Hello, I'm trying to decide if I should switch over to Verizon from Tmobile. I will be looking to use a Z30. Since the local stores don't have any BB's on display for me to test, I need some help on getting questions answered from the crackberry community those who have either a Z10 or preferably Z30.
    First is do you have the ability to talk and surf at the same time without being connected to wifi?
    Second, is there a limit to how many contacts you can have in a group sms chat? Currently with my Z30 on t-mobile, I can only reply to chats that have no more than 10 people in it. If I try to respond to a group message of more then 10 people the message doesn't go through and shows a red box next to my message instead of the check mark.
    Thanks to all that reply and help

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 05:56 AM
    Have a Verizon Z10, quite sure that groups are limited to 10. Never tested talk and surf at same time,
    but don't think you can multitask. Maybe someone else will pop in. Heavy user? May want to go with Z30.
    Battery time on Z10 isn't all that great.
    evan_2k likes this.
    08-21-14 07:00 AM
    Yes you can talk and surf at the same time as long as you are in a 4G coverage area. Voice is over 3G while data will be over 4G.

When verizon upgrades to voLTE you will still be able to do both at the same time because LTE can handle both. CDMA 3G can not do both compared to att's 3G.

Posted via CB10
    evan_2k likes this.
    08-21-14 11:21 AM
    Yes you can talk and surf at the same time as long as you are in a 4G coverage area. Voice is over 3G while data will be over 4G.

When verizon upgrades to voLTE you will still be able to do both at the same time because LTE can handle both. CDMA 3G can not do both compared to att's 3G.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the clarification. Also, when sending a group sms does it give you the option to select "reply all" so everyone would respond in the chat? I now this option was available on the bold 9930

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 11:32 AM
    Thanks for the clarification. Also, when sending a group sms does it give you the option to select "reply all" so everyone would respond in the chat? I now this option was available on the bold 9930

Posted via CB10
    If you initiate the group text, you can check a box to "enable group chat". The option appears after you add the second contact.
    evan_2k likes this.
    08-21-14 11:46 AM
    If you initiate the group text, you can check a box to "enable group chat". The option appears after you add the second contact.
    That's awesome, just what I wanted to hear. So this allows all replies to appear in the single chat instead of being individual?

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 12:38 PM
    That's awesome, just what I wanted to hear. So this allows all replies to appear in the single chat instead of being individual?
    Posted via CB10

Yes, and to be precise, it's "enable group conversation" and it switches to MMS mode (from sms). That may or may not matter to your recipients. I have unlimited texting either way.
    08-21-14 12:46 PM