Found this on Android Central and thought some would find interesting.

https://www.androidcentral.com/dish-...n-boost-mobile
    04-02-21 09:51 AM
    Found this on Android Central and thought some would find interesting.

https://www.androidcentral.com/dish-...n-boost-mobile
    Expect it has more to do with the "lock" on customers that those CDMA devices created for Boost/DISH.

But if Dish didn't get access to CDMA built into their contract to buy those Sprint assets, who's fault is that? The ending of CDMA and GSM has been on the table for years now.
    04-02-21 10:45 AM
    Expect it has more to do with the "lock" on customers that those CDMA devices created for Boost/DISH.

But if Dish didn't get access to CDMA built into their contract to buy those Sprint assets, who's fault is that? The ending of CDMA and GSM has been on the table for years now.
    Oh I definitely agree. I just found it very interesting that everyone thinks somehow T-Mobile is any different than any other carriers. That new 5G infrastructure along with the merger costs has created the need for lots of additional positive cash flow. The merger also was in part to allow T-Mobile leverage to behave like the other carriers and not have to beg for customers anymore. When you look at three carriers now, they're virtually indistinguishable.
    04-02-21 11:21 AM
    Oh I definitely agree. I just found it very interesting that everyone thinks somehow T-Mobile is any different than any other carriers. That new 5G infrastructure along with the merger costs has created the need for lots of additional positive cash flow. The merger also was in part to allow T-Mobile leverage to behave like the other carriers and not have to beg for customers anymore. When you look at three carriers now, they're virtually indistinguishable.
    I agree.... T-Mobile is in the process of change, judging it based on the past is foolish.

Best phone experience I've had in a while was with Xfinity.... short stint to qualify my wife as a new customer to get a discounted phone with Verizon. Great prices, great customer service, no hidden fees and easy to deal with. And still Verizon's coverage... but they are new and have to work harder, like T-Mobile did.

As you said, at this point T-Mobile needs to make money and not leave anything on the table. Might be some individual markets where their coverage isn't good enough and they have to work harder. But eventually I kind of doubt you'll be able to tell them apart.
    04-02-21 01:37 PM
    Very interesting, the one thing you folks seem to forget is the Parent company. The German side of T Mobile has been very consumer friendly. For that to change T Mobile would have to change the parent. Also T Mobile has very good positive cash flow, unlike AT&T that is hemorrhaging cash with Direct TV and HBO. While some changes have occurred at T Mobile since the sprint takeover most have been do to changing the culture at Sprint. T Mobile still ranks as the best provider right behind Consumer Cellular. AT&T is rated below Sprint 2020 last listed. I know of no other provider that has has customer give away on Tuesday. I have been in this game a long time and I have never experienced the customer support and gratitude for being a customer at T Mobile. As for the coverage, for a 50% drop in billing and top notch support AT&T can keep it. One other point people say all of the big three are the same, yes in the sense of tower to tower but customer service sets one from the other and in ranking it is Consumer>T-Mobile>Verizon>Sprint>AT&T. The numbers for this are actually very far apart. The top two are very close and Verizon is middle of the pack Sprint and AT&T are dead last. Support and service to me are always just as if not more so important that coverage.

Here are some numbers for T Mobile as you can see they are in fine shape
    T-Mobile US annual/quarterly gross profit history and growth rate from 2006 to 2020. Gross profit can be defined as the profit a company makes after deducting the variable costs directly associated with making and selling its products or providing its services.

T-Mobile US gross profit for the quarter ending December 31, 2020 was $10.689B, a 60.35% increase year-over-year.
    T-Mobile US gross profit for the twelve months ending December 31, 2020 was $40.131B, a 51.57% increase year-over-year.
    T-Mobile US annual gross profit for 2020 was $40.131B, a 51.57% increase from 2019.
    T-Mobile US annual gross profit for 2019 was $26.477B, a 6.09% increase from 2018.
    T-Mobile US annual gross profit for 2018 was $24.956B, a 9% increase from 2017.

T-Mobile US annual/quarterly operating income history and growth rate from 2006 to 2020. Operating income can be defined as income after operating expenses have been deducted and before interest payments and taxes have been deducted.

T-Mobile US operating income for the quarter ending December 31, 2020 was $1.712B, a 38.74% increase year-over-year.
    T-Mobile US operating income for the twelve months ending December 31, 2020 was $6.636B, a 15.97% increase year-over-year.
    T-Mobile US annual operating income for 2020 was $6.636B, a 15.97% increase from 2019.
    T-Mobile US annual operating income for 2019 was $5.722B, a 7.78% increase from 2018.
    T-Mobile US annual operating income for 2018 was $5.309B, a 8.61% increase from 2017.

you also have to remember DISH is also loosing money on its TV side and this is just another blow.

WOOF
    Last edited by SteinwayTransitCorp; 04-03-21 at 03:04 PM.
    04-03-21 09:19 AM
    There is still no better option than T-Mobile for bringing your own device and using it on their network. I read the article yesterday over on AC and suspect T-Mobile will ultimately decide to keep this older acquired Sprint spectrum viable until 2022 as Verizon has decided to do.

Verizon seems to be waking up to T-Mobile's rising popularity with their free 1000 dollar credit toward any older damaged device when you switch and trade in and are talking more about BYOD. The new T-Mobile and Google collaboration also probably is a concern. We will now save an additional $120 dollars annually off our YouTube TV subscription (in addition to our free Netflix) for being a T-Mobile customer. That's $299.88 annually we will now save in addition to how much we have saved from switching from AT&T now 6 years ago. That was $68 dollars per month less or $4,896 we have saved @ T-Mobile vs us staying on a false unlimited corp discounted AT&T plan (As Flossy Carter says "Major, major savings!") Think more and more of these entertainment bundles will be happening amongst carriers.
    04-03-21 10:09 AM
    Very interesting, the one thing you folks seem to forget is the Parent company. The German side of T Mobile has been very consumer friendly. For that to change T Mobile would have to change the parent. Also T Mobile has very good positive cash flow, unlike AT&T that is hemorrhaging cash with Direct TV and HBO. While some changes have occurred at T Mobile since the sprint takeover most have been do to changing the culture at Sprint. T Mobile still ranks as the best provider right behind Consumer Cellular. AT&T is rated below Sprint 2020 last listed. I know of no other provider that has has customer give away on Tuesday. I have been in this game a long time and I have never experienced the customer support and gratitude for being a customer at T Mobile. As for the coverage, for a 50% drop in billing and top notch support AT&T can keep it. One other point people say all of the big three are the same, yes in the sense of tower to tower but customer service sets one from the other and in ranking it is Consumer>T-Mobile>Verizon>Sprint>AT&T. The numbers for this are actually very far apart. The top two are very close and Verizon is middle of the pack Sprint and AT&T are dead last. Support and service to me are always just as if not more so important that coverage.

you also have to remember DISH is also loosing money on its TV side and this is just another blow.

WOOF
    There is still no better option than T-Mobile for bringing your own device and using it on their network. I read the article yesterday over on AC and suspect T-Mobile will ultimately decide to keep this older acquired Sprint spectrum viable until 2022 as Verizon has decided to do.

Verizon seems to be waking up to T-Mobile's rising popularity with their free 1000 dollar credit toward any older damaged device when you switch and trade in and are talking more about BYOD. The new T-Mobile and Google collaboration also probably is a concern. We will now save an additional $120 dollars annually off our YouTube TV subscription (in addition to our free Netflix) for being a T-Mobile customer. That's $299.88 annually we will now save in addition to how much we have saved from switching from AT&T now 6 years ago. That was $68 dollars per month less or $4,896 we have saved @ T-Mobile vs us staying on a false unlimited corp discounted AT&T plan (As Flossy Carter says "Major, major savings!") Think more and more of these entertainment bundles will be happening amongst carriers.
    I just thought article was interesting from a business perspective. If y'all have ever watched professional wrestling from a business perspective, it's called the gimmick. I simply believe that former T-Mobile CEO was great at presenting the gimmick. At the end of the day, all three carriers have the primary responsibility to shareholders first. None of them are really socially more responsible.

As far as the pricing, all network coverage being close to equal, if the savings per line was there for me, don't you think I'd have already switched? The savings on T-Mobile pre-merger had to compensate for lower coverage and same with Sprint too. Even the salespeople at T-Mobile admit I've got a good deal for now that can't be lowered by switching.

Keep in mind all three carriers have part of my lines now.
    04-03-21 03:18 PM
    I just thought article was interesting from a business perspective. If y'all have ever watched professional wrestling from a business perspective, it's called the gimmick. I simply believe that former T-Mobile CEO was great at presenting the gimmick. At the end of the day, all three carriers have the primary responsibility to shareholders first. None of them are really socially more responsible.

As far as the pricing, all network coverage being close to equal, if the savings per line was there for me, don't you think I'd have already switched? The savings on T-Mobile pre-merger had to compensate for lower coverage and same with Sprint too. Even the salespeople at T-Mobile admit I've got a good deal for now that can't be lowered by switching.

Keep in mind all three carriers have part of my lines now.
    The price difference between T Mobile and AT&T is a large gap. T-Mobile is much more customer concentric and that's because of the parent. When I deal with T Mobile or any of my people all of the feedback is the same.................what a difference. Customer service is number one with me and that's leaves AT&T in the dust bin. Its just the way it is.

When I called AT&T about issues I was told "you People' Really? If all of them are the same than why is AT&T loosing cash? Customers are jumping ship at a pretty high rate. I deal with T Mobile on a professional level as well as personal. Nothing AT&T has ever done comes close to what I experience now.
    04-03-21 04:05 PM
    When you look at three carriers now, they're virtually indistinguishable.
    Except only one of them currently kicks you for using a rogue device.
    04-04-21 09:00 AM
    Amen
    04-04-21 10:07 AM
    No, that'd be 2 of 3 according to what I've read here with AT&T or VZW although I've personally not experienced with AT&T yet. T-Mobile did make a BE KEYone unusable for me by swapping out a tower from Band 4 to Band 66 or so it seems.

At the end of the day, I use carrier locked devices for the best optimization and support due to BlackBerry Limited support policies in their heyday.

I've never seen a benefit to a factory unlocked phone that offset the disadvantages with any USA carriers in the last 30 years.
    04-04-21 05:03 PM
    No, that'd be 2 of 3 according to what I've read here with AT&T or VZW although I've personally not experienced with AT&T yet. T-Mobile did make a BE KEYone unusable for me by swapping out a tower from Band 4 to Band 66 or so it seems.

At the end of the day, I use carrier locked devices for the best optimization and support due to BlackBerry Limited support policies in their heyday.

I've never seen a benefit to a factory unlocked phone that offset the disadvantages with any USA carriers in the last 30 years.
    No, that's not right. You can run any phone with band support on Verizon and it will work. I regularly use unsupported phones like the Titan, OnePlus 7T Tmo, KEY2, and more on VZW. Lots of phones come across my desk and if they have the right bands I can always use them with VZW.

ATT is kicking users with unsupported IMEIs and locking accounts. No other carrier is doing this.

The benefit of using unlocked phones for me is variety of both device and price. Lots of people don't care about that but if you do ATT is currently the only US carrier actively rejecting your business.
    Last edited by robnhl; 04-04-21 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Clarify
    04-04-21 05:50 PM

The phone had other issues, while T Mobile is going to 66 that's for better coverage. We have multiple people with factory unlocked Keyones on T mobile no issues. They did have to push a small update to the phones other than that perfect.
    04-04-21 07:03 PM
    No, that's not right. You can run any phone with band support on Verizon and it will work. I regularly use unsupported phones like the Titan, OnePlus 7T Tmo, KEY2, and more on VZW. Lots of phones come across my desk and if they have the right bands I can always use them with VZW.

ATT is kicking users with unsupported IMEIs and locking accounts. No other carrier is doing this.

The benefit of using unlocked phones for me is variety of both device and price. Lots of people don't care about that but if you do ATT is currently the only US carrier actively rejecting your business.
    I've know folks with unsupported phone on VZW.... only getting some of the services that they should. Advance features like WiFi calling, Hotspots, Visual Voicemail or even regular voice mail were issues at some point. But VZW had/still has the best coverage so people stick with them.

AT&T is a successful business... I'm sure they are watching the numbers and know which customer they want, and which they don't. If they have to push a few outliers off their network, and give away a few phone to lock more favorable and profitable customers into contracts. So be it.

My guess is by the time T-Mobile get's their coverage equal in my area.... so will most of their rates and policies be.
    04-05-21 08:21 AM
    I've know folks with unsupported phone on VZW.... only getting some of the services that they should. Advance features like WiFi calling, Hotspots, Visual Voicemail or even regular voice mail were issues at some point. But VZW had/still has the best coverage so people stick with them.

AT&T is a successful business... I'm sure they are watching the numbers and know which customer they want, and which they don't. If they have to push a few outliers off their network, and give away a few phone to lock more favorable and profitable customers into contracts. So be it.

My guess is by the time T-Mobile get's their coverage equal in my area.... so will most of their rates and policies be.
    I don't think anyone is arguing that carriers don't and won't act in their own best interests but to say that right now all carriers are behaving the same isn't true. And that's where the pushback comes. ATT is currently openly hostile to non-carrier devices. The other carriers are not.
    04-05-21 08:27 AM
    I don't think anyone is arguing that carriers don't and won't act in their own best interests but to say that right now all carriers are behaving the same isn't true. And that's where the pushback comes. ATT is currently openly hostile to non-carrier devices. The other carriers are not.
    When we moved over to T Mobile i explained to the Corporate rep that we have a large number of unlocked devices, and that we will swap out a sim when an employee has a phone issue. No problem I was told and they are 100% right. Even my old Passport is welcome on network for now............
    04-06-21 12:05 PM
    VZW virtually pushed my old company into migrating a couple dozen Bolds from VZW to ATT. Late 2019. ATT welcomed and accommodated the old devices. Still working. No clue how long, tho. Lol.

Does TMo still do BIS?
    04-10-21 10:37 PM