I lost my Blackberry Bold 9000 while on vacation in oct. I called at&t to notify them about the situation and the cs rep suspended. I asked about having it replaced and was told there was no insurance on the phone. When I signed up for service back in April, I had insurance put on the phone b/c it's a $300 phone. The rep offered an early upgrade plus $75 charge for the upgrade. Also said that I could purchase a goPhone and add that to the line in the meantime. Fast forward to this past wkd, (didn't use upgrade or purchase a goPhone?!) I wanted to speak with a rep again about the situation. This said that back in august when a iPhone was added to the acct, the Bold's insurance was taken off. That made no sense b/c that was a totally different #. I was upset and she basically offered the Bold for $230. Is this right? I didn't authorize to have insurance taken off. I'm fine with paying the $50 or so for a replacement but $230.....who should I speak with b/c this type of stuff is the reason I left my previous carrier......this is ridiculous......I have a premier acct and 3 lines
    11-22-09 08:00 PM
    Do you have your statements showing the insurance? Or can you log into your account and get them? If so, a strong case would seem to point towards an error.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-09 08:28 PM
    I can pull that up from previous bills. Question is should I call again and ask for a manager or email customer service. Reps don't have any solutions or than a discounted price. What's the point of paying upgrade when I had insurance, you know?
    11-22-09 08:44 PM
    If the statements show that the insurance charge ceased the month after you added the iPhone, that's not going to help your case. Is anyone else authorized on your account? Could the rep tell you who (by name) specifically authorized the removal of the insurance? I'd go down that road a bit if it were me. I don't know what you do for a living but in the end you'll probably want to weigh your potential loss of income as a result of time spent chasing after $230. I'm not saying the carrier's right, but if you rapidly exhaust the reasonable options, which would include speaking with a manager too, you'll have to decide whether it's worth your time to pursue it. Just my $.02 on the whole thing. Good luck to you and let us know how it goes.
    11-22-09 09:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD