Straight out of a crossover where Skeletor teamed up with Hordak,

Comcast Planning To Launch Own Wireless Service Piggybacking On Verizon?s 4G LTE Network In 2016 : BIZ TECH : Tech Times

But what's interesting is that the article claims that Comcast is going to be an LTE MVNO. Is this another hint of all-LTE in 2016?
    lift and 00stryder like this.
    10-22-15 09:11 PM
    From the article: "Comcast operates millions of Wi-Fi hotspots in major cities around the U.S. And while Verizon may not like the idea, those hotspots could successfully serve as the foundation of Comcast's network and the nation's top wireless carrier's cell tower could patch in the calling in rural areas".
    Comcast want's to use it's wifi as the foundation of it's wireless service? There is no wifi on highways. Also, wifi only travels short distances from the routers that Comcast supplies to it's users. If driving in a car you would be switching from router to router really quickly. I really can't see how that would work. But hey, what do I know.
    10-22-15 09:58 PM
    Where I live (NYC area) there is a Cable provider offering wifi only plans to is customers for $10 a month. They advertise over 1M hot spots and growing. There coverage maps remind me of maps in the mid 90s
    Comcast to become a Verizon MVNO-optimum.png
    10-23-15 10:24 AM
    There is no wifi on highways.
    Here is a zoomed in map of a rural area. What are they mounting routers on telephone polls or something?
    Comcast to become a Verizon MVNO-zoomed.png
    lift likes this.
    10-23-15 10:30 AM
    Here is a zoomed in map of a rural area. What are they mounting routers on telephone polls or something?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zoomed.PNG 
Views:	412 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	377147
    Good question. Rural areas I can see that there would be routers in people's homes that you would pick up as you drive along. But how about highways where there are no homes along the sides of the road. This whole idea of cellular service through wifi really does not make much sense to me. The switching from router to router and switching to cellular when no wifi is around seems to be a giant mess. Think I will stick to the conventional services like T-Mobile.
    10-23-15 11:00 AM