Hi all,

I'm not sure if anyone has offered this tip yet, so I'll do it now.

From what I understand, an event log jots down everything that is done on the phone.

Caution: I'm not sure if this will work for the Pearls; however, this does work for the Curves (8320)

I spoke with a T-mobile tech person and he gave me this tip:

1) Press and hold the "alt" key
    2) Type in "lglg". This will bring up the Event Log on your phone.
    3) Press the menu key and select "clear log".

The tech person suggested doing this about once a month, or else it may slow down the applications on the phone.

Not sure if this is a T-mobile thing or a phone thing, so for those who have different carriers, call your respective tech ppl and check.

11-26-07 03:50 PM
    Thanks for the Tip!!
    11-26-07 03:57 PM
    Thanks for the tip!

I believe that would also work on any carriers and BB 8+ devices... I tried doing it on my business phone (BB 8830) and it worked...
    11-29-07 02:34 PM
    Ooh Excellent tip!!
    You got a knowledgeable CSR!!!
    11-29-07 02:39 PM
    Really good tip. Will try it!
    11-29-07 04:38 PM
    Great Tip!
    I had heard about this once before but couldn't remember the correct keystrokes. Thanks!
    11-29-07 05:49 PM
    Thank You.
    Worked on 8310-AT&T.
    11-30-07 01:25 PM
    Thank You.
    Worked on 8310-AT&T.
    Worked on my pearl as well--I didn't even know that was THERE! Thanks!
    11-30-07 02:20 PM
    I don't want to sound dumb, but what screen do you need to be in to activate this process?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-08 10:05 AM
    Your welcome all.

Bunky1971, I've done them while in the Home Screen, though I'm not sure if this can be done in other screens.
    03-03-08 12:03 PM
    Good to know. Thanks.
    03-03-08 04:28 PM
    just did it on my 8900 thanks.
    07-23-09 07:36 PM
    works on the tour. thanks hope it speeds stuff up
    07-23-09 08:15 PM
    Works on the 8220 as well.
    07-23-09 08:36 PM
    From what I understand, an event log jots down everything that is done on the phone.
    I've always just gone in and "undefaulted" (alt lglg/options/uncheck everything).

I never need to clean up my event log because there is never any garbage in it. Never had problem one and my Berrys all work like a charm.
    07-24-09 12:28 AM
    wheres that option to uncheck all? Cuz i dont see it and there is bucoos of stuff to uncheck individually.
    07-24-09 12:56 PM
    I've done this before and usually once every few weeks, but there is one downside to doing this; If you start having issues with the phone, there could be vital information in the event log that is needed to help solve the problem with it.
    07-24-09 04:00 PM
    The event log is simply a diagnostic tool and can be completely removed from the OS. Even if you set the Event Log to "Hide" it will still log, just be sure to clear it out from time to time...
    07-24-09 04:01 PM
    I've done this before and usually once every few weeks, but there is one downside to doing this; If you start having issues with the phone, there could be vital information in the event log that is needed to help solve the problem with it.
    LOL.

Such as? Just one example. Where the event log has "vital info."

Just one example. LOL.
    07-24-09 06:02 PM
    LOL.

Just one example. LOL.
    Lol. I don't really know. I was just saying what was said to me before when I asked someone about clearing it. I still clear it anyway.
    07-24-09 10:37 PM
    LOL.

Just one example. LOL.
    "Similar to the event log on a Windows computer, there is an Event Log on your BlackBerry device where applications and the BlackBerry operating system itself can log information. Not only does this provide a central place to view all events from the system and applications, but it allows application developers to use an easy and consistent API for logging events so that each developer doesn't have to create his own."

If there was absolutely no use to having an event log, then RIM would never have added it to their devices. You've been registered with CB for more than enough time One would think you'd know such basic information
    07-25-09 10:00 PM
    Just did it ...THANKS
    I can`t catch my blackberry now,how fast it`s running....ha he ha...kidding!!
    BLA
    01-01-10 11:28 PM
    You should be able to do this on pretty much all blackberries, may be except for older versions. You can also go into options ->Security options -> Advanced security options -> memory cleaning then enable it. Then check yes on "show icon on home screen". After that, go back out to your main home screen & depends on which berry you have, you'll see a icon that looks almost like a paper shredder. I believe on pearls, it's right on home screen & on 9700, it shows up in "applications" folder. Everytime you click on it, it'll clean out few other things that aren't on "alt+lglg" option.
    01-01-10 11:47 PM
    Great tip works on the 9700
    08-28-12 01:01 AM
    Clearing the event log is a waste of time.
    08-28-12 03:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD