Hello everyone,

I've got a question about SIM cards and the Blackberry Storm. I'm currently on Bell, and currently have a plain old Storm 1. I was wondering, if I were to say, purchase an unlocked Bold 9700, would I be able to put the SIM card from the CDMA Storm into it and have everything be all great?

I'm currently contemplating getting either the new Bold, or maybe even the new Google Nexus One (I know... blasphemy ) if it works up here, but I wanted to know if it was an unlocked phone if I could just drop my SIM card in, and continue using my voice and data plan.

I've been reading around other forums trying to find the answer to this question, and I was seeing a lot of maybes. So I don't know. I was reading that I might need an HSPA SIM card, and possibly would have to re-sign a contract? Is this true? Will Bell just give out an HSPA SIM card for a 1 time costs for situations like this? I have a pretty kick *** plan under contract right now, and would hate to give it up...

Thanks!!
    01-05-10 02:14 PM
    The SIM from your Storm will not work on the HSPA network. You would have to purchase a SIM from Bell for the new network. You can get 1 at a Bell store and that wouldn't require you to extend your contract. Price plans and features would be compatible with the 9700. If you get a non BB, you would have to change the data plan portion to a compatible feature.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-10 10:36 PM
    Hello everyone,

I've got a question about SIM cards and the Blackberry Storm. I'm currently on Bell, and currently have a plain old Storm 1. I was wondering, if I were to say, purchase an unlocked Bold 9700, would I be able to put the SIM card from the CDMA Storm into it and have everything be all great?

I'm currently contemplating getting either the new Bold, or maybe even the new Google Nexus One (I know... blasphemy ) if it works up here, but I wanted to know if it was an unlocked phone if I could just drop my SIM card in, and continue using my voice and data plan.

I've been reading around other forums trying to find the answer to this question, and I was seeing a lot of maybes. So I don't know. I was reading that I might need an HSPA SIM card, and possibly would have to re-sign a contract? Is this true? Will Bell just give out an HSPA SIM card for a 1 time costs for situations like this? I have a pretty kick *** plan under contract right now, and would hate to give it up...

Thanks!!
    If you don't want to be locked into contract or if in a current contract and don't want to extend just buy a Bold 9700 outright and take it to Bell Store and pay $5.00 for SIM card.
    01-09-10 10:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD