Haha I just bought an Unlocked Bold from a member on this site (B/S/T) and I bought all the parts to black it from dealsishop.

I'm going to test it for this weekend and see if which I prefer and sell the other. I dl'd/uploaded the service book from anworm's site and now I have full use of the browser (OTA works fine) and for some reason my MMS works fine. I just set the APN to wap.voicestream.com.

I'll give it till this weekend and see if I'll keep the bold.

Ohh that makes sense! Yes, I would keep trying.

What I did was say that a "friend" of mine has Tmo with a BB and he has this same deal. Also say money is tight and you just want to save a few bucks. Calling Retentions is also the best dept for this as they can help you the most.

Good luck!!!
    07-29-09 05:17 PM
    The 19.99 plan is the Blackberry Internet plan. It includes unlimited data and email.
    So this isn't a deal but the normal price, correct?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 09:20 PM
    So this isn't a deal but the normal price, correct?

No, you have call Retentions and ask for it. It's grandfathered now.
    07-29-09 11:51 PM
    No, you have call Retentions and ask for it. It's grandfathered now.
    So, this deal is no more to those that don't have it yet?
    07-30-09 04:13 AM
    Haha 7 calls to Retentions and nothing. I'm pretty sure notes are on my account to never add this feature.
    07-30-09 09:37 AM
    I am not a Customer and they offered the unlimited to me on my first call. They do say approach is half the battle!

07-30-09 04:53 PM
    It just takes a few tries and being polite and it works. Don't give up.

I got my 19.99 and 9.99 txt just yesterday so it def can be done.

07-30-09 05:09 PM

Do you just use the whole "I'm thinking of cancelling" bit to get to retention?
    07-31-09 11:59 AM
    Do you just use the whole "I'm thinking of cancelling" bit to get to retention?
    No, I said money was tight and I know a friend with tmo who got the same plan recently and I want in too.

I haven't used the "I'm cancelling" reason for anything. Not even for getting the Loyalty Plan in Feb.

07-31-09 12:07 PM
    Get to the Customer Loyalty agent. We got $49.99 unlimited mins, plus offered the data plan for $19.99. The savings on the data plan is not that big of a deal, but the calling plan is a good deal, compared to ATT, since we can use as many minutes as we want and call anyone on any (US) network, cell or landline.
    07-31-09 12:16 PM
    It just takes a few tries and being polite and it works. Don't give up.

My contract up for renewal in January 2010. Do you think it would be possible to get the $9.99 texting now?

08-01-09 12:15 AM
    My contract up for renewal in January 2010. Do you think it would be possible to get the $9.99 texting now?

Why not? I got the 9.99 text plan now and I'm sure you can too.

Contract length doesn't seem to mean much here. My contract ends in Jan '11.
    08-01-09 12:43 AM
    Why not? I got the 9.99 text plan now and I'm sure you can too.

Contract length doesn't seem to mean much here. My contract ends in Jan '11.
    Cool. What is the code? Do I need a code or can I just ask for the $9.99 text deal? When calling tmo, do I just ask for retention or just customer rep?

08-01-09 12:04 PM
    I got the 9.99 texting a month after signing another 2 year contract, and after being with t-mo for over 8 years.
    08-01-09 01:31 PM
    Cool. What is the code? Do I need a code or can I just ask for the $9.99 text deal? When calling tmo, do I just ask for retention or just customer rep?

I went through Retentions. The SOC code is FTMSG999. I didn't need to give it but you may need to.
    I've only been with tmo since April 08. I think someone else in this thread has done the same as me and was able to get it. It def can be done so don't give up hope!

08-01-09 01:59 PM
    Get to the Customer Loyalty agent. We got $49.99 unlimited mins, plus offered the data plan for $19.99. The savings on the data plan is not that big of a deal, but the calling plan is a good deal, compared to ATT, since we can use as many minutes as we want and call anyone on any (US) network, cell or landline.
    what are the qualifications for this? ive been with tmo for 2.5 yrs and ive never missed a payment. do you think i qualify?
    08-03-09 01:36 PM
    I have the family 9.99 texting and the 19.99 BB plan which they added a few months ago with no problem. I just added on the loyalty plan for 3 lines; they did take away my corporate discount which I did not think was right but I will wait a bit and then fight that battle. I was also able to drop the hotspot at home 9.99 charge since I am unlmited but I can still use UMA. So I will have pay $20 more than I was paying but have unlimited calls, texting and BB service. If the discount was honored, I would only be up about $8 dollars. Still a good deal for me. My family uses the phone a lot
    08-03-09 01:59 PM
    I have the family 9.99 texting and the 19.99 BB plan which they added a few months ago with no problem. I just added on the loyalty plan for 3 lines; they did take away my corporate discount which I did not think was right but I will wait a bit and then fight that battle. I was also able to drop the hotspot at home 9.99 charge since I am unlmited but I can still use UMA. So I will have pay $20 more than I was paying but have unlimited calls, texting and BB service. If the discount was honored, I would only be up about $8 dollars. Still a good deal for me. My family uses the phone a lot

if you get the right person... you can get the corp discount with loyalty>

I have it!
    08-04-09 12:15 PM
    I'm sure you can get a discount with loyalty. However, I added the discount BEFORE I got loyalty but the discount is still working so I'm not sure.

As long as you get the right rep, you can do pretty much anything.

08-04-09 01:55 PM
    So is it true that the $19.99 data plan is no longer possible, even grandfathered? I had 3 different reps tell me that. Along with a 10 month minimum to be sent to retentions. Anyone know for a fact that this is all BS?

08-05-09 07:09 PM
    So is it true that the $19.99 data plan is no longer possible, even grandfathered? I had 3 different reps tell me that. Along with a 10 month minimum to be sent to retentions. Anyone know for a fact that this is all BS?

Yes, this is BS. I got this plan last week. You just have to find the right rep who will give it to you, that's all.
    08-05-09 07:26 PM
    Thanks. Damn. Thought so. Okay ... Guess I'll keep on trying.

08-06-09 12:07 AM
    Well, now I"m told that the only way I can get the $19.99 unlimited data plan is to provide at least one number of someone who received the grandfathered rate. What BS ... this alone is making me want to switch back to Verizon ... at least they never gave me the runaround.
    08-14-09 02:31 AM
    That is total BS!

Are you going through Retentions each time?
    08-14-09 09:58 AM
    4 calls no go wtf i am really tight on money these days
    08-15-09 04:58 PM
114 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD