The problem with yahoo email is a limitation of yahoo. Their service has always been that way. I don't have a yahoo account, but I remember years ago, if you wanted to set up yahoo as a pop account in Outlook, you were required to purchase that 19.99 service. Stupid IMO. Anyway, like Cooley said earlier, lets not allow this thread to derail into a Hero thread.
    10-26-09 08:15 AM
    Well it really POs me that the Hero which was introduced on the discover center is available for per order and will definitely be out Nov 7, but the Tour which we all want still don't have a release date set and seems to be slid to the back burner cause all they promote is the damned Hero!
    Cell south needs to quit pushing a certain smart phone and give people what they want. My aunt is thinking of upgrading to a smart phone to make her and her husbands bill cheaper woth the new smart phone plan! They keep telling her she needs a Hero and me telling them that she is not computer literate at all and touchscreen will be way too complex for her.
    Then they told her don't worry they will train her how to use it. I asked them if they gonna drive their **** to her house at 7PM cause the phone done did something she can't reverse? He said no age will have to call customer service to walk her threw it. She asked me why I couldn't do it? I told her point blank if she don't get a BB or Samsung which I recommended, that I refuse to touch a HTC devise.
    They need to give people phones that they can work easily without a book and personal trainer. Her husband is heting one and thinks I will solve all his problems I told him I won't buy he don't believe me. I WILL NOT TOUCH A HERO FOR ANY OF MY FAMILY! I have done warned them!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 11:31 AM
    so the Hero is coming on the 7th? this could mean the Tour on the 7th too. i say this because the last time i asked a trusty friend of mine, he said that they both were to be released the same day. if this is true, yet again, WHY push one and not the other?
    10-26-09 11:35 AM
    I know, it's another case of Fantasy Release Dates™, but I'm getting Nov. 2 for the Hero from 3 different CS employees, one of which is in the Android forum under "other platforms." One of these, a sr account rep, told me, "hopefully we'll see both on Nov. 2." Take it all with a grain of salt. He's been wrong a few times already.
    10-26-09 11:49 AM
    I know, it's another case of Fantasy Release Dates�, but I'm getting Nov. 2 for the Hero from 3 different CS employees, one of which is in the Android forum under "other platforms." One of these, a sr account rep, told me, "hopefully we'll see both on Nov. 2." Take it all with a grain of salt. He's been wrong a few times already.
    i love it how pmarshall avoided that same question on pinkstack regarding 11/2
    10-26-09 11:54 AM
    I don't blame PM for avoiding any answer on release dates, corporate is telling people one thing and the doing something else, I do hope we see the Tour very soon cause this is getting old quick.

10-26-09 03:38 PM
    I agree with Walkin'. You can't blame PM for not answering a release date question. Not only has CS changed the dates several times, but they also have restrictions on what their employees can tell people. Employees have to sign nondisclosure statements where they are not allowed to discuss anything the company does not want them to including release dates for devices. I don't blame PM for not directly answering. He is like the rest of us that have to work and provide a living for his family. Job security in the current economy is paramount! Getting ticked off because you don't have a release date!? Come on people. Seriously. I have waited to upgrade since April. I know waiting is tough. I have been doing it for over 6 months! This forum is getting old very quick. I have been reading it for several months. Here lately it seems that a few people are just being absolutely ridiculous. If you are having bad service, or paying way too much for your plans, that's one thing. But to constantly complain because of the release dates on devices. I love Crackberry and the CS forums, but all you read these days is negativity. Let's try and act civilized and try to make this forum into something that people can really get some knowledge out of instead using it as a gripe session. Just my opinion...

10-26-09 05:18 PM
    I agree with Walkin'. You can't blame PM for not answering a release date question. Not only has CS changed the dates several times, but they also have restrictions on what their employees can tell people. Employees have to sign nondisclosure statements where they are not allowed to discuss anything the company does not want them to including release dates for devices. I don't blame PM for not directly answering. He is like the rest of us that have to work and provide a living for his family. Job security in the current economy is paramount! Getting ticked off because you don't have a release date!? Come on people. Seriously. I have waited to upgrade since April. I know waiting is tough. I have been doing it for over 6 months! This forum is getting old very quick. I have been reading it for several months. Here lately it seems that a few people are just being absolutely ridiculous. If you are having bad service, or paying way too much for your plans, that's one thing. But to constantly complain because of the release dates on devices. I love Crackberry and the CS forums, but all you read these days is negativity. Let's try and act civilized and try to make this forum into something that people can really get some knowledge out of instead using it as a gripe session. Just my opinion...

Great points. Rgarding PM, again they (by "They" I mean any person in a position to rightly represent CSouth) need to be consistent. Look at some of the other forums he's posted/commented on. He's given dates for the Hero or projected dates rather.

Speaking of release dates, the release date is not the issue with the Tour; the underlying problem (in my opinion) is that the gun was shot before it was loaded. I've worked in the corporate sector long enough to know that you never promise to deliver UNLESS you know you can deliver. There's tons of other things that I could say here but I really need to keep it short. Nevertheless, you and I are both a part of this online community where we all can freely express our opinions...that's what's so great about it.
    10-26-09 07:21 PM
    You also have good points Cooley. PM is a device junky like the rest of us. He just happens to work at CS. He can only speak from what "they" (the company) tells him is ok to speak about. Yes, CS is excited about the Hero. It is a big step for them to release an Andriod device. Granted, it is not the Tour for which we all have been waiting for. I work in a management position for a major retailer. I know that delivery of certain goods is essential to the growth of a company. I also know that no company always deliver the product when they say they can. Issues with the suppliers, distribution centers, transit, or the products themselves can cause delays. Its not the stores fault, but they always seem to get the blame. I have had people at the store level to promise customers everything under the sun to make them happy and buy a little more time. It happens. This is a great forum, and the fact that everyone has an opinion is a wonderful thing. I am just hoping that we as a community can use this for more positive and helpful discussions.

10-26-09 08:59 PM
    You also have good points Cooley. PM is a device junky like the rest of us. He just happens to work at CS. He can only speak from what "they" (the company) tells him is ok to speak about. Yes, CS is excited about the Hero. It is a big step for them to release an Andriod device. Granted, it is not the Tour for which we all have been waiting for. I work in a management position for a major retailer. I know that delivery of certain goods is essential to the growth of a company. I also know that no company always deliver the product when they say they can. Issues with the suppliers, distribution centers, transit, or the products themselves can cause delays. Its not the stores fault, but they always seem to get the blame. I have had people at the store level to promise customers everything under the sun to make them happy and buy a little more time. It happens. This is a great forum, and the fact that everyone has an opinion is a wonderful thing. I am just hoping that we as a community can use this for more positive and helpful discussions.

csouth's growth has been largely due to their transparency and openess to customers. their co culture embraces moral. btw, you're talking to one of their biggest supporters (trust me on this) and i do mean biggest. i haven't said anything here that i wont say to several people i know at cellsouth corp or several CLOSE friends that are AEs throughout MS. as a matter of fact, you know how csouth knew that they'd made the crackberry.com homepage for the first time.....it's because I called corp and emailed and told them and guess what...they marketed it big time on their website. could not have made me prouder. so again, i support them. their former customer advocated contacted several people from this forum a couple of months ago...not fuss or warn us BUT to thank us for our honesty and see how he could assist. To this day, everything that he openly and honestly said has been all truth. it wasn't that hard to gain and maintain our respect. see its not that we're negative here, but we are rather vocal here because this is our space. and if PM or anyone else doesn't like what they read here or can't take the open constructive criticism, then maybe they need to consider a role change and stop social networking all day. everything you said about delays, i totally agree with you.
    Last edited by mscooley; 10-26-09 at 09:22 PM.
    10-26-09 09:19 PM
    If our Tour is as good as Sprints and VZW's we should enjoy it and it will be well worth the wait. After reading reviews and comments I think it was in OUR best interest that the Tour has been delayed. There is nothing worse than getting a brand new piece of crap.

10-26-09 09:22 PM
    "its not that we're negative here, but we are rather vocal here because this is our space. and if PM or anyone else doesn't like what they read here or can't take the open constructive criticism, then maybe they need to consider a role change and stop social networking all day."

I understand having a space and voice. I am all in favor of that. Why are you being so hostile about PM or anyone else that doesn't share your views? There is no reason to the above comments. This is America and we have the right to disagree. That's what makes this a great place. These last few posts have to do with ME being a member of this community and not appreciating all the negativity. Nothing more, nothing less. I am glad that you have all these "friends" with CS. You should feel so very special. But really who cares? Have your "contacts" enabled you to be special enough to get the Tour early? Didn't think so. Just because you do have these "contacts" gives you no right to suggest that someone else should have a "role" change if they don't agree with you. PM has not responded to any of these last few posts, and you were WRONG to bring him into this. Its people like you that turn these type of forums into a bunch of posts about absolutely nothing.

I apologize to everyone for disrupting this thread. This was not my intention to get it off topic. I was only using our space to voice my opinion as Cooley does. You have the right to disagree with me without me getting all nasty with you telling you all to get a role change. That will never happen with me.

10-26-09 10:00 PM
    "its not that we're negative here, but we are rather vocal here because this is our space. and if PM or anyone else doesn't like what they read here or can't take the open constructive criticism, then maybe they need to consider a role change and stop social networking all day."

I understand having a space and voice. I am all in favor of that. Why are you being so hostile about PM or anyone else that doesn't share your views? There is no reason to the above comments. This is America and we have the right to disagree. That's what makes this a great place. These last few posts have to do with ME being a member of this community and not appreciating all the negativity. Nothing more, nothing less. I am glad that you have all these "friends" with CS. You should feel so very special. But really who cares? Have your "contacts" enabled you to be special enough to get the Tour early? Didn't think so. Just because you do have these "contacts" gives you no right to suggest that someone else should have a "role" change if they don't agree with you. PM has not responded to any of these last few posts, and you were WRONG to bring him into this. Its people like you that turn these type of forums into a bunch of posts about absolutely nothing.

I apologize to everyone for disrupting this thread. This was not my intention to get it off topic. I was only using our space to voice my opinion as Cooley does. You have the right to disagree with me without me getting all nasty with you telling you all to get a role change. That will never happen with me.

thank you for sharing your comments in this space. it's much appreciated and well received. and now back to the Tour....
    10-26-09 10:17 PM

Ok, so first things first, dmchance: if you are quoting some1 in the beginning of this thread my post is to that person and not to you. I tried to find a post containing that text but I got a little bit impatient. And +50 points to all of you that i see "Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com" at the end of mile long posts, you have much more patience than me. If any mod is reading this thread many of us have had issues loggin in to post the last day or two. Now on to business. This thread is supposed to be about the BlackBerry Tour. Yes, everyone has expressed their views and opinions about the release date on it and the Hero. It seems that everyone and their brother, sister, cousin, and aunt supposedly has a Cellular South contact. Great for you. Now I do know pmarshall and he is a pretty dang cool guy. He also is the only Cellular South person that I have seen on here or pinstack that will actually answer any questions that he is allowed to. Its great if you don't share his opinions or if you hear different release dates or such, but please do not back up your facts by saying someone told you. For all any of you know I could be a Cellular South rep myself. So please stop the high school rants about "Its my opinion and I'm entitled to it." Come on people we're all adults on here and should condone ourselves like such. With all of this being said you will see considerably less and less of my posts in this CrackBerry forum section because of such posts. I know that everyone is upset and in discontent about the release date. We all are!!! But with that in mind lets try to keep the threads and discussions on track with the topic subject.
    10-26-09 10:55 PM
    This was the sales rep selling line to my uncle.
    "the hero is so close to an iphone that it is selling itself"
    My uncle asked"well I won't get this and yall get the iphone a few months later?"
    Sales rep,"iphone will not make a version that will work on our network, so we won't ever get it!"
    Now I have heard rumors of Verizon getting an iphone, so why can't cell south.
    Now get this the rep also sold my uncle on the USB laptop internet. The kicker is he promised my uncle that he would have internet "any where his phone could call out" he claimed that it does not work off the data feed like his blackberry and he will have internet service whereever he has phone signal.
    Now the killer, my uncle has a house in Arkansas where there is no data for cellular south or Verizon he just can call out so he thinks he will have good internet service with cellular south at that house. We argued for 30 minutes over cell south 3G internet. He stands with what the rep says that internet is not data it comes from phone service and I am steady telling him 3G is days feed.
    Now how pissed is my uncle gonna be when he gets to his other house and has no internet service lol!
    Sorry this strays from the Tour but it points out how little the sales reps know about the products they sell! Why would anyone take advice on which phone to buy from a total *****!

10-26-09 11:05 PM
    Ok, so first things first, dmchance: if you are quoting some1 in the beginning of this thread my post is to that person and not to you. I tried to find a post containing that text but I got a little bit impatient. And +50 points to all of you that i see "Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com" at the end of mile long posts, you have much more patience than me. If any mod is reading this thread many of us have had issues loggin in to post the last day or two. Now on to business. This thread is supposed to be about the BlackBerry Tour. Yes, everyone has expressed their views and opinions about the release date on it and the Hero. It seems that everyone and their brother, sister, cousin, and aunt supposedly has a Cellular South contact. Great for you. Now I do know pmarshall and he is a pretty dang cool guy. He also is the only Cellular South person that I have seen on here or pinstack that will actually answer any questions that he is allowed to. Its great if you don't share his opinions or if you hear different release dates or such, but please do not back up your facts by saying someone told you. For all any of you know I could be a Cellular South rep myself. So please stop the high school rants about "Its my opinion and I'm entitled to it." Come on people we're all adults on here and should condone ourselves like such. With all of this being said you will see considerably less and less of my posts in this CrackBerry forum section because of such posts. I know that everyone is upset and in discontent about the release date. We all are!!! But with that in mind lets try to keep the threads and discussions on track with the topic subject.
    Thanks for reminding us Kyle. I appreciate you. Regarding your login issues...clear your cache. The forums were upgraded last weekend. That should get you fixed. Again, thnx!

10-26-09 11:12 PM
    "
    I understand having a space and voice. I am all in favor of that. Why are you being so hostile about PM or anyone else that doesn't share your views? There is no reason to the above comments. This is America and we have the right to disagree. That's what makes this a great place. These last few posts have to do with ME being a member of this community and not appreciating all the negativity.
    I respectfully disagree with everything said here. before you attack a member of these forums, try reading a few other post they have written, and not just get mad about one single post, as far as mscooley she brings more knowledge to the forums than opinions, but when necessary opinions come out. nobody is bashing pm, although as you can tell a lot of people are getting tired of Cell Souths loyalty to HTC.
    10-27-09 09:11 AM
    ...although as you can tell a lot of people are getting tired of Cell Souths loyalty to HTC.
    I'm actually tired of seeing ^ this ^... especially in this thread. In case any of you haven't noticed, the Hero is not out yet either. On top of that, Cellular South offers 3 HTC devices and 4 Blackberry devices. It's hard for me to see HTC loyalty. And if you're referring to the way they seem to be pushing the Hero, it's not HTC that everyone at Cellular South is excited about... it's Android. Check out any of the nationwide carriers and see what the buzz is with them. Like it or not, it's Android. True, it's not "better" for everyone, but, its new, inovative, and better for some. My point is, why is everyone so pissed off about the Hero just because they haven't released the Tour? Sorry for the off-topic, I know, I'm diverting the thread too.
    10-27-09 09:37 AM
    On top of that, Cellular South offers 3 HTC devices and 4 Blackberry devices.
    They only offer 3 now, the 8230B(Black flip), 8230P(Pink flip), 8330(Curve). In all reality is only 2 devices.
    10-27-09 09:54 AM
    They only offer 3 now, the 8230B(Black flip), 8230P(Pink flip), 8330(Curve). In all reality is only 2 devices.
    Ok, you got me. They've recently taken down the Pearl 8130 and the WE 8830. I still don't see an HTC "loyalty". Actually, I don't think anyone can argue HTC hardware against Blackberry. I won't. We all know Blackberry hardware is top notch. Again, my point is, why be so negative about the Hero in this thread?
    10-27-09 10:05 AM
    I respectfully disagree with everything said here. before you attack a member of these forums, try reading a few other post they have written, and not just get mad about one single post
    It was not my intention to attack a member of this forum until a personal friend of mine was attacked. What mscooley said was completely out of line! Cooley initiated a personal attack on someone that doesn't read this forum, and was not in a position to respond. I took offense to that. I have read every single CS post on this forum. There are some very good members that do try to help. I am not denying that. What bothers me is the constant negativity I read every day. Plain and simple. If you don't like the way CS does things... Find another carrier! Its that easy. I am not going to waste any more time on this discussion or this forum. Best wishes to all and I hope you get what ever your prefered device is.

10-27-09 11:01 AM
    I would just like to say I love CSouth, but no tour yet and there is already a new version of the tour out today is a little upsetting!!! I mean dang, give a little CSouth! I am almost to the point of leaving CSouth when my contract is done for their limited BBerry choices, their slowness of releasing new BBerries, and their prices.
    10-27-09 12:27 PM
    I'm actually tired of seeing ^ this ^... especially in this thread. In case any of you haven't noticed, the Hero is not out yet either. On top of that, Cellular South offers 3 HTC devices and 4 Blackberry devices. It's hard for me to see HTC loyalty. And if you're referring to the way they seem to be pushing the Hero, it's not HTC that everyone at Cellular South is excited about... it's Android. Check out any of the nationwide carriers and see what the buzz is with them. Like it or not, it's Android. True, it's not "better" for everyone, but, its new, inovative, and better for some. My point is, why is everyone so pissed off about the Hero just because they haven't released the Tour? Sorry for the off-topic, I know, I'm diverting the thread too.
    well talk to cell-south about it, if you get someone to give you an honest answer you will see that they have contractual obligations with HTC. For reps to tell people that the Tour is not ready is complete garbage, I've heard many rumors the Tour was put on hold due to the HTC hero,(or their discover store app won't work with it) which doesn't surprise me.... and for the higher ups to say they are gonna launch the blackberry on the same day as the "hero" why might this be.....I'll let you decide....I don't wanna say something bad about your precious company....

It was not my intention to attack a member of this forum until a personal friend of mine was attacked. What mscooley said was completely out of line! Cooley initiated a personal attack on someone that doesn't read this forum, and was not in a position to respond. I took offense to that. I have read every single CS post on this forum. There are some very good members that do try to help. I am not denying that. What bothers me is the constant negativity I read every day. Plain and simple. If you don't like the way CS does things... Find another carrier! Its that easy. I am not going to waste any more time on this discussion or this forum. Best wishes to all and I hope you get what ever your prefered device is.

as far as constant negativity to me this all boils down to Cell South making announcements in August Tour coming soon, and then putting it back down to go after the android. I was the creator of this thread and huge cellsouth supporter before the Tour fiasco but they really stuck their foot in their mouth on this one.... do I bash Cell South daily....NO... I recommend a lot of my clients to go with them, but people that want the latest and greatest like myself, Cell South no longer fits the bill.....

on another note.....Android is great. but to me options are great too, and as far as I can tell, Big Red is gonna have a lot more android handsets in their line up than the single hero version. If you are thinking android I'd look at the Motorola coming out with Verizon seems to be spec'd out better than the hero and less locked down.....IMO.

Either way. There will always be people that don't agree. Does not mean you have to go crying about negativity, why not just a simple difference in opinion. and bashing Crackberry? really, every open social forum in the world has a few bad eggs. but I do challenge you to find a site with more knowledgeable people the next time you have a problem. I've seen a lot say "I'm done here," then come back and post the very next day.....is it really that bad.....no CrackBerry is the BEST!
    10-27-09 12:53 PM
    ....I don't wanna say something bad about your precious company....
    What does that mean? I don't really get it.
    10-27-09 01:03 PM
    This has probably been asked, but what is the most likely OS the Tour will be released with?
    10-27-09 01:10 PM
487 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD