I was wondering, if I get that Blackberry next summer, before my contract goes up, if I would HAVE to get a data plan, if I do not start a new contract and get a no commitment pricing one off of Amazon.com, would they charge/require me to have one if I just put my SIM card in?
    09-21-09 03:20 PM
    You have asked that same question multiple times already.
    09-21-09 03:22 PM
    Is it true or not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some people say yes some people say no, hence, confused!
    09-21-09 03:28 PM
    So how many times are you going to ask?

You will have to have a data plan with ATT. Its in their Terms of Service. See the last thread you posted about this same issue, I looked it up on the ATT website, and included the link.

If you take a SIM card from another phone and put it in the Blackberry, the network will detect from the IMEI that you have changed phones, and they will add the data plan to your bill.
    09-21-09 04:24 PM
    By the way, you really should write an entire sentence in the title of your thread, instead of just putting Confused.

Try: I am confused whether on not I need a data plan with ATT.
    Last edited by TequilaAddict; 09-21-09 at 07:37 PM.
    09-21-09 04:36 PM
    Is it true or not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some people say yes some people say no, hence, confused!
    The only opinion that matters, is that of your carrier. If they confirm you need a data plan you will know for sure.
    09-21-09 05:03 PM
    if you upgrade with Amazon they will require you to have a data plan and keep it on the account for 180 days. If you attempt to take it off, you get hit with a fee.

If you get one on ur own, they shouldnt require you. They will require you to have a data plan upon either signing for a new service or upgrading.

However, the iPhone requires the $30 plan regardless of the situation
    09-21-09 05:22 PM
    if you upgrade with Amazon they will require you to have a data plan and keep it on the account for 180 days. If you attempt to take it off, you get hit with a fee.

If you get one on ur own, they shouldnt require you. They will require you to have a data plan upon either signing for a new service or upgrading.

However, the iPhone requires the $30 plan regardless of the situation
    This is the misinformation that is confusing people. AT&T requires a data plan on ALL smartphones regardless of how you obtained it. Unless you had a line with them with a smartphone on it and no data plan prior to the 6th you will be assigned a data plan as soon as the smart phone is detected on the network. End of story.
    09-21-09 06:02 PM
    Barbwyr is absolutely correct. Before Sept. 6th no data plan, after Sept. 6th data plan. Confusion over

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-09 07:34 PM
    This is the misinformation that is confusing people. AT&T requires a data plan on ALL smartphones regardless of how you obtained it. Unless you had a line with them with a smartphone on it and no data plan prior to the 6th you will be assigned a data plan as soon as the smart phone is detected on the network. End of story.
    thanks to clarifying, i think is good to teach those who try to cheat the system
    09-21-09 08:31 PM
    My question is...You're 13, what could you possibly need a blackberry for? Buy an unlocked sidekick.
    09-24-09 10:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD