Rear covers are available that have the AT&T symbol on them. The phone is a bit harder to come by.
    03-08-16 12:14 PM
    Rear covers are available that have the AT&T symbol on them. The phone is a bit harder to come by.
    Agreed, hard to fake the default splash screen.
    03-08-16 12:38 PM
    Splash screen is SIM controlled. Without a SIM card, I don't think there's a carrier splash screen shown.
    03-08-16 12:42 PM
    My Verizon -3 also shows AT&T. It 'useta could' show Verizon when I first got it. I don't recall if I had a SIM card in it or not at the time.
    03-08-16 12:50 PM
    My Verizon -3 also shows AT&T
    But you have an AT&T SIM card in it now, right? That's what I meant--the SIM card in the phone determines the splash screen. Unless you try a different carrier's SIM card in a SIM locked phnoe. Then I have no idea whose splash screen is displayed.
    03-08-16 12:54 PM
    Rano, I'm using it on an AT&T MVNO. When I installed the OS that's now on it, it booted to to the Verizon logo. I'm almost sure I didn't have a SIM card in it. Only when I put my SIM in it did it boot to the AT&T logo.

This particular phone is a pre-production model initially used in the states on Verizion. In it's later life it was used in Canada on Rogers.

Last edited by Rustybronco; 03-08-16 at 07:04 PM.
    raino likes this.
    03-08-16 01:20 PM
    No SIM card. I'm still using my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-16 07:18 PM
    Does anyone have any experiences with using a Q10 with Cricket?

Posted via CB10
    07-21-16 09:22 PM
    Does anyone have any experiences with using a Q10 with Cricket?
    Yes. My wife and I both had our Q10s on Cricket.

Make certain that the particular model of Q10 you get is a GSM model. Ideally, the unlocked model from Shop.blackberry.com is the one to use because it would receive software updates directly from Blackberry. The next preferred model is the AT&T-branded model, which also works with Cricket's LTE bands but would receive software updates much less frequently, if at all.
    07-22-16 09:26 PM
    Thanks. I've just signed up with them and so far no problems with either the phone or data services.

Posted via CB10
    ZayDub likes this.
    07-27-16 03:32 PM
    I have a Z10 yes its an at&t model but it works fine

Posted via CB10
    05-03-17 05:15 PM
    IMEI's from BB10 devices are no longer listed as compatible with Cricket Wireless. However, the same IMEI is listed as compatible on the AT&T network. Is this a sign of what's coming from AT&T? I moved my Z10 to Cricket last November and just picked up a Z30 (both are AT&T branded). The Z30 can't be moved to Cricket as they won't accept the IMEI...
    I realize the post is 4yrs old. However, as a Cricket / Blackberry user I have extensive knowledge of this.

Cricket did switch most everything over from CDMA over to GSM. This I'm sure you know by now. They actually do still have a few hold outs employees have told me, but most everything is CDMA now.

Long as the BlackBerry you buy is UNLOCKED and is in a GSM format it will work on the cricket network without issue.

I've gotten my passport and classic both to work on it no issue. Even now, I can take my SIM card out of my KEYone and put it into the passport no issues.

Only issue is no BIS support it doesn't look like, but I'm ok with that as I've never had a use for it.
    Stacey Cohorst likes this.
    09-24-19 04:34 PM
    I realize the post is 4yrs old. However, as a Cricket / Blackberry user I have extensive knowledge of this.

Cricket did switch most everything over from CDMA over to GSM. This I'm sure you know by now. They actually do still have a few hold outs employees have told me, but most everything is CDMA now.

Long as the BlackBerry you buy is UNLOCKED and is in a GSM format it will work on the cricket network without issue.

I've gotten my passport and classic both to work on it no issue. Even now, I can take my SIM card out of my KEYone and put it into the passport no issues.

Only issue is no BIS support it doesn't look like, but I'm ok with that as I've never had a use for it.
    Bis is not required for bb10 devices anyways!

Posted via CB10
    09-24-19 05:40 PM
38 12