on google. Yes even out here i have full coverage and data coverage. Yes with sprint, and yes i pay around 160 per month for three blackberries on my plan with unlimited data!

So to answer your question do i defend sprint? No the service and value defends itself perfectly!!

Sprint all the way baby.
    lol owned. What did they say after wards?
    12-15-09 09:13 AM
    Defend? As in fend of barbed attacks with a wicked riposte from my trusty blade? No. The stakes are rarely that high. But I always tell any friend who also happens to own a Blackberry about how great Sprint prices are. I mean, for crying out aloud, I have 450 anytime minutes, which is a laughably minuscule number of minutes, but because of the free mobile to mobile plan, I haven't even come close to using half of the allotted 450 minutes for any billing cycle. When I tell my friends about how lovely the skiing is on Sprint slopes, I don't come off high and mighty, or adopt the 'I betch-ya didn't know' attitude. Rather, when I tell my friends about how reasonable the Sprint prices are, I do it because they are my friends, and they could use a break in the endless barrage of monthly bills. I've had a friend convert from T-Mobile's everything plan at 109.99 to the Sprint's 450 anytime minutes for 69.99. Because of the free mobile to mobile, he is making all the calls he made before, but at almost 35% less. It doesn't give me a 'Jesus' syndrome; I am just glad that I knew of it, and that he availed himself of it. I didn't even avail myself of Sprint's referral bonus; I clean forgot. I am happy to shrug my shoulders and leave them be if they decide not to seize the opportunity. Sometimes talking about service carriers is as potent as discussing abortion rights at a pub. It shouldn't be, but it is.

To be perfectly honest, if Sprint had the iPhone, I probably would have tried it out by now. My reluctance to try the competing devices such as the Bold and the Storm stem from my reluctance to leave Sprint, rather than from my conviction that the Tour is the best smart phone that was ever made. Sprint has made strides in its array of phones, and it is my hope that soon enough, we will start to see phones that rival the iPhone in its repertoire.
    Last edited by Barredbard; 12-15-09 at 09:24 AM.
    12-15-09 09:21 AM
    I believe in Sprint, I have had AT&T and I can't believe the hype AT&T puts out about their "Fastest" data network, I can't say anything about Verizon as I have never had their service BUT.....

Sprint's customer service is better than AT&T, I have yet to have billing problems. OF the billing issues I have had, they were more along the lines of crediting activation fees back which they did recently when I added two new Tours to my account.

When I have technical problems, they have came though and one thing I like as being a IT BES admin, when I call Sprint BB tech support, they treat me with respect when I convey that I'm not an average user. With AT&T, no matter how I explained that I had a better grasp of technical problem, I was always treated like an *****.

In working with Sprint with my company, Sprint offers better corporate support and training, while AT&T offers nothing and from my persepctive, it's clear that Sprint is more aware of business needs compared to AT&T, who is more interested in selling flashing candy iphones and claiming they have the fastest data network with nothing to support such.

I'm very pleased with Sprint, they support me and I support them.
    12-15-09 11:30 AM
    . if they did ask, I'd be neither proud nor embarrassed in my response. It just is what it is.

same here.. and the only ones that have asked me mostly where verizon reps and customers. I just tell them have fun getting wallet rape thats all
    12-15-09 12:57 PM
    Do i defend Sprint, ya damn skippy i do, lol. But i don't brag that i have a better plan or coverage i just prove it when the occasion comes up. just the other day i was at the verizon store with my girl. while she was getting her upgrade i was like babe ask them about blackberries so she did, she ask the rep about plans and pricing. she actually defended sprint and is not even a customer, lol. she was like how come my BF has a blackberry with all the goodies and unlimited data blah blah blah unlimited text, gps and he pays the same amount as i do and i have a dumbphone, I just smiled lol and best yet the rep didn't even challenge it.
    12-15-09 01:12 PM
    lol owned. What did they say after wards?
    oddly enough they were speachless, it was awesome!!
    12-15-09 02:04 PM
    Defend? As in fend of barbed attacks with a wicked riposte from my trusty blade? No. The stakes are rarely that high. But I always tell any friend who also happens to own a Blackberry about how great Sprint prices are. I mean, for crying out aloud, I have 450 anytime minutes, which is a laughably minuscule number of minutes, but because of the free mobile to mobile plan, I haven't even come close to using half of the allotted 450 minutes for any billing cycle.
    I'm 14 days into my billing cycle and I've used 6. I used 2 last month and only because I checked voice mail.

Kinda makes me wish they had a "Simply Everything 50" plan.

12-15-09 04:58 PM
    I have converted 5 people to Sprint and 4 people to Blackberry I need to be compensated, LMAO!!! Other than calling CS everyone is happy, I always advise people that if your going with Sprint always get the phone you want because its a pain to upgrade, Blackberry is the most reliable phone Sprint has unless you want the latest and greatest you wont have to upgrade for atleast 3 years if you have to push it
    12-15-09 05:10 PM
    Yea, I would say in 5 years with Sprint, we've really only had 1 billing issue that required calling CS. Other than that, my wife and I both have blackberries and we have the simply everything 1500 plan, I pay $103/month for both of them, because my work has a 27% discount with Sprint. They also have a 24% discount with VZW and my co-worker has them, and his bill (he and his wife have a similar plan) is $150/month albeit they have an additional line for $10 / month on one of their old phones (as a home phone). We've never had the pi$$ing contest so-to-speak about signal strength etc, but neither one of us complains either. Whatever suits your needs is what you should go with... Simple.
    12-15-09 05:16 PM
    Never had any issues with sprint. Best prices, great smartphone selection, upgrades every year, and tons of other perks make them the best carrier out there in my opinion! And coverage issues? They have good coverage and can roam on verizons "great" network too.

12-15-09 05:31 PM
    I never feel like I have to defend Sprint. They r simply the best if u ask me...sure they have come a long way but I have no problems with them. I have been with them for 9 years. Don't see myself switching to any other company.
    12-15-09 10:02 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD