now i may be a newbie (by the way LOVING my new curve!) but i do kno that i cant do this with an application because i have a curve but i was wondering if i could change the treckball manually? i was looking on youtube and only found videos for the 8310 and 8320. so my question is can i go by that? or are the phones different? is there anyone who did this and if so can u tell me how to do it?

thanks again,
    u guys are GREAT! lol
    02-25-09 11:56 PM
    You could always remove the trackball that you currently have and dye it a different color for free. There have been several posts on here from people who have done this with great results. Do a search here on how to dye a trackball and it will give you lots of good info! Save you a small bit of money as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 12:04 AM
    The curve dosent have a multicolor trackball light (I don't believe)
    Just the pearl does. If you get software it will just change the status light color

Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

02-26-09 01:25 AM
    it only works on the pearl 8100 & 8110 the sprint pearl 8130 doesnt not have colored leds inside... and instead of dyeing the ball i heard people put colored paper to cover the white light when you pop open the trackball
    02-26-09 08:31 AM
    now i may be a newbie (by the way LOVING my new curve!) but i do kno that i cant do this with an application because i have a curve but i was wondering if i could change the treckball manually? i was looking on youtube and only found videos for the 8310 and 8320. so my question is can i go by that? or are the phones different? is there anyone who did this and if so can u tell me how to do it?

thanks again,
    u guys are GREAT! lol
    She is asking if she can manually change her trackball to another trackball that is another color. She is aware that she can't do it with an app.

02-26-09 08:43 AM
    Check with cnn.cn, I know they have black trackballs. Here is their link...

Cellular Accessories - Accessories Store, BlackBerry, Sony, Samsung, Motorola, Mobiado, Apple, Nokia, P
    02-26-09 08:47 AM
    go to ebay and search colored trackball, red trackball etc.. they sell them for 10 bucks shipped pre dyed
    02-26-09 09:48 AM
    i wouldn't recomend buying them already colored because thay dont have the same texture as the white ones and dont work that well.
    12-09-09 12:48 AM
    i wouldn't recomend buying them already colored because thay dont have the same texture as the white ones and dont work that well.
    old post bump??
    12-09-09 02:34 PM
    I've used colored trackballs on my 8330 with no problems...
    12-10-09 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD