Was disappointed to find out today that Sprint wasn't announced as one of the carriers for the Classic.

I love the Q10 but Sprint really needs a tri-band/Spark-capable BlackBerry. Is there anyone at Sprint that I can contact about this?

I'm already going to tweet to Sprint Care on Twitter. Got any other ideas?

Thanks

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-17-14 01:26 PM
    Seems like I'll be switching over to verizon.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 06:51 PM
    If you do tweet sprintcare(wow that is a misnomer for BlackBerry users) let us know what they say. About a week ago someone in the sprint.com forums asked about "new BlackBerry's" and was told by sprint care, what are you looking for in a phone, we have other phones that might "suit" your needs.

Leads me to believe sprint is going the way of TMO and getting rid of BlackBerry all together

12-18-14 07:58 AM
    Maybe I'm just eternally optimistic but if the Classic continues to sell the way it does then Sprint may almost have to be forced to "joining" the party. Albeit a smaller one, but certainly one that might be worth it to the company in order to continue clawing back market share from the other carriers.

Fortunately, I am more than pleased with the Q10 and will probably continue using it past my upgrade date.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 11:58 AM
    OP I had been pressuring sprint for the last 2 years, first it was about the Q10 arrival then the Z30 than about the passport and no good answer from the sprint REPS. I have written in the sprint website, sent emails, tweeted sprint care (even tweeted the new CEO), calls and nothing. I bought the Passport about a month ago and connected my phone with AT&T, first I was worried that I was not going to have unlimited data but I was completely wrong about this, in 10 days I only used 0.3 g of data. I live in Tx border town with Mexico and changing with AT&T has benefited me a lot. I have a very good plan 1 gig of data in Mexico, unlimited text and 1 cent per min calls calling to Mexico or being in Mexico. Lastly I would like to mention to you that the service is excellent. I know I sound like an AT&T sales rep, but no I am only trying for you not to keep waiting, I was like you for the past 2 years and it feels horrible that you can't get what you want.

Posted via CB10
    SparkBerryBold likes this.
    12-18-14 06:25 PM
    Well, I tweeted BlackBerryHelp and SprintCare. BlackBerryHelp's most helpful response was, "Hi [my twitter handle] Specific devices for Sprint will be available at a later date. Please let us know if you have any other questions." SprintCare didn't respond to that tweet, but they did to a previous one, saying that new devices are announced in their newsroom... :/
    12-27-14 09:32 PM
    Yeah sprint is always "late to the party". I remember a couple of years ago going to an exhibition and talking to a Sprint gov't sales rep about th Q10. His exact words to me were " the Q10 is being delayed a couple of months by sprint". When I posted that on here, everyone told me I was wrong, but lo and behold the Q10 came out on sprint 2 months later than everyone else.

As much as I don't want to go to another OS, and can't afford to buy a phone outright, I will most likely be going to an android phone in the next month or so.

I love BlackBerry, but is carriers won't support it, us consumers are either stuck carrier hopping or going to other OS's.

12-29-14 09:31 AM
    I just got my Q10 6 months ago. It was my upgrade from a Note2. I love this phone its so great! I also want to try the classic. I'm hoping by my next upgrade they will have it. I don't care for the iphone and I'm tired of android! So I'm hoping they will get some BlackBerry devices to choose from.

Posted from my Fabulous Q10
    01-05-15 10:06 PM
    sprint is a joke i left them years ago.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 04:27 AM
    Hogwash on that one. Sprint did not delay the release of the Q10 intentionally as some have been mentioning here for more than a year. There is no benefit of having stock of a certain device held at a warehouse for three months.

It has been known Blackberry had major issues with a certain supplier of components of the boards, as well as the supplier of the boards which were three months behind delivering to the assembling plant Blackberry used for the Q10 as they did not produce them on time. Yes, the Q10 was supposed to be offered around the same time Verizon and AT&T had them, but it was Blackberry's decision to push the release twice, and were close to do so a third time (moving it to the same time C Spire announced it).

Blackberry was very close to face litigation from Sprint/Softbank for breach of contract in regards to the Q10 delays.
    01-18-15 11:56 AM
    Nope the delay was all on sprint. I dealt with government sales and that is the word he gave me, because that is the word he was getting from his bosses.

dbq10 likes this.
    01-18-15 03:58 PM
    You guys keep forgetting that phones that come to sprint now have to have all the specified frequencies in it for all 3 bands of LTE plus the rural carrier agreements frequencies. If you want to know what I'm speaking off, go look at the frequency spec sheet for the LG g flex 2 and you will see what I mean. So it will take a little longer to arrive to Sprint.
    01-25-15 12:07 AM
    You were lied to, Jon. Government sales agents have zero knowledge of the reasons why the Q10 was delayed TWICE. Believe me when I say suppliers for the board themselves decided not to make them LTE Band 25, 26, 41, 12, and 17 ready from the start (these bands are used by Sprint and most of the CCA alliance). Why do you think the Q10 was not offered on regional CDMA carriers, and many Sprint based MVNOs until later on, circa October 2013 (when originally those were scheduled by those participating to be sold in August 2013?).

If you are believing the story by someone who has no connections with the product development and distribution lines at Sprint who "told you" Sprint was holding inventory of the Q10 for nearly three months, you need to realize delivery of new devices from.a manufacturer to a carrier only happens days before release date. That is why I say that story is pure hogwash, or simply something someone made up.

I still say crackberry should investigate this in proper form (and not resource to smear tactics used by some writers and editors at some of the sister sites under Mobile Nations) to get to the bottom of the issue, because the coincidence of longer waits for carriers using LTE bands 25, 12, and 19 (and most are on the CDMA side) is too obvious to fully ignore.

By the way, no carrier has officially announce a date for the Blackberry Classic, which leads to some concern, as either Blackberry is not interested in releasing it at all, or are they having an issue trying to make a version CTIA/FCC unlock agreement compliant which can be used on both GSM and CDMA networks participating (less than three weeks away from being fully implemented).
    01-28-15 11:38 AM