I WANT MY TWO DOLLARS!! Or I'm paying the ETF and going to East But(t) Munch Cellular. Please....
    12-23-09 03:00 PM
    Has anyone tried to get credit for the two outage days? I just called and asked for credit and the rep started to read off my KB usage. I asked her what that has to do with not being able to use my data for two days. She said will it looks like you are getting good usage out of your data plan. She finally gave me credit as a one time thing.

Shouldn't we get credit for our data plan if there isn't data service?
    First off - the credit would be for $2 and would cost you more in wasted time to claim it.

Second - it was out of the control of VZW or any other carrier this affected, go ask RIM for your two dollars.
    12-23-09 04:10 PM
    First off - the credit would be for $2 and would cost you more in wasted time to claim it.

Second - it was out of the control of VZW or any other carrier this affected, go ask RIM for your two dollars.
    Technically, we don't have any contractual ties to RIM, so the logical choice would be the entity you are doing business with. If HBO goes out, do you call them or your Cable/SatTV provider?
    12-23-09 04:24 PM
    Technically, we don't have any contractual ties to RIM, so the logical choice would be the entity you are doing business with. If HBO goes out, do you call them or your Cable/SatTV provider?
    Good point for #2, I will stick with point #1
    12-23-09 04:26 PM
    And here's a tidbit from their legal section.

(a) Service(s). EACH OF THE RIM SERVICES IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND BY RIM. RIM DOES NOT WARRANT UNINTERRUPTED USE OR OPERATION OF ANY SERVICE, OR THAT ANY DATA SENT BY OR TO YOU WILL BE TRANSMITTED IN UNCORRUPTED FORM OR WITHIN A REASONABLE PERIOD OF TIME. ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, ENDORSEMENTS AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT AND ANY IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF FITNESS FOR A PURPOSE, MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, DURABILITY, OR ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED. RIM SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY TO YOU OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO ANY SERVICE PROVIDED BY ANY THIRD PARTY THROUGH RIM OR IN CONJUNCTION WITH RIM'S SERVICES. YOUR RECOURSE IN THE EVENT OF ANY SUCH CLAIM WITH RESPECT TO ANY SERVICE SHALL BE SOLELY AGAINST SUCH THIRD PARTY.

Here's the link to the whole page
    It outlines it's SOFTWARE but adds in services etc as the SOLUTION.
    BlackBerry
    Last edited by berryfit; 12-23-09 at 04:38 PM.
    12-23-09 04:34 PM
    Exactly.
    I have no contract with RIM.
    My contract is with Verizon for data.
    If their subcontractor fails to perform, they need to take it up with that entity.

I give Verizon my cash and my beef s with Verizon.
    I asked for my credit last night and was told by CS to call technical support.
    12-23-09 04:36 PM
    And if they covered themselves with the above, i bet verizon, sprint, att, tmobile and others have a similar clause (and not the santa type either)
    12-23-09 04:39 PM
    I asked for my credit last night and was told by CS to call technical support.
    CS should be able handle this credit.
    12-23-09 04:54 PM
    Here's something in VZW's Customer Agreement. Basically, if you get 24 consecutive hours of interrupted service, you can be reimbursed for the TIME lost.

What Are My Rights for Dropped Calls or Interrupted Service?

If you drop a call in your Coverage Area, redial. If it's answered within 5 minutes, call us within 90 days and we'll give you a 1–minute airtime credit. If you lose Service in your Coverage Area for more than 24 hours in a row and we're at fault, call us within 180 days and we'll give you a credit for the time lost. Please be aware that these are your only rights for dropped calls or interrupted Service.
    12-23-09 04:58 PM
    Here's something in VZW's Customer Agreement. Basically, if you get 24 consecutive hours of interrupted service, you can be reimbursed for the TIME lost.

What Are My Rights for Dropped Calls or Interrupted Service?

If you drop a call in your Coverage Area, redial. If it's answered within 5 minutes, call us within 90 days and we'll give you a 1�minute airtime credit. If you lose Service in your Coverage Area for more than 24 hours in a row and we're at fault, call us within 180 days and we'll give you a credit for the time lost. Please be aware that these are your only rights for dropped calls or interrupted Service.
    correct, so now do the math.

29.99/31x2 = $1.93 for your credit

29.99 cost of the months data
    31 days in the billing cycle
    2 - service days lost

Your time calling for this credit? is it really worth it? for me, no.
    12-23-09 05:10 PM
    Im not arguing that. But they wont give it because it was not 24 hours of continuous outage and it wasnt their fault....no one will give a credit...of course
    12-23-09 05:14 PM

Fixed it for ya...

Even with VZW's very short wait time, it's not worth my time...
    Thread is not what I meant to say.... I don't understand what you fixed? I meant and said post as I quoted the irrelevant post.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-09 05:54 PM
    Im not arguing that. But they wont give it because it was not 24 hours of continuous outage and it wasnt their fault....no one will give a credit...of course
    They credited me one month data for the inconvenience.

12-23-09 05:57 PM
    Ccare gave me a $25 goodwill credit without my even asking... was just chatting with the tech about BIS/BES in general, and she offered it. Score! Another point for VZW.
    12-23-09 06:24 PM
    I offered someone a $2.58 credit today for probs with service.. insulted him, which was good because he was being a complete asshoooooooollleee.

12-23-09 08:42 PM
    I declined a credit today to someone for even the days lost because it wasn't interrupted for 24 hours. Sorry not Verizons fault. I really hope you people don't get me when you call cause I hear I'm "going to go to att" all day.

12-23-09 09:35 PM
    Just say no to credits and whiny/demanding/belittling customers.

12-23-09 09:37 PM
    I know it isn't the popular opinion but I don't see why Verizon would credit anything. If I am not mistaken, the Verizon Wireless Data service was still there and did not have an interruption. It was the RIM servers that had the interruption. Android and Windows mobile users were not affected at all.

If you buy a BlackBerry you should know this is possible. It is a risk we take by not using a different device. I am just a regular customer like most people here and I knew this was a possibility so I for one don't feel I need a credit for the down time because I knew the risk.

I do see where the others who feel differently are coming from I guess, especially if their phones are used for business, but I just wanted to add my .02
    12-23-09 09:45 PM
    Keep the thread on topic. No personal attacks please.

12-23-09 09:46 PM
    That's exactly what VZW offered me this morning when I called, a $1 credit for RIM service being down. Oh and she said, vzw is not "responsible" if RIM servers go down so vzw does not have to give any credit if that portion of my service goes down.
    Yup, I was very polite and told the rep I was just inquiring about it. He said sure, 2 days for last week and one day for yesterday.

total = $3.00 --- Whoopty-frikkin'-doo
    12-23-09 09:48 PM
    I want a new free car. I couldn't drive for a few days when the mechanic had to order a part. Plus a newer model came out after I purchased it.
    Why didn't you use your 30 test period and just pay a $35 re-stocking fee, then get the newer car?
    12-23-09 09:52 PM
    I know it isn't the popular opinion but I don't see why Verizon would credit anything. If I am not mistaken, the Verizon Wireless Data service was still there and did not have an interruption. It was the RIM servers that had the interruption. Android and Windows mobile users were not affected at all.

If you buy a BlackBerry you should know this is possible. It is a risk we take by not using a different device. I am just a regular customer like most people here and I knew this was a possibility so I for one don't feel I need a credit for the down time because I knew the risk.

I do see where the others who feel differently are coming from I guess, especially if their phones are used for business, but I just wanted to add my .02
    QFT. +1.good post

12-23-09 09:57 PM
    i'm guessing that the credits issued are more of a general credit rather than a specific credit for the recent RIM outage.

When i was a VZW rep back in the day i could issue credits and label them goodwill. i could give a credit for a delayed port, etc. They had to be approved but they almost always were if the customer was long time and payments in good standing.

Not sure if that's what's happening in these cases.

12-23-09 10:03 PM
    Sooooo... i called verizon (like I normally do when i lose my preciouse BB service) and I got the feeling that i got a "newbie representative" on the phone. Of course i opted to use that to my advantage. Long story short... i hung up with a week credit on my account for "being disrespected by a new employee". HAHA gofigure
    12-23-09 10:46 PM
    I worked for Verizon i few years back, and a majority of the time the judgment for customer credits was on us. Of course, if they were given without due cause, a writeup is inevitable.
    12-23-09 10:49 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD