Hi all, been lurking for a few weeks and decided to join up...great site!

I have a few questions if anyone can help. I just got the Storm last week (my 1st BB). So far, it's ok. To me, it's really slow, even on simple tasks like switching from vertical to horizontal mode. I got the Storm form one of those "authorized Verizon retailers", Go Wireless I think. My question is, if I return the Storm within the 30 days will my new every 2 credit be restored? The reason I ask is b/c Best Buy has the Curve on sale for $99, so my calculation would put it at around $50 with a new every 2 credit. Is that right? Thanks in advance for any help!
    06-20-09 05:20 PM
    We have the Curve on sale for 49.99 after the rebate (corporate Verizon location) Your NE2 credit would make the Curve free after the rebate.
    06-20-09 05:30 PM
    We have the Curve on sale for 49.99 after the rebate (corporate Verizon location) Your NE2 credit would make the Curve free after the rebate.
    Wow, are you serious?! I was contemplating waiting on the Tour, but that deal might be too good to pass up. I guess I could always do an early upgrade next year if I wanted the Tour.

So there would be no problem getting back my NE2 if I returned the Storm to the place I got it?
    06-20-09 05:38 PM
    They will probably give you a hard time but yes, they do have to honor the 30 day return policy. It will reset your NE2 as well.
    06-20-09 06:25 PM
    They will probably give you a hard time but yes, they do have to honor the 30 day return policy. It will reset your NE2 as well.
    I wouldn't be so sure of that. We deal with an independent retailer above our store all the time, and they take every chance they get to send someone down to our store and pass the situation on to us.
    06-20-09 10:04 PM
    Scott - where are you located? what store are you referring to?

smachart - you are incorrect in your statement " they do have to honor the 30 day return policy"

nhw - they do not have to honor the 30 day return policy - if you want to return i suggest you stop using the phone immediately and go into the authorized retailer that you got it at.

My stores (top notch premium retailer ) do have the 30 day return policy (in like new condition w/ box intact)

HOWEVER some retailers have return policy's as short as 7 days and / or include a limited amount of phone usage (ive seen < 60 minutes talk time)

Hope this helps!
    06-20-09 11:31 PM

smachart - you are incorrect in your statement " they do have to honor the 30 day return policy"

nhw - they do not have to honor the 30 day return policy - if you want to return i suggest you stop using the phone immediately and go into the authorized retailer that you got it at.

My stores (top notch premium retailer ) do have the 30 day return policy (in like new condition w/ box intact)

HOWEVER some retailers have return policy's as short as 7 days and / or include a limited amount of phone usage (ive seen < 60 minutes talk time)

Hope this helps!
    I was told when I bought the phone that I had 30 days to return it, so if they don't honor it, I'm not gonna be too happy.
    06-21-09 02:09 AM

Hope this helps!
    No, i am not incorrect. The 30 day WFG has to be honored, its a Verizon policy and the resellers (like the company you work for) have to follow those policies. I really dont know why people dont just come to corporate locations...
    06-21-09 11:29 AM
    Go wireless does do the 30 day return thing. That's where I got my first phone with vzw (dare) and returned it 2 weeks later. They were great about it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-09 11:42 AM
    you need to be VERY careful when dealing with authorized agents, they have their own terms and conditions such as if there is more than a few minutes of talk time on the phone they WILL NOT return it, usually they have 14-15 day return policy, also they have restocking fee's and the most usual case that I have "heard" is customer buying phone from agents and returning to agent, then going to a corporate store, and it shows they still have that phone active because mr. agent would not change upgrade dates so they get paid; they are like used car salesman
    06-21-09 02:17 PM
    When I bought my first curve last year and had to return it, it was no problem. I purchased the phone at a Go wireless. If the policy is that you can return it within 30 days it has to be honored. The only thing I have seen is about a possible restocking fee.
    06-21-09 02:37 PM
    Im a newb here i just got my curve last week. I asked the verizon rep is there any way i would be able to get the tour that comes out next month, he said no id have to wait 20 months. I couldnt wait any longer because my moto krazer was shot so i had to go with the curve that day. So after reading the previous pots, i can just go back within 30 days return the curve and get the the tour with out any problems?
    06-21-09 03:06 PM
    If its within 30 days, yes. If its on the 31st day, no.
    06-21-09 03:10 PM
    Some authorized retailers are an absolutely nightmare to deal with..

Upfront, I believe most of them will honor the 30-day return policy. Like otheras have mentioned though, buyer beware when it comes to 3rd party stores.

Some of their exchange/return fees are outrageous.

06-21-09 03:19 PM
    If its within 30 days, yes. If its on the 31st day, no.
    I just did the math, im screwed. If the phone does come out on the 13th like expected id be over the 30 days. I baught my phone on the 12th of this month.
    06-21-09 03:46 PM
    Be careful as some retailers such as letstalk.com have absurd return policy. They offer a 7 day money back or 30 day exchange policy limited to 30 minutes of useage. If you have used the device for more than 30 minutes you cannot do either. Personally 30 minutes is about 1 day usage for me meaning you have 1 day to decide rather or not the phone is gonna work.... not fun.

I ordered a couple of phone from them a few months back and actually ended up returning them out of fear that I would go over the 30 minutes and not be able to return or exchange them.

Always stick with the Corporate stores , you'll sleep better at night imo

We also had a situation with Alert Cellular back in 2005 or so where we purchased 3 phones , one of which was a Motorola phone for my father in law and after we got home found a bunch of pictures and messages already on the phone so we took it back the next morning to return it and the Sales rep informed us that it couldnt be returned because it had 63 minutes on the lifetime call timer and their policy clearly states that anything over 60 minutes usage cannot be returned. We showed her the pictures and messages already on the phone she she informed us that she was aware of this and that the previous owner had returned it when the usage was under 60 minutes and even though we had only used it about 15 minutes that put the usage over 60 minutes and it could not be returned....

I still have that stupid Motorola phone in a shoe box in my closet Worst phone ever!
    Last edited by GrandMasterB; 06-21-09 at 04:05 PM.
    06-21-09 03:52 PM
    I need to go back and re-read the receipt and make sure I can do it.

For those that have dealt with Go Wireless before, can I return the phone, or do I have to exchange it? The reason I ask is that a previous post in this thread stated that the Verizon Corporate stores have the Curve on sale. Best Buy also has the Curve on sale, so I was leaning on returning the Storm and then going to one of those stores and getting the Curve.
    06-21-09 06:52 PM
    As a current corp employee, and a past auth agent employee, always go corporate. Less shady, and auth agents can have their own return policy. Can you cancel the contract w..in 30 days? sure, that doesnt mean the auth. dealer has to take back the phone and not charge the full retail. The one i used to work at, if you canceled w.in 6 months of the contract you had to return the phone or you would be charged $250 for it (we would keep a credit card on file).
    06-21-09 07:09 PM
    I need to go back and re-read the receipt and make sure I can do it.

For those that have dealt with Go Wireless before, can I return the phone, or do I have to exchange it? The reason I ask is that a previous post in this thread stated that the Verizon Corporate stores have the Curve on sale. Best Buy also has the Curve on sale, so I was leaning on returning the Storm and then going to one of those stores and getting the Curve.
    The curve is $49.99 online so when you go in you can return it there and get the curve for that much at the go wireless store. At least the one here you can. I went in and said that I wanted to go to the storm and didn't want the dare. I was only 14 days in so they took the dare back and gave me the storm for the online price. They were really good about it. Everyone I have dealt with there has been great. You shouldn't have to go to the corp store to get the curve for $49.99.

06-21-09 07:13 PM
    As a current corp employee, and a past auth agent employee, always go corporate. Less shady, and auth agents can have their own return policy. Can you cancel the contract w..in 30 days? sure, that doesnt mean the auth. dealer has to take back the phone and not charge the full retail. The one i used to work at, if you canceled w.in 6 months of the contract you had to return the phone or you would be charged $250 for it (we would keep a credit card on file).
    Some people don't have corp stores where they live. I am one of those people. Everyone I have dealt with at the go wireless here is way better than the corp store back home (5 hours away). So much so that my whole family has me do all their stuff here. The corp store they get to deal with is shiesty and they are all just jerks. Not saying that's every corp store. But the one they deal with is and the go wireless where I live is great. They are very helpful and have never charged me a restock fee or any kind of fees.

06-21-09 07:17 PM
    Yeah I think I will do that from now on.

The curve is $49.99 online so when you go in you can return it there and get the curve for that much at the go wireless store. At least the one here you can. I went in and said that I wanted to go to the storm and didn't want the dare. I was only 14 days in so they took the dare back and gave me the storm for the online price. They were really good about it. Everyone I have dealt with there has been great. You shouldn't have to go to the corp store to get the curve for $49.99.

Ok thanks for the info, I'll have to check.
    06-21-09 07:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD