"On behalf of T-Mobile I want to offer my sincere apologies for the Sidekick data service disruption you have experienced. We recognize you were with out a significant amount of your personal content for an extended period of time while our partner, Microsoft, worked to recover this important data.

We sincerely apologize for the frustration and inconvenience you have experienced (or may still be experiencing) because of this incident. In recognition of these difficulties, and a gesture of our gratitude for you patience and loyalty to T-Mobile, I am enclosing a $50 T-Mobile Appreciation Card. This is in addition to the credit for one month of free data service that has already been applied to your account. It is our hope that you remain a loyal T-Mobile customer and that we will have the chance to demonstrate our sincere commitment to regaining your trust.

On behalf of T-Mobile, I want to again express our apologies for failing to provide the level of service you have come to expect from us. I assure you, we are working with our business partners on safeguards to help ensure that a disruption like this does not happen again..."

Surely wasn't expecting this, but I wouldn't expect it from any other carrier...

THANKS T-MOBILE (been with ya since the Voicestream days). About to go pick up my Blackberry charging pod and put the rest on my bill
    11-23-09 03:42 PM
    Not bad! A company that can admit fault!
    11-23-09 03:53 PM
    My sis told me about that she got that "deal" a month back or whenever that happened and got a G1. But I think she got $100 not $50.
    11-23-09 10:27 PM
    Haha...nice.

I figured a lot of Sidekick owners would be switching to BBs or Android by now anyway...
    11-23-09 11:03 PM
    i switched over to a berry at the start of the month when my sidekick became a very expensive brick......wonder if i will get one of those?
    11-23-09 11:07 PM
    Wowwww lucky baastards.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-09 11:19 PM
    I'm glad they have started sending those as planned. The whole SK issue was an absolute nightmare
    11-24-09 03:35 AM
    I haven't gotten anything yet. I hope I get it. I could sure use that to buy me another BB.

Does anyone know if I can I use that T-Mobile Appreciation Card to apply it to a new BB? I'd like to buy it retail and break it into four installments. I'm due for an upgrade in about seven months but I'm sure another BB would be out by then so I'd like to use my upgrade for that if possible.
    11-25-09 08:12 PM
    Not bad! A company that can admit fault!
    Fact check: it wasn't T-Mobile's fault, it was Danger/Microsofts' fault. T-Mobile took it on the chin for their incompetence.

11-25-09 08:35 PM
    You can use it for anything t-mobile. Just use it like a VISA credit card.

11-26-09 10:50 PM
    Fact check: it wasn't T-Mobile's fault, it was Danger/Microsofts' fault. T-Mobile took it on the chin for their incompetence.

Im aware of that. My point was its unusual to see ANY big corporation admit fault, especially when it wasnt directly theirs to start with.
    11-27-09 08:03 AM
    I remember hearing about that when it happened... I was just like I feel bad for all the SK owners, but at T-Mo is owning up to it and not sweeping it under the rug, granted not completely, but at they are doing something.
    11-28-09 12:30 AM
    Has anyone else that owns a Sidekick on their accounts got this $50 T-Mobile Appreciation Card yet? I haven't gotten anything yet but I'd like to know if everyone is getting it which I am sure it would only be fair that all Sidekick owners get one.
    11-29-09 06:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD