I've been hearing other people's conversations either when calling my girlfriend or when she calls me. I've had the latest 9700 OS for about a month now but it just started happening yesterday.

I remember reading an article stating that 9700 OSes are not created equal since T-Mo uses a different frequency band. Do you think this could be the issue? Ever heard of this happening before?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-10 07:38 PM
    So you're hearing other people talk on your phone other than your girlfriend..?
    03-01-10 10:23 PM
    Yes but they can't hear me. And I can't hear the person they're talking to.

03-02-10 05:05 AM
    this happened to me a month ago on my iphone. hasnt happened on my bb tho. me and another guy with a iphone cross paths both having convo's and i could hear everything he was saying on his phone. crazy
    03-02-10 05:22 AM
    That's so weird lol.

03-02-10 11:40 AM
    Wow, that's really strange. I'd think I was going nutz if it was me.
    03-02-10 11:44 AM
    had that issue with my 8120 a few times. When I called my wife from out of state, I would occasionally hear someone speaking in spanish and sometimes chinese. Was not a big deal as a real dial took care of it and it only happened 3-4 times.
    03-02-10 12:15 PM
    That's really, really strange. Crosstalk used to happen either because analog radio transmissions "splattered" and overlapped each other (kind of like how old cordless phones could sometimes 'cross lines' and listen in to each other) or because of improper setup of the hard-wired connections, which arguably is still stray RF but in another form. Long story short, having this happen with today's digital technology strikes me as just weird.

I have a 9700 on T-Mobile as well. I never get cross-talk, but every once in a while I do sometimes hear an echo of myself. I'm pretty darn sure that neither problem is our phones themselves... they're just playing back the audio that is sent to them from the tower. Most likely, something's messed up somewhere in the middle, and probably every situation is different; air-to-landline connections, Bluetooth earpiece glitches, or simply the carrier is having problems somewhere. It's all computer controlled these days, so I suppose all it would take is having a faulty or badly grounded controller card to cause audio issues.
    03-02-10 02:32 PM
    OMG i had the same experience today!!! I was at Walmart and i called my mom and when she picked up, I swear I heard another conversation going on behind her although she was alone and then the voice kept getting louder. I could tell it was a male and my mom's voice just went away. I hanged up and called again, and the same thing occured: my mom picked up , but i heard her minimum and another coversation going on. I hanged up and called again and this time it was just my mom. She had no clue what i was talking about when i told what just happened.
    03-02-10 09:37 PM
    I had something similar happening pretty frequently about a month ago. I have a 9700 on T-Mobile. It only happened while talking to someone with an iPhone on AT&T. But instead of clearly hearing one crossover conversation - I would hear a snippet of someone else's voice for a half second or less. Then 10 to 30 seconds later I'd get another snippet - often of a new voice. This would go on the length of the call (which would often drop). The other party (on the iPhone) never heard the voices.

03-02-10 09:59 PM
    This same thing JUST happened to me not 10 minutes ago. I use a Blackberry Pearl (8120) and I was on the phone with my girlfriend and everything was fine until about 30 seconds into the call, everytime she talked I could hear like 4 or 5 other people talking at once. I tried to pick out what one of the people was saying, but it was really loud and like I said it was like 5 people at once. She hung up and called back and then everything was fine, but I had just woken up and it scared the **** out of me lol
    03-06-10 06:11 PM
    Same here. In the last couple weeks, I've noticed one specific spot on the UNLV campus where I get two or three other conversations spliced in with mine as I walk. Never had crosstalk before. Also, it's not a 9700. It happens on my Storm, my 9000, and my 8900. Very strange
    03-12-10 02:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD