Hey guys,

Check it out!!! The blackberry curve 8330 is available on the blackberry website. And it looks like the only carrier they have on there right now is Verizon.
    03-31-08 12:06 PM
    Yea I just looked at it I am so excited!
    03-31-08 12:10 PM
    You know...I always said that that spot on the page looked like it was reserved for something else.
    03-31-08 12:13 PM
    The Verizon store are not receiving any new 8830 as stock, if you want one they'll have to order it for you.
    04-01-08 02:52 PM
    Woot Woot

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-08 06:32 PM
    Hey guys,

Check it out!!! The blackberry curve 8330 is available on the blackberry website. And it looks like the only carrier they have on there right now is Verizon.
    it's not available...it just is up on the site and it links to verizon's site. but it is not on verizons site that i can tell. it's not available until may.
    04-01-08 08:04 PM
    Yeah it's not on the verizon site yet. It appears that the ball is in motion
    just wish they announce a date already. This is wores than waiting for that new hot movie to drop!
    04-02-08 06:12 AM
    Spoke to the Manager at the Verizon store in my neck of the woods, about the changing out my 8830 for a Curve when it's available and what it'll cost. He kinda hinted that he may be able to swap out my 8830 (had it since Dec) for a Curve at no additional cost. Now that sound like a good deal if he could swing it at no additional cost.
    04-02-08 12:22 PM
    i have been having problems with my 8830..dropped calls...phone freezing. i have a call ticket in now to tech support. i am hoping, since the 8830 is under warrenty and this is the second phone i have had...they will let me replace it with a curve.
    04-02-08 12:29 PM
    I have been looking at the 8330 features and benefits and I have discovered two features are missing:
    1) No Wi-Fi
    2) No World Edition (removable sim card)

So other than it being a "curve" how is this better than the Pearl?

If I am misreading please let me know.
    04-02-08 06:58 PM
    I have been looking at the 8330 features and benefits and I have discovered two features are missing:
    1) No Wi-Fi

It's an option. Personal preference will dictate whether or not you think it is "better". People like the idea of a QWERTY keyboard over Suretype. Shape, size and styling are up to you. But you got to figure that since it is newer on CDMA networks there are going to be some improvements that may not be advertised, but fix issues you don't even know about.

Like the fact that they added more memory to the device. Though you probably can't have direct access to it, that may be alleviating some sort of performance issue on the CDMA network. The Pearl has the standard 64mb when the CDMA Curve has 96mb. So something is going on there.

But as for "better", only you can determine that for yourself.
    04-02-08 07:10 PM
    1) No Wi-Fi

Wifi isn't "missing". Wifi isn't an option on any of the CDMA Curve series, however, you get GPS instead. And World Edition isn't "missing", again, none of the CDMA Curve series were meant to be a World Edition phone. Just as the 8310 has built in GPS, and no wifi, the 8330 has built-in GPS, and no wifi. Just as the 8320 has built in wifi, and no built in gps. It's either one or the other.
    Last edited by briankeith513; 04-02-08 at 10:09 PM.
    04-02-08 07:21 PM
    The 8830 does not have WiFi...
    04-02-08 09:37 PM
    where do you all come up with your info? if you don't know what you are talking about, what i the point of posting? i have a 8830 we and it definitely does not have wi-fi. people come to these sites to get info and it's disappointing how many times i come on this site and people just out-right lie about stuff.
    04-02-08 09:45 PM
    The 8830 does not have WiFi...
    I stand corrected, the 8830, again has gps rather than wifi. So again, it's one or the other. First phone to have both will be the 9000.
    04-02-08 09:46 PM
    where do you all come up with your info? if you don't know what you are talking about, what i the point of posting? i have a 8830 we and it definitely does not have wi-fi. people come to these sites to get info and it's disappointing how many times i come on this site and people just out-right lie about stuff.
    Dude, chill the f***out. I made a mistake, the 8800 series for GSM has wifi. The 8830, has GPS instead. The point that I was making, is that some blackberry models were designed to have gps, and others wifi, and not both. That's the only mistake that I made in my post, and it was corrected, and admitted by me.
    04-02-08 10:00 PM
    Spoke to the Manager at the Verizon store in my neck of the woods, about the changing out my 8830 for a Curve when it's available and what it'll cost. He kinda hinted that he may be able to swap out my 8830 (had it since Dec) for a Curve at no additional cost. Now that sound like a good deal if he could swing it at no additional cost.
    I currently have a 8130 Pearl that I purchased in December and want the 8330 when it hits the stores. Since my contract is already renewed, I called Verizon to ask what my options were to see if I can purchase the curve at the contract price rather than retail. The customer service rep told me to ask for the manager of the store at that time to see what they can do regarding a discount. Does anyone have further advice they can give on what I can do once the phones go on sale?
    04-05-08 12:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD