I've got a NE2 discount on my wife's line that I was planning to use to upgrade her 8330 Curve to the new 8530 model. Where is the cheapest place to use my discount to replace her phone? I've heard that Best Buy is usually cheaper than the corporate VZW stores for upgrades/new purchases/etc. Is that correct? Am I better off calling to order it or purchase online to get the 'instant online' discount?
    11-23-09 10:42 AM
    walmart probably
    11-23-09 11:29 AM
    Remember that your NE2 discount is not always available through third-party sources.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-09 11:43 AM
    Anyone have any experience with Amazon for cell phones?
    11-23-09 01:03 PM
    What is NE2? That 100 dollars that usually gets slashed online when you upgrade?
    11-23-09 06:15 PM
    Walmart won't do the NE2 but the phone is 28.88 in store.

11-23-09 06:44 PM
    I've got a NE2 discount on my wife's line that I was planning to use to upgrade her 8330 Curve to the new 8530 model. Where is the cheapest place to use my discount to replace her phone? I've heard that Best Buy is usually cheaper than the corporate VZW stores for upgrades/new purchases/etc. Is that correct? Am I better off calling to order it or purchase online to get the 'instant online' discount?
    Try ebay,amazon, or walmart.
    11-29-09 08:14 AM
    What is NE2? That 100 dollars that usually gets slashed online when you upgrade?
    Yes.
    NE2=New Every Two

I like solving mysteries!!!
    11-29-09 09:58 AM
    Went into Best Buy last Friday. Was planning to get the 8530 Curve w/ my upgrade status for Best Buy's $49 price. The rep starts into this "...we offer a 30-day price guarantee...". I told him that WalMart had this same phone for free w/ new/upgrade. He pulled up WalMart's website, got his mgr to key in his overide code and VOILA!, I got the phone for $0!!!
    12-14-09 08:53 AM
    Went into Best Buy last Friday. Was planning to get the 8530 Curve w/ my upgrade status for Best Buy's $49 price. The rep starts into this "...we offer a 30-day price guarantee...". I told him that WalMart had this same phone for free w/ new/upgrade. He pulled up WalMart's website, got his mgr to key in his overide code and VOILA!, I got the phone for $0!!!
    Hmmm good deal. Its always better to get from the store directly though.
    12-14-09 09:18 AM
    Hmmm good deal. Its always better to get from the store directly though.
    I agree. its less of a hassle that way.. and then you dont have ot deal with some third party that could care less about your phone..
    12-14-09 01:13 PM
    $28.88 at Wal-Mart is excellent! Forget feeding the vultures...I mean VZW sales reps. Get the best deal possible, which is usually not at a VZW Corp store.

12-15-09 08:55 PM
    I think you will find that the only way you will get the best support for it though, is at a VZW corp store.
    12-15-09 10:16 PM
    You'd get the same support regardless

12-15-09 10:20 PM
    You'd get the same support as far as the one year warranty is concerned, regardless of where you buy it (third party retail vs corp store), but I think if you have issues with it off the bat and want to return it, that will depend on where you bought it... Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that's how it works...

12-15-09 10:36 PM
    No. Verizon offers the 30 day WFG regardless of where you bought it. You still have Verizon service/CS and support. You may have to do any WFG exchanges thru where ever you bought it, like Wal-Mart.

12-15-09 10:46 PM
    Walmart always has the cheapest prices and no mail in rebate crap like you'd get by going to a vzw store, but as far as I know they don't transfer your contacts, etc like they'll do at a corporate store.
    Easy take both phones into a Corp store and have them do it.

12-15-09 11:03 PM
    Walmart always has the cheapest prices and no mail in rebate crap like you'd get by going to a vzw store, but as far as I know they don't transfer your contacts, etc like they'll do at a corporate store.
    There is Backup Assistant for regular phones and sync options for Smartphones. There is no need to go to a store for contacts.
    12-15-09 11:05 PM
    There is Backup Assistant for regular phones and sync options for Smartphones. There is no need to go to a store for contacts.
    But it gives the reps something to do.....

12-15-09 11:07 PM
    Verizon will support the device, no matter where you purchased it, though, if you want to return it, you would need to do it through Wal-Mart and not Verizon...

The Wal-Mart reps usually aren't all that knowledgeable, so when it comes to support from them, there's no guarantee that it will be correct...

But if the phones cheaper from Wal-Mart, theres no reason not to buy it there, other than immediate support from their reps may not be the greatest or most accurate...

As far as transferring contacts, if you bring it to a Verizon Corporate store, they'll charge you to transfer the contacts... So self serve options are the way to go...
    Last edited by R.O.C.; 12-15-09 at 11:25 PM.
    12-15-09 11:21 PM
    Charge to transfer contacts? Not likely. I used to do this when I had a dumb phone.. Was never charged.

12-15-09 11:33 PM
    Technically they can charge you for transferring contacts. They used to have signs up showing the prices. It was like $10 or something to transfer contacts.

They just never charge anyone...

12-16-09 02:01 AM
    Yes...

$10 to do a phone book transfer...

And they're becoming more strict about who they waive the fee for. Now there are instances where the fee is waived, but only under certain circumstances where some requirements are met. For example: the fee is waived if a customer had to have their phone replaced under warranty, since its not their fault they had to switch phones...

But when a customer upgrades to a new phone, the contacts usually aren't transferred for free, but yet again, there are times when certain requirements are met and it can be done free of charge...

Verizon wants customers to use the self service options, instead of always going into the store or calling in for things they can easily do for themselves (and usually in much less time)...
    Last edited by R.O.C.; 12-16-09 at 05:17 AM.
    12-16-09 04:06 AM
    Yes...

$10 to do a phone book transfer...

And they're becoming more strict about who they waive the fee for. Now there are instances where the fee is waived, but only under certain circumstances where some requirements are met. For example: the fee is waived if a customer had to have their phone replaced under warranty, since its not their fault they had to switch phones...

But when a customer upgrades to a new phone, the contacts usually aren't transferred for free, but yet again, there are times when certain requirements are met and it can be done free of charge...

Verizon wants customers to use the self service options, instead of always going into the store or calling in for things they can easily do for themselves (and usually in much less time)...
    well back when I had a dumb phone and had to use it, it was always waived. Maybe its a VIP thing.

One time they accidentally erased all my contacts *gasp* and I was credited for 6 months of service plus they gave me some free accessories. Lol

12-16-09 10:37 AM
    VIP's do get the fee waived...

AS far as getting 6 months of service just for lost contacts... That was very generous of them...
    12-16-09 02:09 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD