if you put a ticket in in the store, i'd def call support and make sure it's there.
    I didn't put in a ticket cause I don't recall exact time or day. Just figured I'd wait until it happens again.
    11-20-09 02:18 PM
    I didn't put in a ticket cause I don't recall exact time or day. Just figured I'd wait until it happens again.
    nah definitely call support. i didn't know/nor give specifics of occurrences. i just told them it wasn't working and gave them the 'error 96' error message. call and do the same thing.
    11-20-09 02:20 PM
    I am Tour owner, got mine on 10-31. Use to be a pearl owner. I have a few questions. I don't know if it has been brought up yet but will csouth ever post an official update for the os for the Tour or should I just go with one of these hybrids. And why does the Tour take so long to start up. My pearl took about half the time. Overall, its a great update from the pearl.
    11-20-09 02:24 PM
    Check this site for official Cellular South BlackBerry Operating Systems:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...C9D4DB0C6BBE45
    11-20-09 02:43 PM
    Is anyone having problems with BBM 5.0 today... I have to send something 2 or 3 times before it will go through?
    11-21-09 04:27 PM
    it's definitely a csouth issue. i put in a trouble ticket on Thursday and havent heard back even though they said i would in 48-72 hours. it's not happening as much but it's still a problem.
    Just had a trouble ticket put on my tour as well for the texting issue. I can receive and reply from a text but that is it.
    yeah, they texted me earlier in the week asking if it was resolved. i replied and said yes for me but i know others that still had problems. btw, i think this is only with the Tour.
    While in the store yesterday I asked about this problem. The rep said that the next time it happened to note the date and time so that when they submit a ticket they can go back and see what was happening during that time.
    if you put a ticket in in the store, i'd def call support and make sure it's there.
    Went into the store Friday afternoon and they sales reps knew what the problem was immediately.. Just hit the phone (green button) > options > smart dialing > country code +1 > National Number > Use "1" Yes > Local Country Code "United State (1)

and your done...

on a different note..

I left the curve, went to the Hero, and now back with a Tour.. at this point the only thing that keeps me from leaving bberry is the bbm. The speed is horrible, especially going to the net. To me it seems this tour is slower than my curve was. GPS is a joke, it does not compare to Hero's gps.. and yes I was using google maps. Am i missing something on the gps and browsing speed?
    11-23-09 09:23 AM
    Went into the store Friday afternoon and they sales reps knew what the problem was immediately.. Just hit the phone (green button) > options > smart dialing > country code +1 > National Number > Use "1" Yes > Local Country Code "United State (1)

and your done...

on a different note..

I left the curve, went to the Hero, and now back with a Tour.. at this point the only thing that keeps me from leaving bberry is the bbm. The speed is horrible, especially going to the net. To me it seems this tour is slower than my curve was. GPS is a joke, it does not compare to Hero's gps.. and yes I was using google maps. Am i missing something on the gps and browsing speed?

do your gps settings look like this?

and your data is faster on the tour because its EVDO Rev A, the curve is EVDO rev 0
    11-23-09 09:56 AM
    do your gps settings look like this?

and your data is faster on the tour because its EVDO Rev A, the curve is EVDO rev 0
    Yes it does
    11-23-09 11:13 AM
    If your runnin google maps and want your exact gps location you have to run BlackBerry maps first, let it lock on and then launch google maps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-09 11:19 AM
    also, do you have 1X or 1XEV?
    11-23-09 01:06 PM
    I have 1xev.. but why should I have to run two apps just to get one to work?
    11-23-09 04:23 PM
    If its 1xev your having problems with your data if you have 1XEV you should be ok. And that's just how google maps works.

11-23-09 04:43 PM
    I'm not sure if this fixed out texting issue or not. I didn't try to send a text before making the change. But after trying it I put back the settings and still could text.

However friday night I was trying to call my wife from my contacts and kept getting a fast busy signal. I tried several other contacts and got the same result. I tried manually dialing the number and it connected just fine. I figured something must have gotten screwed up going from my curve to the tour and then on to OS 5.0. Anyway after following the above suggestion my contacts phone numbers work now. Specifically it was my country code that was set to +60. Have to wonder with all these messed up setting was RIM just trying to keep us busy? LOL!!!
    11-23-09 05:05 PM
    If its 1xev your having problems with your data if you have 1XEV you should be ok. And that's just how google maps works.

Sorry that should have been 1XEV in all caps.
    11-24-09 07:59 AM
    since your in brandon and should have good service, you may want to drop by the local store when you can and ask. My browsing speed is quite nice as well as all the other tour owners on here
    11-24-09 09:25 AM
    I'm not sure if this fixed out texting issue or not. I didn't try to send a text before making the change. But after trying it I put back the settings and still could text.

However friday night I was trying to call my wife from my contacts and kept getting a fast busy signal. I tried several other contacts and got the same result. I tried manually dialing the number and it connected just fine. I figured something must have gotten screwed up going from my curve to the tour and then on to OS 5.0. Anyway after following the above suggestion my contacts phone numbers work now. Specifically it was my country code that was set to +60. Have to wonder with all these messed up setting was RIM just trying to keep us busy? LOL!!!
    I'm not sure if this 100% fixed or caused the problem. I haven't touched any of those settings on my device and the problem just randomly started happening. It also randomly stopped after I get the text from Csouth asking if it was fixed. I'm thinking it was 1) a network issue and 2) limited to the Tour. My sister (Pearl Flip) and newphew (8330) could text just fine during that same time.
    11-24-09 01:06 PM
    So yall that love ur Tour, do u think its worth me paying full price for? I'm not ready for a upgrade and none are available on ebay yet. Thx in advance.

11-24-09 03:47 PM
    What's your current device? And when can you upgrade?

11-24-09 04:12 PM
    What's your current device? And when can you upgrade?

8330 and with my husband being military we want our contracts to expire and go month to month. That's why I'm avoiding upgrade because we never know when we're gonna move.

11-24-09 04:20 PM
    I changed from the 8830 WE, but the only difference between Tour and curve are more memory for apps, faster performance, the internet is a lot faster because the tour is has the newer EVDO technology, and the. 3.2MP camera and the screen is high resolution...

11-24-09 04:25 PM
    So yall that love ur Tour, do u think its worth me paying full price for? I'm not ready for a upgrade and none are available on ebay yet. Thx in advance.

I paid full price for my 8330 and if I hadn't been due for my contract renewal I would have paid full price for my 9630.
    11-24-09 04:31 PM
    ATTN: Tour and Curve are both buy one get one free for next 5 days. Netbook is 99
    11-26-09 09:33 AM
    Anyone else use the predictive text on the tour or is that just a 5.0 thing?
    11-27-09 10:13 AM
    I think its just a 5.0 thing. I used it for a little bit but it got annoying

11-27-09 10:49 AM
    Yeah I looked on a friend's tour and it doesn't have it, so just 5.0 I kind of like it though. Its alot more accurate on a phone with a full keyboard.
    11-27-09 12:39 PM
487 ... 17181920
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD