Hello all. I tried to search the forums, and I have seen a lot of discussion of tethering and whether it can be done free or only through payment to the carrier. It appears the carriers frown upon this. I didn't see any discussion of any Cincinnati Bell customers who tether without paying Cincinnati Bell's $10/month fee. Anyone know if Cincinnati Bell looks the other way if you use Tetherberry or other third party tethering configuration?

New to BB and these forums, so I appreciate in advance any help!
    08-26-09 04:11 PM
    I have the same questions as you. It doesnt look like we will find the answer here. I am willing to purchase the Tetherberry software, to use my blackberry as internet access to my laptop, but I am not willing to pay a separate "tethering fee" that I see mentioned many many places. I guess I will have to go to Cincinnati Bell Wireless to find out. I hope you have this solved.
    09-06-09 09:31 AM
    With their new bundling package/promotion of $39.99/month for home & mobile internet, you could argue with them that a separate tethering fee is redundant.
    09-10-09 09:09 AM
    i have zoomtown and bb unlimited and they told me i have to pay for tethering i told them to cancel my service so they added tethering free for 6 months.. i am on the why pay for 2 plan....but i was tethering and not paying before they added it with tetherberry
    02-09-10 08:48 AM
    You won't be able to get away frpm paying for the tethering fee from CBW, one of the downfalls, I don't see them dropping that anytime soon. I too think it is a waste of money to pay for these services while being on the why pay for two plan.
    02-09-10 09:02 AM
    Umm.... why is this under BELL CANADA?
    02-09-10 09:53 AM
    Umm.... why is this under BELL CANADA?
    Because people see bell and refer it to all bell carriers. I am trying to get a specific Cincinnati Bell section.
    02-10-10 10:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD