If I buy an iPhone on Bell will I be able to put it on my existing Virgin Mobile Contract without unlocking?
    06-02-11 07:08 AM
    Without unlocking? No.

If they both have simcard phones then you can use it. But you have to unlock first.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-11 07:58 AM
    Bell and Virgin are both CDMA based networks, there are no SIM cards needed.

It is up to the policy of the carrier. Most carriers will not authorize a phone that was not manufactured for them.
    06-02-11 10:25 AM
    Bell also has a GSM HSPA network, that uses sim cards...

I am not sure about their iPhones however, as they might be CDMA versions, which cannot be unlocked / moved to another carrier...

At any rate, if virgin's network is CDMA only, then you can only ever use a virgin device... (Unless they all other carrier's ESN's on their network (doubtful)

Why would you buy an iphone full price from bell, and use it on virgin ???

Also, this should be in the iPhone forum...

06-02-11 10:47 AM
    Bell and Virgin are both CDMA based networks, there are no SIM cards needed.

It is up to the policy of the carrier. Most carriers will not authorize a phone that was not manufactured for them.

Don't know where you have been for 2 years but, I have NO clue how my hspa sim card torch works on Telus/Bell in canada! Haha they have been using then for let's say 2 years almost now with still having a cdma network running alongside!

06-02-11 01:44 PM
    Virgin in canada is GSM.
    Virgin in the US is CDMA.

Bell in Canada is.. Both. Right?

06-02-11 01:54 PM
    If I buy an iPhone on Bell will I be able to put it on my existing Virgin Mobile Contract without unlocking?
    No need to unlock. You will need to buy a virgin SIM card.
    06-02-11 02:58 PM
    Theres no real reason to bump this post but...those first two comments made my brain tickle
    06-19-11 08:55 PM
    Virgin in canada is GSM.
    Virgin in the US is CDMA.

Bell in Canada is.. Both. Right?

Bell, Telus used to be CDMA networks, Rogers, was the only carrier that had a GSM network in Canada. But time's have changed and GSM has pretty much become the choice so Bell and possibly Telus upgraded their infrastructure to GSM.
    11-15-13 11:58 AM
    ?????????? Iphone??????

From the Z30 of Rockivy @10.2.0.1803 soon 10.2.1.1055!!!!
    11-15-13 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD