I have 2 main questions before making the switch to alltel

Can you send and receive pictures messages on the Curve?

I have read so many posts that say you can't and others that say you can't mms on pearls.

The second question: Can you download the free ringtones from crackberry and other sites on the phone, or do you really have to pay for ringtones.

The reason I ask this is because I have read a couple of posts that state alltel doesn't allow you to download mp3 ringtones only ones that are purchased from them directly or from Bplay!

Thanks for all your help
    05-31-08 09:41 AM
    Yes, you can send & receive pictures as MMS on Curves.

You can send video as an mms on a Curve - receiving videos is being worked on.

Pearls can send pictures as attachments via email, but not as mms...this too is being worked on - the solution is being tested.

Ringtones: I use mp3 clips I have edited on 3rd party applications on my computer and put the resulting clips on my Curve and am able to use them as ringtones.

On non-BB phones, Alltel & other providers for that matter are restricting what can be used as ringtones to only those purchased via their partner sources for copyright issues among other concerns.
    Last edited by kch50428; 05-31-08 at 10:06 AM.
    05-31-08 10:04 AM
    thanks for your reply. i usually get ringtones from crackberry now and other sources and send them as an email attachment.

i just wanted to make sure cuz one of the posts on here says alltel won't let you do that!

Not sure what the person was talking about then
    05-31-08 10:12 AM
    Just download ''mp3 to ringtone gold'' That will let you cut up any song and any part of a song and load it from your pc....So easy anyone could do it : ) And to that someone who was saying "alltel is working on that" LOL If it is an issue for you dont count on alltel fixing it anytime soon. Ive been waiting on mms since feb. And they said "it will be soon"(that was in feb.)
    05-31-08 05:01 PM
    And to that someone who was saying "alltel is working on that"

Care for some cheese with the whine? The song is getting old....skip to the next one please.
    06-01-08 06:36 AM
    I drive a well-dressed 8830 on Alltel and pull my free ring tones from the web. PM me for the site address.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-08 11:33 AM
    I have an 8330 from Alltel and I use the ringtones from this site just fine...I also have added some custom ringtones from other friends who have shared them with me.
    06-22-08 11:06 PM
    I have the curve and can send and recieve pics and vids. So, you should be ok now.

Alltel is great to. I haven't had one problem with them.
    06-24-08 01:31 PM
    I have the curve and can send and recieve pics and vids. So, you should be ok now.

Alltel is great to. I haven't had one problem with them.
    Huh? I'm a little confused here. Just to clarify - You have a Alltel 8330 and can send / receive MMS picture messages to Alltel and other carrier phones?
    06-25-08 09:19 AM
    Yes, I have the new Curve on the Alltel network. And I can send and recieve through all carriers.
    06-25-08 11:16 AM
    Is the Curve the only BB able to send and receive MMS messages on the Alltel network?
    06-27-08 09:07 AM
    The curve is the only BB that can mms.
    My fianc� dumped her pearl due to its multiple problems so she got the curve. I have been able to better deal with the issues so I still have my pearl.
    The keyboard and SureType functionality make the pearl more text friendly IMHO. But, she can send/receive pictures, I still can't.

06-27-08 02:03 PM
    Does anyone know how to access the memory card besides through the media icon?
    I would like to store and view different types of text files....if possible.

07-05-08 08:55 AM
    You know, I have been looking for a godo memory card myself. I really want to start videoing with my Curve.

The pics are great, so the vids have to be good as well
    07-05-08 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD