Hello...So we have a family plan with three phones..I lost my phone last year and they told me it would be cheaper to just add a third line and thats what we did..I didnt need another phone, so me and my husband decided to give the phone to my mother..Boy was that a big mistake..We have 1400 minutes and she uses sooo many minutes each month..The line is elgible for an upgrade as of this month, and I was just wondering does that mean that I could go ahead and cancel her line with out paying the 175.00 fee...Thanks
    12-25-09 01:11 AM
    Yes. If the line is eligible for an upgrade it may be outside of the ETF (Early Termination
    Fee) period.

Takes a brave woman to kick her mom to the technological curb. Good luck with that
    12-25-09 01:43 AM
    Well... I would double check with AT&T or by going online.

On a 2 year contract, you're usually still in contract, but get an eligibility date of 3 months prior to the contract ending. This is how AT&T can get you to upgrade, in hopes that you do not wait until your contract is over. On a one year contract, you're eligible on the 11 month.

OLAM is currently offline, so I can't get the steps for you at this moment.
    12-25-09 02:05 AM
    Also... moved to AT&T forums.
    12-25-09 02:05 AM
    Yes it does. I know better than to put my name to a cell phone line for my mom. My mother in law got pissy last year when we refused to sponser a cell line for her. She ended up footing the bad credit fee and getting her own line, and she couldnt understand about the bad credit fee and why she had to pay it. A couple months back she received a $950 phone bill............line now disconnected. She now dosent understand why they wont refund her deposit LOL. I stand back sometimes and wonder how she gets through a day by herself.
    12-25-09 02:08 AM
    Thanks Duvi for the post. I was posting from my experience as a customer but that
    is an end user experience.

Your manager expertise in this area trumps mine and almost anyone
    else who will answer this.

I do have to ask though, with the declining ETF, at 3 months left would that fee
    not be nominal at best?
    12-25-09 02:16 AM
    Depends when she started it. The prorated ETF didn't start not too long ago... sometime this year I think (early this year).
    12-25-09 05:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD