So I have a 9700 on a Blackberry data plan. If I take the SIM card and put it into an android phone (Backflip), Windows Mobile, or Iphone will the phone and internet work, or will I need to have At&t swap the type of data plan I'm on?
    03-18-10 09:23 PM
    You will most likely have to have them swap the plan for you. Considering that Att just like verizon has their own data plans for blackberry's. I dont know how ATT's online account works but you might even be able to do it from there.
    Last edited by Crankey03; 03-18-10 at 09:41 PM.
    03-18-10 09:37 PM
    BB plan should work fine in the iPhone and other phones. I've read of people who have both the iPhone and a Blackberry and they just keep the BB data plan and switch SIMs whenever they want. It's not a really big deal because both plans cost the same so it's not like AT&T is losing money by you switching phones once in a while...
    03-18-10 11:01 PM
    Yea that's pretty much what I want to do with the backflip. I can't change the plan since its a work phone so Ill try it out and see how it works out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-10 07:36 AM
    visual voice mail will be a problem since there is a different version for the BB compared to the others. I'm not sure if each OS has it's own version or not.
    03-19-10 07:52 AM
    I am about to try to swap my sim from my iphone to 9700 and switch to a bberry data. I hope I dont have to call att or do this everytime I want to Swap. I don't want a 2nd line on ATT because I also have a Tour on Sprint.
    03-23-10 09:10 AM
    APN Changer <<< This should help. Someone sent this to me on Twitter
    03-26-10 12:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD