I was hoping it'd be a revised or new version. One without the double-typing lol.
    06-29-15 11:08 PM
    So if the rumors are true about the slider being android ,where does it leave this passport talk, will it run bb10 or android?

Posted via CB10
    07-05-15 10:58 PM
    Still no news on Passport coming to Tmo any time soon?

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 09:21 AM
    I bet in a year and a half from now, BlackBerry 10 will be all Android.

From my ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.1.2744
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    07-08-15 07:12 PM
    BlackBerry only makes secure phones. BB10 is a very secure OS. BlackBerry OS and BlackBerry devices will always be used and needed as long as cyber security is needed.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 08:55 PM
    07-24-15 02:38 PM
    Ah, Raino, hope springs eternal...
    07-24-15 03:56 PM
    Still wonder if this will also run more as an android based phone, it would be pretty doa on t-mobile if it didn't.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 08:54 PM
    Still wonder if this will also run more as an android based phone, it would be pretty doa on t-mobile if it didn't.

Posted via CB10
    No,it is bb10

BlackBerry -Secured to the Core | CB MOD
    07-24-15 09:10 PM
    While I'm happy that it is if the rumors are true then it would seem pretty pointless to release it as an all bb10.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 09:18 PM
    While I'm happy that it is if the rumors are true then it would seem for my individual needs pretty pointless to release it as an all bb10 in my opinion.
    Fixed that for you.

I'd personally consider a secure, BES-capable, Android-based BB phone with BB10/hub interface but would never sacrifice a secure environment just for an application ecosystem. If Android's growing list of holes can't be plugged then BlackBerry could fail with an Android-based release, especially if BB10 development ceased in turn. We have enough Android devices already. BlackBerry would need to improve upon basic Android to stand out. BES, security and user interface would have to be their masthead -- in my opinion, of course.

[CB10 / Q10]
    07-25-15 09:21 PM
    Fixed that for you.

I'd personally consider a secure, BES-capable, Android-based BB phone with BB10/hub interface but would never sacrifice a secure environment just for an application ecosystem. If Android's growing list of holes can't be plugged then BlackBerry could fail with an Android-based release, especially if BB10 development ceased in turn. We have enough Android devices already. BlackBerry would need to improve upon basic Android to stand out. BES, security and user interface would have to be their masthead -- in my opinion, of course.

[CB10 / Q10]
    I was not talking about my needs but the decision in general, two different devices by the same company each running different software , of course the android would do better in the consumer market.

I'm not crazy about android,especially since my nexus tablet is now an expensive paperweight. Are they going to be marketed differently? I'm just wondering if the rumor is true about a berrydroid, where would that leave this bb10 phone speculated to be released by t-mobile? Especially if they are looking for more attention.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 12:33 AM
    I was not talking about my needs but the decision in general, two different devices by the same company each running different software , of course the android would do better in the consumer market.
    Fair question in that case. Are Android-based BlackBerry devices being beta tested? We've heard very little other than one article mentioning the possibility.

I'd think developers and business users would be given a test-drive prior to dropping an Android-based Passport on the world without much notice. BES integration would be necessary unless sold specifically as consumer-only (which could become confusing rather quickly if there exists a non-BES "consumer" Passport and a BES "business" Passport).

Anything is possible, however.

[CB10 / Q10]
    07-26-15 01:32 AM
    I hope it's the BlackBerry Dallas coming to T-Mobile. Hey a guy can dream

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 06:46 PM
    So it appears NOT headed to Tmobile based on today's announcement.

Once again Chen botches opportunity for carrier relations!

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 10:05 AM
    Once again Chen botches opportunity for carrier relations!
    What insider information do you have saying BlackBerry was at fault for T-Mobile not spending the cash to pick it up?

[CB10 / Q10]
    raino likes this.
    08-04-15 10:30 AM
    What insider information do you have saying BlackBerry was at fault for T-Mobile not spending the cash to pick it up?

[CB10 / Q10]
    Anyone who thinks it is incumbent on the carrier to put forth the effort to carry hardware... well they must have gone to the same school of business as J Chen... where the motto must be "Stealing defeat from the jaws of victory".

And therein lies the root of the problem.

Chen has been botching carrier relations ever since he threw his Tmo temper tantrum and then lied to the world on September 24, 2014 that AT&T would carry the original Passport.
    08-04-15 11:38 AM
    Anyone who thinks it is incumbent on the carrier to put forth the effort to carry hardware... well they must have gone to the same school of business as J Chen... where the motto must be "Stealing defeat from the jaws of victory".

And therein lies the root of the problem.

Chen has been botching carrier relations ever since he threw his Tmo temper tantrum and then lied to the world on September 24, 2014 that AT&T would carry the original Passport.
    Chen would not have had a Tmo tantrum, as you call it, if T-Mobile/Legere was not running sabotage anti-Blackberry campaigns while having a business partnership with BlackBerry last year... "Trade in your BlackBerry for a iPhone"... remember that??

You can hate on Chen if you want, but the facts are out there, and you are skipping over a lot.
    hawklet00 likes this.
    08-04-15 11:45 AM
    You guys are arguing with a brick wall. Don't make me pull out MADBRADNYC's quote now.
    modifier likes this.
    08-04-15 11:51 AM
    You guys are arguing with a brick wall. Don't make me pull out MADBRADNYC's quote now.
    Remind me, please.

Posted via the Diva's beautiful Red Passport!
    08-04-15 11:56 AM
    So what are the chances we will receive any confirmation on when/if a Passport is officially coming T-Mobile? I am most concerned about band 12 LTE not be listed on the recently released silver edition.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-04-15 12:58 PM
    Call it what you will... a brick wall if you must... but I could pull out my predictions from about a year ago regarding whose strategy (Legere or Chen) was most probable to succeed.

And Ironically just this week it is announced that Tmobile has moved up into 3rd place ahead of Sprint... while BlackBerry has continued it's death march to what... 0.3% market share now?

Pretty obvious who is the better strategist!

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 01:06 PM
    So what are the chances we will receive any confirmation on when/if a Passport is officially coming T-Mobile? I am most concerned about band 12 LTE not be listed on the recently released silver edition.

If and when it is available on T-Mobile, I'm sure we will find a post or two about it here on CrackBerry. Similar to when TMo started selling the Classic, I imagine.

Do your other phones all have band 12?
    08-04-15 01:08 PM

Since this isn't it, I'm guessing T-Mobile will have to make do with the SQW100-1 if they get around to releasing it.

There's been some software certifications for the SQW100-1 that, to me, hint at a new release somewhere (specifically OS 10.3.2.2381).

And as for Band 12, well, no T-Mobile BlackBerry ever made has Band 12, and neither does any Passport.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 01:47 PM
    Remind me, please.
    You are chatting with a brick wall....
    08-04-15 05:20 PM
64 123