am i the onl person who is confused about the Curve2 the sales rep at the sprint store told me that it should be here by the 20th

while we are at it i would like to know what the rest of team BLACKBERRY is thinking about the Curve2... like it? hate it? pass on it? or cant wait for it?
    11-28-09 09:49 PM
    I really like my curve. And don't care for the tour, pre, or pixie. That being said, it'll be a curve with a touchpad, wifi and OS 5.0, all features worth having.

I'm in for one, if they can get it out this year. Otherwise I may just replace my 8330 for free, and wait til next december to upgrade to the curve 2.
    11-28-09 10:56 PM
    Too bad the new curve looks nasty. Looks like a childs toy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-09 12:54 AM
    I agree the new curve is a very ugly device. Yes it has wifi a trackpad and 5.0 os but it looks like the cheapest blackberry ever made.

Someone posted here their auto response from sprint saying that the curve2 shall be out march 10th.
    I personally don't think it will take that long because that's after the rumored time frame of the Essex release.

11-29-09 01:39 AM
    Yeah and I have read December 9th, January 7th and 12th, and March 2010....hello Sprint. When is the release date? Makes me want to go by the iPhone.
    12-01-09 08:21 PM
    I agree the new curve is a very ugly device. Yes it has wifi a trackpad and 5.0 os but it looks like the cheapest blackberry ever made.

Someone posted here their auto response from sprint saying that the curve2 shall be out march 10th.
    I personally don't think it will take that long because that's after the rumored time frame of the Essex release.

I agree that it does look kind of cheap, but I think the cheapest looking Blackberry is the pearl flip.

Me personally I can wait for the tour 2.
    12-01-09 08:37 PM
    Curve2 will not have a flash...whereas the Curve 8330 does...
    12-02-09 08:04 AM
    Curve2 will not have a flash...whereas the Curve 8330 does...
    old news, im waiting for the 9100 pearl for sprint.
    12-02-09 12:21 PM
    I saw one for the first time today and I agree. I thought it looked cheap. That was my first impression.

Why is it that when we get things we like (wifi, trackpad), there is often something that is taken away (in this case, the cheap look of the curve 2)?
    12-04-09 05:58 PM
    The curve 2 looks cheap because its ment to be a cheaper end blackberry for people that dont want to spend top dollar for a smart phone
    12-04-09 06:13 PM
    Worst Blackberry Ive owned hands down. I upgraded from an 8330 in hopes that the new OS would bring a better browser. That, along with the Wifi swayed me into the upgrade.
    The first Curve2 had a "rattling" speaker, so it had to be returned. The second Curve2, took well over 12 hours to start RECEIVING calls, and getting my email. There is a delay in the screen re-paint when you end every call.
    The wifi is not smart enough to choose the strongest of multiple access points. And WORST of all... the phone REBOOTS every time you plug it into the wall or laptop.
    In reference to previous statements about the phone feeling cheap, I can attest to that. The 8330 I had is much more "sturdy". The curve2 is lighter, and has a cheap plastic feel to it. The buttons on the curve2 are smaller, with less tactile feedback. The integration of the answer, BB, back and hangup into the display face is terrible. You have to press significantly harder to activate those functions, and uncomfortable when not looking. Which leads back to the plastic feel; you feel like your going to break it when you answer or end a call. The 8330 had "rockers" just right and left of the trackball that made this more ergonomic. The curve2 goes back today, and Im re-activating my 8330 until Verizon wakes up and gets some nicer BB's like AT&T has.
    Here endeth the rant.

kpsvolition
    12-17-09 11:40 AM
    If you want better browsing, the 8530 makes no sense anyways. Screen resolution matters insanely when it comes to browsing, not to mention Wifi as a backup in low signal areas and for faster speed.
    12-17-09 02:30 PM
    I myself don't like the curve 2 feels to cheap.
    I wouldn't upgrade to this but I would wait for the essex but what I would really like to upgrade to is the BOLD!! But for some reason sprint doesn't have it in its line up...
    12-17-09 04:24 PM
    This is why the I Phone is the way to go... Hands down the best smart phone out there....
    12-17-09 04:44 PM
    iPhone is the best way to go because the Curve 2 release date confusion?

That makes sense...
    12-17-09 04:49 PM
    this is why the i phone is the way to go... Hands down the best smart phone out there....
    the iphoney is smart, i just thought it was a no go show boat, this quote says it the best and i forgot who posted it, and for that i appologize,

" the iphone is like a model, pretty to look at, but not very functional"
    12-17-09 04:55 PM
    I played with Verizon's curve 2 the other day when my girl was upgrading her phone, let me tell ya it feels and looks cheaper looking than the current 8330, and i don't think the Sprint version curve 2 is going to be any better. I'm holding on to my curve 8330 and pearl, and waiting for the release of the 9100 pearl.
    12-17-09 08:35 PM
    The tour is a great phone.. I just dont wanna waste my upgrade on the tour now, when all I hear is a new one with wifi is coming out soon.... decisions decisions....
    12-18-09 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD