I currently have an Env Touch, and I'm taking the step of upgrading to a smart phone sometime this month. I'm going to order it online, and so I have the option of getting a Bold 9650 (Certified Preowned) for the same price of a Curve 9330. I've heard Bolds are much better, but which would YOU reccoment I get?
    12-04-10 10:04 PM
    I think I would go with the certified preowned 9650 Bold.

You get better screen resolution, and a few less important things. The Bold is their flagship line and the Curve is more the entry level line. This Curve brings the lines a bit closer than previous versions though.

Go play with each since they are slightly different in screen resolution, keyboard size/design/style and one might work better for you.
    12-04-10 10:31 PM
    I would get the Bold, no question. It has a better camera, better processor, more memory, and access to a faster 3G (Rev A). Much better screen resolution too!
    12-04-10 10:33 PM
    I think I would go with the certified preowned 9650 Bold.

You get better screen resolution, and a few less important things. The Bold is their flagship line and the Curve is more the entry level line. This Curve brings the lines a bit closer than previous versions though.

Go play with each since they are slightly different in screen resolution, keyboard size/design/style and one might work better for you.
    Yeah, today I went and looked at the phones at the store for a little awhile, and I seemed to like the feel/keys of the Bold a lot better. But is getting a certified preowned device a waste of money, since there is still the 1 year warranty, etc. I just don't want a scratched up phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-10 10:43 PM
    Yeah, today I went and looked at the phones at the store for a little awhile, and I seemed to like the feel/keys of the Bold a lot better. But is getting a certified preowned device a waste of money, since there is still the 1 year warranty, etc. I just don't want a scratched up phone.

I had to get a CPO Tour once and when it showed up, beyond it being in different packaging than a new one, it pretty much looked new. I guess I can't guarantee they're all like that but I wasn't unhappy with how the CPO I got looked.
    12-04-10 11:00 PM
    I had to get a CPO Tour once and when it showed up, beyond it being in different packaging than a new one, it pretty much looked new. I guess I can't guarantee they're all like that but I wasn't unhappy with how the CPO I got looked.
    alright, thats probably what ill go with then, thanks so it doesnt come in the new box, what does it come in?

12-04-10 11:08 PM
    The 3g curve is rev.A.

12-05-10 05:27 AM
    The 3g curve is rev.A.

what is rev A?

12-05-10 03:31 PM
    what is rev A?

Rev. A is the fastest of Verizon's 3G. Sorry PK, but the 9330 does have Rev. A. The Curve 8530 is a Rev. O phone.

12-05-10 03:33 PM
    I just got a cpo 8530 and its perfect.
    12-05-10 04:03 PM

That will not be an issue. Replacing all the plastic components is normal refurbishment procedure.
    12-05-10 04:54 PM
    Rev. A is the fastest of Verizon's 3G. Sorry PK, but the 9330 does have Rev. A. The Curve 8530 is a Rev. O phone.

Ok, be that as it may, the 9650 is STILL a much better phone. HOWEVER, the 9330 is also a great phone. But since in this case the costs are equal, I advise the OP to go for the CPO, 9650.
    12-05-10 06:21 PM
    Go with the bold 9650 definately... Global phone, flash on camera, nicer keyboard.

12-05-10 06:42 PM
    @PK, that's true . If the price were the same, the Bold is the OBVIOUS choice. I do love my Curve 3G but why wife lives for her Bold.

12-05-10 07:48 PM
    Has things gotten so silly that "Certified Preowned BlackBerry" is now a euphemism
    for the much more accurate "Refurbished?"
    12-05-10 09:19 PM
    I guess it's the stigma refurbished still presents. But, I'm getting more comfortable with getting refurbished stuff.
    12-05-10 09:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD