Does anyone have step-by-step instruction on how to properly use the device switch wizard (I am going from a 8310 to a 9700)? For example, do I leave the SIM in the 8310 when I start or put it in the 9700? I did a search, but did not find a detailed list of instructions.

Also, once I do the device switch, do I still need to go onto BIS to change the PIN and IMEI so my e-mail accounts switch over from the 8310 to the 9700?

Thanks.
    11-19-09 02:13 PM
    I recently did the exact thing you are doing. I left the SIM card in the 8310 and attached both the computer. Choose your old and new device and begin the switch. The software will switch all of your email, contacts, program, etc. After completing, some of the icons were arranged kind of funky in the 9700 but it was not a big deal. After doing so, I logged into my BIS account and changed the PIN and IMEI and everything worked fine without a hitch.

The only problem I encountered was in my contacts. The software would not copy groups, it only copied individual entries. I have several groups to send mass text messages too and had to manually recreate them.
    12-02-09 09:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD