Just a little update on the hybrid. Battery life my suffer a little, I'm not sure I used my phone a LOT today cuz work was slow. Hour long phone call, lots of im's, etc. There might be a small memory leak too. Lost about 20 megs through out the day. Hardly noticeable when you got 120megs free though.
    i'm yet to be impressed with the battery though a friend reminded me that i'm probably "playing" more. on the memory, after installing the hybrid and loading about 20MB of 3rd party apps, i'm sitting at 99MB right at this moment. and i was out of my office most of the evening so i've been relying on it for web and email. let's keep monitoring.
    11-05-09 07:41 PM
    i'm yet to be impressed with the battery though a friend reminded me that i'm probably "playing" more. on the memory, after installing the hybrid and loading about 20MB of 3rd party apps, i'm sitting at 99MB right at this moment. and i was out of my office most of the evening so i've been relying on it for web and email. let's keep monitoring.
    Yeah I've been killing the battery all day lol. So that might not really be an issue as far as worse battery life. Just the memory leak I'm watching. I'm surprised you found 20mb of apps worth having lol. I put gpsed on it and I have 116mb free at the moment.
    11-05-09 07:51 PM
    Yeah I've been killing the battery all day lol. So that might not really be an issue as far as worse battery life. Just the memory leak I'm watching. I'm surprised you found 20mb of apps worth having lol. I put gpsed on it and I have 116mb free at the moment.
    11.6MB to be exact. and here they are:

actionpad, AddToContact, AppListing, AutoStandby, bbOSalert, berrypopup, BerryUnitConverter, Bible, com_emacberry_FileScout,CrackBerry, dictionary, FancyChar, ForceRadioOn, ForwardWithEditV1, GoogleMail, GoogleMaps, GoogleSync, HippoMobile, LEDReset, messageschedule
    MobileBanking9630,OntoCalendar, Poynt, QuickLaunh, QuickText, Sensobi;Sensobi, Shazam, SmartBCalendar, snaptu, SocialScope, SuperPages, TipCalcBB, trackittimezone, txtforward, weather
    11-06-09 03:10 PM
    Well I pulled the battery last night. Ran all day without losing any memory still got 55% battery after work. Didn't really use it a lot today. Point is I don't think there is worse battery life or a memory leak. That must have been an app issue yesterday. So seems pretty solid.
    11-06-09 06:37 PM
    If anyone else uses the hybrid be sure and update your prl everytime you reboot the phone. Mine isn't sticking after a reboot.
    11-10-09 10:44 AM
    If anyone else uses the hybrid be sure and update your prl everytime you reboot the phone. Mine isn't sticking after a reboot.
    Explain please? Not being a ****, but some might now know what that is.
    Last edited by mscooley; 11-10-09 at 10:48 AM.
    11-10-09 10:46 AM
    Got YouTube working!

go to m.youtube.com
    scroll to bottom of page.
    click "optimize"
    click "start optimization"
    test 1/7: click "yes" when you see the tiny grey heart
    test 2/7: click "yes" when you see the puppy
    test 3/7: click "no" when the flash lite video fails
    test 4/7: click "click here" when pressing "5" key does squat
    test 5/7: there is no test 5 for some reason - skip to test 6/7
    test 6/7: click "YES" - the test video WILL FAIL BUT CLICK "YES" ANYWAY
    test 7/7: click "no" - h.263 does not work

your videos should play now.
    11-10-09 02:28 PM
    Explain please? Not being a ****, but some might now know what that is.
    Sure not a problem. The prl in your phone is the preferred roaming list. That's what choosing the proper network for you. If you have the incorrect prl your phone might think your roaming and you could be charged roaming fees. Which with cell south I think the 50% thing applies there. To check it dial #4357* and scroll down to prl and see what it says. If its a 0 its not keeping it on the phone. So dial *228 to update the prl and check it again. That's what your prl should be. I don't know about your area if you would have a different prl or not but for me its suppose to be 10003. I don't know a fix for this to keep it after a reboot yet. I'll have to do some searching on the forums later when I have time since I'm at work right now.
    11-10-09 02:29 PM
    7.9 hybrid released, maybe thats a fix
    11-10-09 09:49 PM
    No the prl thing is still there. Although I'm not so sure it matters. I was prying into it with cdmaworkshop and it still shows the right prl in there despite the menu not showing it. So really I'm not sure if it matters or not.
    11-10-09 11:37 PM
    what changes have you noticed in the 7.9?
    11-11-09 07:52 AM
    Honestly I haven't noticed much of a difference. This version is suppose to have 176 .344 bold files in it. It does work good though. I got 125MB free after installing all my apps. No real memory leak. But the prl thing is suppose to be a bug in the 5.0 tour o.s. so no real fix for that yet. Just keep updating it with the *228 to be on the safe side.
    11-11-09 12:29 PM
    Honestly I haven't noticed much of a difference. This version is suppose to have 176 .344 bold files in it. It does work good though. I got 125MB free after installing all my apps. No real memory leak. But the prl thing is suppose to be a bug in the 5.0 tour o.s. so no real fix for that yet. Just keep updating it with the *228 to be on the safe side.
    Update:

Never mind. I just did *228 and attempted to send a text....no avail.

so would this possibly be the reason I'm getting "Error 96' when trying to send Sms's sometimes? Literally just started.
    11-11-09 04:42 PM
    Update:

so would this possibly be the reason I'm getting "Error 96' when trying to send Sms's sometimes? Literally just started.
    Did you wipe your phone when you loaded the hybrid on it? I haven't had any errors or anything, no problems with sms. Battery life seems a little better too.
    11-12-09 10:09 AM
    At this stage would you say 7.8 or 7.9 is better?
    11-12-09 02:28 PM
    I ran 7.6 without any problems. Ran 7.8 few a couple hours before 7.9 was released. For me 7.8 was laggy. 7.9 seems to run pretty good though. No real problems with it, all my apps work.
    11-12-09 03:45 PM
    I'm new to the whole hybrid OS scene. I did play with the leaked betas quite a bit though. What I'm not sure about though, is the hybrid the whole OS put together with other OS's files? Or is it just the files that I need to replace with in the original leaked OS?

Also the 7.9 I downloaded came with Shrink-A-Os. After I shrunk the OS I'm not sure if I need to move it to a different location to install on my BB. When I ran loader.exe it stated there was nothing to update.

STEP 4: RUN LOADER.EXE (FROM SHRINK-A-OS)
    - This will install the changed files
    - Make sure and check to back-up and restore applications and settings/etc.
    - NOTE that this step takes 15-30 minutes depending on amount of data to restore (15 minutes just for the load of updated files, another 15 minutes to restore the back-up created as part of the loader process.
    Edit: Oops missed that step.
    Last edited by Zannor; 11-12-09 at 04:23 PM.
    11-12-09 04:03 PM
    Nope that wasn't it. All I can think is that I must need 5.0.0.230 leaked also installed for it to work.
    11-12-09 04:30 PM
    Nope that wasn't it. All I can think is that I must need 5.0.0.230 leaked also installed for it to work.
    you're correct. you have to already have .230 installed. this is the base of the hybrid. install that then start you steps over.
    11-13-09 07:49 AM
    Update:

I'm still running 4.7 and I have this intermittent problem with texting. It's not all the time as I was able to send a text to my dad in california on saturday. But just tried to text three people all on different carriers and all got the error 96. I seem to get texts from twitter when kevin posts. Oddly enough while this is happening I can use bbm with no problem. Use to be the other way around.
    11-16-09 12:04 PM
    I'm still running 4.7 and I have this intermittent problem with texting. It's not all the time as I was able to send a text to my dad in california on saturday. But just tried to text three people all on different carriers and all got the error 96. I seem to get texts from twitter when kevin posts. Oddly enough while this is happening I can use bbm with no problem. Use to be the other way around.
    it's definitely a csouth issue. i put in a trouble ticket on Thursday and havent heard back even though they said i would in 48-72 hours. it's not happening as much but it's still a problem.
    11-16-09 12:30 PM
    Just had a trouble ticket put on my tour as well for the texting issue. I can receive and reply from a text but that is it.
    11-20-09 01:03 PM
    Just had a trouble ticket put on my tour as well for the texting issue. I can receive and reply from a text but that is it.
    yeah, they texted me earlier in the week asking if it was resolved. i replied and said yes for me but i know others that still had problems. btw, i think this is only with the Tour.
    11-20-09 01:14 PM
    While in the store yesterday I asked about this problem. The rep said that the next time it happened to note the date and time so that when they submit a ticket they can go back and see what was happening during that time.
    11-20-09 01:20 PM
    While in the store yesterday I asked about this problem. The rep said that the next time it happened to note the date and time so that when they submit a ticket they can go back and see what was happening during that time.
    if you put a ticket in in the store, i'd def call support and make sure it's there.
    11-20-09 01:58 PM
487 ... 1617181920
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD