sorry to add on to the even more depressing news here, but i know for a fact that the Android phone is being pushed HARD to the business accounts. this makes no sense whatsoever. why push a "play" phone to an environment that is already solid "Blackberry"?
    09-27-09 10:30 AM
    At least one thing looks promising... All blackberry prices just dropped on the website. WE is missing, the curve is 99.99, the flip is 29.99, and the pearl is free. That's got to mean something.

On another note, I'm now leaning toward the Hero.
    09-28-09 08:15 AM
    At least one thing looks promising... All blackberry prices just dropped on the website. WE is missing, the curve is 99.99, the flip is 29.99, and the pearl is free. That's got to mean something.

Hmmm... maybe this is CS getting geared up for the Tour release
    09-28-09 08:24 AM
    I've been doing a lot of research lately and I was waiting around for Cellular South to release the Tour. In the meantime, I've done a lot of reading about new phones and I think the capability of the Android based Hero will far surpass that of the blackberry tour. I think that the Hero will be as much as a play phone as it is a work phone and I don't see the blackberry having this dual functionality. This is my second post here, but probably my last. Been fun following the tour with you guys.
    09-28-09 11:55 AM
    I've been doing a lot of research lately and I was waiting around for Cellular South to release the Tour. In the meantime, I've done a lot of reading about new phones and I think the capability of the Android based Hero will far surpass that of the blackberry tour. I think that the Hero will be as much as a play phone as it is a work phone and I don't see the blackberry having this dual functionality. This is my second post here, but probably my last. Been fun following the tour with you guys.
    as respectfully as possible....uh uh.
    09-28-09 01:24 PM
    as respectfully as possible....uh uh.
    I have lots of fun with my Blackberry, at work and at home lmao!!!!!
    09-28-09 04:09 PM

WE re-added
    09-28-09 05:49 PM
    I am do for an upgrade so I went to cs. I asked about the hero and tour when it was coming out. He told me both phones will be out oct 17. I will keep my curve because it is a really good phone. I have had zero problems with it but the hero will be coming back with me on the 17 for sure.
    09-28-09 06:21 PM
    Ok crackberry friends. I have had a discussion with someone over at pinstack who claims to be an ASR person for cellsouth. The word from him is that the Hero's official release date will be Nov 5th with preorders beginning Oct 5th or as early as the 2nd. As far as the Tour is concerned, the release date is not official but supposedly will be here before December. From the way this person talks, it seems cellsouth is making a big push to get the Hero in peoples hands and not the Tour. He and some others are making a big sale of how great the Hero is compared to the Tour. I was also told from one of the branch managers that both would be released Oct 27th and several of you have posted you have been told earlier dates. Too bad cellsouth won't just release the dates on their website and be done with it. One last thing, I am not saying this is reliable info, just telling y'all what I was told and where I got it from.
    09-29-09 09:14 AM
    Oh, forgot to add this. This same ASR person said that when the Hero is released it will be $99.00 after a mail in rebate. Also stated that in November, cellsouth will be adding a new smartphone plan. It will be a family share plan. Said the first phone will be $80 a month and the second $40 a month. Only other details was that both phones would have unlimited talk and unlimited data. I am skeptical and will just have to wait and see if this is for real or not.
    09-29-09 09:22 AM
    SO basically no one really knows
    09-29-09 09:33 AM
    Nobody knows, I am thinking that CS doesn't even know. I looked at the Hero and yes, it may be a great phone but I still love my BBerry's and will just wait on the Tour. I hope that new Smartphone plan does come through, sounds like a great deal if it's done right. Everybody that is eyeing the Hero needs to remember the letters HTC on the Hero and how much they always freeze up.
    Last edited by walkintall67; 09-29-09 at 02:02 PM.
    09-29-09 01:56 PM
    Ok crackberry friends. I have had a discussion with someone over at pinstack who claims to be an ASR person for cellsouth. The word from him is that the Hero's official release date will be Nov 5th with preorders beginning Oct 5th or as early as the 2nd. As far as the Tour is concerned, the release date is not official but supposedly will be here before December. From the way this person talks, it seems cellsouth is making a big push to get the Hero in peoples hands and not the Tour. He and some others are making a big sale of how great the Hero is compared to the Tour. I was also told from one of the branch managers that both would be released Oct 27th and several of you have posted you have been told earlier dates. Too bad cellsouth won't just release the dates on their website and be done with it. One last thing, I am not saying this is reliable info, just telling y'all what I was told and where I got it from.
    I know the guy at Pinstack you are talking about personally. He is no longer an ASR, he has been promoted to DCR (Discovery Center Rep). He works at a store on the MS Gulf Coast. I stop by to talk to him every two or three weeks to play around with his CS demo Tour that the company have him to learn and beta test. Working in the discovery center, its his job to know the phones before they are released so he can help people that have issues. If the guy says its gonna happen, then I would pretty much bank on it. The guy has never been wrong with questions I have asked him.
    As far the new smartphone family plans, I am a member of CS customer panel and received an email a couple months back asking me to rate this new plan as far as value, likelyhood of actually participating etc... So, this too I would count on as something that will definately happen.
    As far as the Hero goes... I am also going to keep my Berry but get the Hero. This same guy at CS that was mentioned above has told me that the Hero is better than the Tour. I will have to believe that is true because the guy has two different providers so he can test out all different kinds of smartphones. I have personally seen him with the Storm, iphone, Tour, HTC diamond, Curve, HTC Mytouch. With his knowledge and expertise in smartphones. I again would have to believe him.
    This is not to say that everyone should run out and get the Hero. The android platform is not for everyone. My advise would be to get the right device that fits your personal needs, no matter what the brand or operating system platform. Bottom line is you have to be happy with what ever you choose. It has to do what you as a consumer want out of it. If it doesn't, then its a waste of money!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-09 06:21 PM
    Thanks dmchance! I appreciate the fact you took the time to explain things instead of jumping down my throat cause of my comments. I hope I did not offend you by implying things about the guy you personally know. I just skeptical of things you read on the internet cause you dont know for certain if the person is who they say. I am really glad to know that you know him and trust him. He has really helped answer alot of my questions and now your comments have helped clarify my thoughts. I am excited no about checking these phones out. Again thanks for your comments!
    09-30-09 08:17 AM
    Hey whats up room...im Pmarshall from pinstack..the one lsu has been getting their info.

Heres something i typed up on pinstack...

Ok heres the breakdown on the Tour.....As anyone knows whom follows the forums, Verizon and Sprint "raced" to launch the Tour and harped on BB to get them them phone first which in turn has resulted in a 66% return rate and im sure ANYONE would agree and understand that from a business point of view that a 66% return rate is horrible. When we recieved our Tours for demo we have been testing in everyday use and have found some bugs that we have been in contact with RIM about. Rim is making new softwarea long with fixing other things. Think of it this way...WE HAVE the phone and will release it when its ready so your carrier (csouth) has your best interest in mind and wanna make sure your new BB experience is the best and not 66% good. Stick with us and be patient please.

Now, these are my opinions and experiences. I do have a test Tour with Csouth and its comming....just wanna make sure its good for everyone to use and not going to have alot of issues.
    09-30-09 11:00 AM
    Thanks pmarshall!!

09-30-09 11:12 AM
    NP..anytime..walkintall..how doyou have a tour on csouth?
    09-30-09 11:16 AM
    Wishful thinking, was in that section one day and went ahead and updated lol
    09-30-09 04:25 PM
    I've got that wishful thinking goin on too
    09-30-09 05:51 PM
    lol...will be reality soon enough be patient please while the phones being tested and made sure its the best expierence possible.

aw man, i needa change my device on here lol..thats old!
    Last edited by pmarshall; 10-01-09 at 11:42 AM.
    10-01-09 11:40 AM
    We're trying
    10-01-09 02:16 PM
    The Hero is now available for pre-order. Still nothing about the Tour.
    10-04-09 12:01 PM
    Stopped in Cleveland cell south today to get
    a cover for my BB flip, the service tech had
    a tour, he let me play with it and said should
    have it in 3 weeks, but he also said they told him
    that when he got his demo model and activated it, so truly nobody knows, but he said so far his has zero trackball issues so maybe they getting all the kinks out first!
    Let's hope, I really liked the tour and I can upgrade next month if I choose lol!

Last edited by luvitlo; 10-05-09 at 02:10 PM.
    10-05-09 02:06 PM
    in Cleveland and didn't stop to say hello. im so hurt. great info tho.
    10-05-09 02:08 PM
    I live in Cleveland now, well Boyle right outside Cleveland, where you work?

10-05-09 02:11 PM
487 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD