I have a question, right now I am on the even more plus plan with unlimited everything, but I am still my 2 year contract which doesn't end untill Jan 16th, 2011. Would I be able to get a full discount if I wanted to upgrade to another smartphone?
    No. When you switched to EM+, you gave up the ability to ever sign another contract.
    01-28-10 02:04 PM
    Well i have to say, yelling and cursing is not the way to go. But in some cases, depending on who you get on the phone it may work. I don't use those methods. I may have back in the day but don't think it ever got me anywhere. But i will say i only deal with the female reps. They are always nicer and it seems like the guys that i have delt with have been a @ss! but thats just my experience. i got mine at a great price and no yelling. Thanks again bro for the info.
    01-28-10 05:05 PM
    Bing still has the 35 percent off if your upgrading online.
    01-28-10 08:43 PM
    Just to be clear, calling back multiple times in hopes of getting a different answer IS wasting the company's time, no matter how you look at it. You are adding unnecessary calls.
    I have to disagree with you a bit here. If you can call five times, and get five different answers (or four, or three) then it is Tmobile who is wasting their customers time for not giving the correct answer the first time.

If the answers were the same every time someone called, people wouldn't feel the need to call five times, but if Tmobile has trained their customers that they can keep calling and keep asking to get better deals then that's on them to deal with it. This comes somewhat from my own frustration of being told one thing on the phone, something completely different in a store, the same thing as the store on the phone, and then something else on a final phone call. Why did I have to call three times and visit one store to get something that should have been a simple phone upgrade?

I'm just saying it works both ways.
    01-28-10 10:28 PM
    If you can call five times, and get five different answers (or four, or three) then it is Tmobile who is wasting their customers time for not giving the correct answer the first time.
    This is the problem that I have with T-Mobile.

Or even worse:

You get the same answer from 4 different CSRs, then you get the bill and question what those 4 tell you, you get a 5th person (the supervisor) and informs you that the OTHER 4 CSRs that you talked to, were all incorrect.

01-28-10 10:40 PM
    pretty sure this doesn't work for upgrades through my.tmobile.com

have you been able to upgrade successfully and get the bing cash back?
    01-28-10 11:03 PM
    I have to disagree with you a bit here. If you can call five times, and get five different answers (or four, or three) then it is Tmobile who is wasting their customers time for not giving the correct answer the first time.

If the answers were the same every time someone called, people wouldn't feel the need to call five times, but if Tmobile has trained their customers that they can keep calling and keep asking to get better deals then that's on them to deal with it. This comes somewhat from my own frustration of being told one thing on the phone, something completely different in a store, the same thing as the store on the phone, and then something else on a final phone call. Why did I have to call three times and visit one store to get something that should have been a simple phone upgrade?

I'm just saying it works both ways.
    With billing issues, you are correct. In the interest of verifying what a plan/feature does, double checking is a good thing. Knowing a price, calling to ask what the price is, then calling back to ask again after being told the same thing is wasting time. Very different situations. People don't have to learn this from T-mobile as long as there are people out there saying "Do it! Keep calling! It can't hurt!"
    01-29-10 01:01 AM
    Quick question

My sister had signed a two year agreement with tmobile a year ago. Yesterday I found this thread and went to tmobile.com to see if she actually able to upgrade. Sure enough she was able to. My question is if she upgrades again to get the 9700 will the contract renew to two years again or will it add another two years to her current year left on her original agreement? Thank you in advance
    01-29-10 10:12 AM
    Quick question

My sister had signed a two year agreement with tmobile a year ago. Yesterday I found this thread and went to tmobile.com to see if she actually able to upgrade. Sure enough she was able to. My question is if she upgrades again to get the 9700 will the contract renew to two years again or will it add another two years to her current year left on her original agreement? Thank you in advance
    Whenever you do a contract extension, it is a reset, not an add on. This means any time left on your contract is deleted, and replaced with a new two year contract, beginning the day of the extension.
    01-29-10 11:46 AM
    Whenever you do a contract extension, it is a reset, not an add on. This means any time left on your contract is deleted, and replaced with a new two year contract, beginning the day of the extension.
    Ok Thanks a bunch!
    01-29-10 12:36 PM
    do we still get charged an $18 upgrade fee?
    01-29-10 09:13 PM
    Yea. Your going to still get charged.
    01-29-10 10:02 PM
    i though tmobile did away with the upgrade fee's
    01-29-10 10:38 PM
    Too Money hungry to stop

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Right, because T-Mobile is the only one doing it.

There was a period of about 3 months last year where they did away with it for a promo.
    01-29-10 11:24 PM
    I just tried calling Tmobile and it said they were closed. I have been with Tmobile since 2002 and never knew customer service closed.
    01-30-10 12:53 AM
    Wow, that's surprising Then again I don't call them late at night. I guess they gotta sleep.
    01-30-10 02:05 AM
    I just tried calling Tmobile and it said they were closed. I have been with Tmobile since 2002 and never knew customer service closed.
    Wow, that's surprising Then again I don't call them late at night. I guess they gotta sleep.
    They close at 1 AM EST and reopen at 6 AM EST.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-10 05:21 AM
    Depends on which rep you get when you call in... The official book says yes but sometimes you get lucky.
    01-30-10 06:36 AM
    No, and yes. Sidekick is a smartphone. The original place of purchase does not matter

so I could be able to upgrade after 12 months?
    01-30-10 08:43 AM
    There was a period of about 3 months last year where they did away with it for a promo.
    pretty sure they made a big fan fare about getting rid of the fees but they must have forgotten to tell people that its a promo only.

none the less, i took the 9700 for 160 (after taxes and bull **** upgrade fee)

[rant]
    i know its not the reps fault but just is stupid to me. yes let me charge you an extra 18 dollars so we can lock you in a longer contract and please dont give me bs that i'm getting a 450 dollar phone for 160 dollars. that 450 is MSRP (another bull**** marketing term). you and i both know that tmobile doesn't didn't pay that much for the phone.
    i spend enough money with Tmobile and stay with them for their excellent customer service but corporate tmobile is ridiculous. always trying to nickle and dime you and i do think that an upgrade fee is bull **** fee

[/rant]
    01-30-10 12:08 PM
    I'm a government employee and therefore qualify for the 15% monthly discount off the bill. When I called to set it up yesterday, I was informed that it would be starting a new contract all over again? Does this mean that my upgrade cycle starts all over again too (I would be due for the upgrade this June) ? NOt that waiting a year is so bad, but I got my 8520 off Craigslist and therefore don't qualify for the insurance (which I should have considering how hard I am on phones). So I have to wait another year or not? My hubs will have to wait, since he just upgraded.......
    01-30-10 01:49 PM
    I'm a government employee and therefore qualify for the 15% monthly discount off the bill. When I called to set it up yesterday, I was informed that it would be starting a new contract all over again? Does this mean that my upgrade cycle starts all over again too (I would be due for the upgrade this June) ? NOt that waiting a year is so bad, but I got my 8520 off Craigslist and therefore don't qualify for the insurance (which I should have considering how hard I am on phones). So I have to wait another year or not? My hubs will have to wait, since he just upgraded.......
    I added my corporate discount last October, and it did not start a new contract. Why don't you try the Online chat on MyTMobile, that way you can get the answer in writing? Save a copy of the chat to your computer.

Your billing date will change though. And it will take a few months to have the discount applied to your bill.
    01-30-10 03:15 PM
    pretty sure they made a big fan fare about getting rid of the fees but they must have forgotten to tell people that its a promo only.

none the less, i took the 9700 for 160 (after taxes and bull **** upgrade fee)

[rant]
    i know its not the reps fault but just is stupid to me. yes let me charge you an extra 18 dollars so we can lock you in a longer contract and please dont give me bs that i'm getting a 450 dollar phone for 160 dollars. that 450 is MSRP (another bull**** marketing term). you and i both know that tmobile doesn't didn't pay that much for the phone.
    i spend enough money with Tmobile and stay with them for their excellent customer service but corporate tmobile is ridiculous. always trying to nickle and dime you and i do think that an upgrade fee is bull **** fee

[/rant]
    Nice rant. Too bad you don't have your facts straight.
    01-30-10 03:52 PM
    Nice rant. Too bad you don't have your facts straight.
    usually such a Bold (pun intended) statement would be followed by "the straight facts"

I'll be patiently waiting...
    01-30-10 06:35 PM
    I dont think it starts you over. My mother is a federal government employee as well and we switched from her discount to my school one and all the bill did was add me as the primary and added the discount.
    01-30-10 11:37 PM
108 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD