When are they going to actually get BB's in white? All we get is black and purple. Ugh. I wish there was a bit more variety to choose from.
    09-22-10 10:39 PM
    yeah I feel you on that one..by the looks of it, it looks like they will never branch out and get new colors. They making you go and buy a different housing..
    09-22-10 10:46 PM
    The only out of normal colors I have seen on VZW is when they offered the enV (1) in Orange and Olive Green. Besides that, its usually been the 'female' and 'male' colors.
    09-22-10 10:51 PM
    yeah your right about that....VZW said their just going to stick with phones...nothing fancy! lol
    09-22-10 10:54 PM
    Wish I could change the housing myself but I'm too scared I'll screw up my phone.
    09-22-10 11:10 PM
    You are still using an 8330? At that point I would almost suggest you may as well try, since I have to assume you are probably out of contract already. There should be plenty of tutorials around showing how to do it safely/ without damaging the device.

Verizon has never been particularly known for their innovation in phones and I wouldn't hold my breath expecting that to change now. They probably ran the colors by a few groups of people in different markets and picked the colors that most of them seemed to prefer. I would have to assume it is cheaper for them to only offer 1 or 2 colors.
    09-22-10 11:48 PM
    Changing the housing on the 8330 isn't that hard. There are some videos online that will be able to help you do this. I have done it a couple of times.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-10 03:59 AM
    Why not try a skin. I purchased mine from GelaSkins. They have tons of skins to choose from for your phone....OR.....you can design your own. I designed my own. They go on very easily and you can remove them and reuse them also. Also protected my 8330 from scratches. Check them out.
    09-23-10 01:50 PM
    There's some company that will paint the phone for you. Custom colors too. It's pretty expensive though, but the pix look great. I forget the name.
    09-23-10 02:54 PM
    Yeah i have changed the whole housing on my 8530 and it wasn't nothing...also done it on my boy 9550 and 9700...its not that hard of a task, just have to be patient and take your time.
    09-23-10 03:15 PM
    it's a PHONE. I don't care about color of a PHONE. And what's up with all the silver, gray, and white cars on the road now??? I've got a car with some color, which makes it easy to spot when I'm returning to it's parking spot. Having said that, it's kinda depressing to see all the "blah" color cars out there now. Is the future already here?? (You know how MONOCHROME the future is painted, in future-set movies?) BRING BACK THE COLOR, auto mfgrs!
    09-23-10 03:15 PM
    There's some company that will paint the phone for you. Custom colors too. It's pretty expensive though, but the pix look great. I forget the name.
    Is it Colorware you're thinking of?

09-23-10 03:17 PM
    Wish I could change the housing myself but I'm too scared I'll screw up my phone.
    all you have to do is unscrew all the screws and everything just pops off... it's really easy!!
    09-23-10 04:44 PM
    it's a PHONE. I don't care about color of a PHONE. And what's up with all the silver, gray, and white cars on the road now??? I've got a car with some color, which makes it easy to spot when I'm returning to it's parking spot. Having said that, it's kinda depressing to see all the "blah" color cars out there now. Is the future already here?? (You know how MONOCHROME the future is painted, in future-set movies?) BRING BACK THE COLOR, auto mfgrs!
    WTH, lol! They have had white cars forever and Silver, pass it bro...pass it!

09-23-10 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD