I have had a few issues lately and I was hopping someone could shed some light. I have been dropping calles in placed I have nerver dropped before, and yesturday I received 11 emails at one time, that I have already received, a week ago, I have only had this a year and never had an isue but then within the last week or two I have these. I am on 4.5.0.77 thanx

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 05:50 AM
    What have you tried so far? Sounds like a network issue I would try *228, and a batt pull if you haven't already. Normally when emails are coming through in such large quantities all at once the email address may need to be validated in the bis... I would try those things out.
    07-21-09 07:16 AM
    I'd lean more toward the radio failing. BlackBerrys of late have been buggy out of the box (InfoSync backs this) and seem t get worse with age.

I have had to replace several Curves & Bolds - even testers - because of radio issues. The signal rendering capability seems to lose strength & consistency and I have witnessed exactly the symptoms you are describing.

07-21-09 08:43 AM
    I'd lean more toward the radio failing. BlackBerrys of late have been buggy out of the box (InfoSync backs this) and seem t get worse with age.

I have had to replace several Curves & Bolds - even testers - because of radio issues. The signal rendering capability seems to lose strength & consistency and I have witnessed exactly the symptoms you are describing.

Quick question, When the radio starts to fail like you're describing does the BB say radio off? Or does it just start to drop calls, not able to connect errors etc...
    07-21-09 08:59 AM
    I live in extended so I have not hit *228, many batt. Pulls, it is random, I never loose data in the same location I drop calls

07-21-09 09:31 AM
    Quick question, When the radio starts to fail like you're describing does the BB say radio off? Or does it just start to drop calls, not able to connect errors etc...
    It doesn't indicate anything, usually. The radio stays on, but drops off power. Think of it like a volume control on your car radio - you can vary it up or down, while not turning it off.

Sometimes you can stand still & watch your signal indicator go from 5 bars to zero or one. Many blame it on the network - any network - but unless you have a second device next to it doing the same thing, how can you really tell? You can't.

Sudden signal drops can happen on GSM during a tower handoff - these can be frequent, even. Yet unless you're always between towers, it won't happen on GSM while you're stationary. CDMA is much better with tower handoffs, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Since I carry multiple devices with different operating systems, I can tell you it isn't the network.

07-21-09 10:00 AM
    It doesn't indicate anything, usually. The radio stays on, but drops off power. Think of it like a volume control on your car radio - you can vary it up or down, while not turning it off.

Sometimes you can stand still & watch your signal indicator go from 5 bars to zero or one. Many blame it on the network - any network - but unless you have a second device next to it doing the same thing, how can you really tell? You can't.

Sudden signal drops can happen on GSM during a tower handoff - these can be frequent, even. Yet unless you're always between towers, it won't happen on GSM while you're stationary. CDMA is much better with tower handoffs, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Since I carry multiple devices with different operating systems, I can tell you it isn't the network.

ah ok thanks for the reply i see what you're sayin
    07-21-09 10:09 AM
    ah ok thanks for the reply i see what you're sayin
    Sure thing - it is almost like the guy in front of you in the checkout line. You can't tell he has an irregular heartbeat unless you hooked him up to a heart monitor. But he is still standing - hopefully at least until you're out of the parking lot.

07-21-09 04:20 PM
    Thabks for helping that dude Twin. A lot of your advice has helped me out over the last few months.
    I'm having the same problem(among several other) as the OP, but I'm canceling. Just wanted to say thanks.

07-22-09 03:28 AM
    I figured out my email issue, when I got home I checked my email and I received 350 ish email at the same time, so it is not an issue with my curve the dropping calls though I haven't figured out yet

07-22-09 05:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD