Twice I went to Serbia (I live in Massachusettes,USA) and each time I took out the $20:00 per month plan that was guaranteed to get me web and email in Serbia. It did NOT work either time. I could see the major networks there but could not attach. The first time there I call tech support and they could not help. There were plenty of hot spots so I could use my wifi on my 8320 to connect while in Belgrade but not over the air connection. Then I went further south of Belgrade and no hot spots but I could see the three of so major over the air providers with my BB but could not connect. Came back the second time from Serbia and the local TMobile said that "they" did everything correct (to enable this $20 feature for overseas web/email) so it must have been a problem in Serbia!! Anyway, today I called customer service and was told that they thought the problem was that I did not have "International Permissions" ( which is free but ya gotta have at least the minimum phone plan (300 minutes at $29.99) which I do not). I just have the Data plan ($39.99) over here so I can connect anywhere (almost) with web or email. Any one else have a similar problem? I will try one more time when I go to Serbia in November at which time I will also get the 300 minute plan as well as the free "International Permissions" plan.
    09-25-09 11:44 AM
    When you say "Guaranteed In Serbia" are you just making an assumption or were you told that by a rep who wasn't doing their job and didnt check properly whether or not the international coverage extended that far?
    09-30-09 12:15 AM
    the OP has everything set to go. Did u check which carriers Tmobile has a roaming agreement with?
    09-30-09 12:26 AM
    "Guaranteed in Serbia" was what the Tmobile rep told me.
    And no, I did not check which carriers Tmobile has a roaming agreement with. I did not even think of asking this question either.
    The rep "seemed" to be doing his job. He checked the maps for Serbia coverage and then called the support line to activate the feature I would need over seas. But for sure, this next time I go to Serbia I will ask that question.
    09-30-09 08:23 AM
    "Guaranteed in Serbia" was what the Tmobile rep told me.
    And no, I did not check which carriers Tmobile has a roaming agreement with. I did not even think of asking this question either.
    The rep "seemed" to be doing his job. He checked the maps for Serbia coverage and then called the support line to activate the feature I would need over seas. But for sure, this next time I go to Serbia I will ask that question.
    yeah check which carrier T-mobile has roaming agreements with. you could check it online, so next time when youre in serbia you know which carrier to connect to
    09-30-09 10:04 AM
    According to T-Mobile USA's website, they have two roaming partners in Serbia but of those, only Telekom Srbjia has data coverage.

Unsupported Browser
    09-30-09 04:18 PM
    Mattglobal- thanks for the roaming partner info for Serbia.
    09-30-09 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD