Mscooley i def agree with you...a lil more comm from Coorp would be nice..i DEF agree...nicely said i might add. Then cust wouldnt have to ask us whom are last to know. haha
    10-15-09 03:14 PM
    One thing i do know...it WILL be here...better late than never...and bug free!
    10-15-09 03:15 PM
    Mscooley i def agree with you...a lil more comm from Coorp would be nice..i DEF agree...nicely said i might add. Then cust wouldnt have to ask us whom are last to know. haha
    im just saying it doesn't take much effort. we (customers) are csouth's biggest marketing tool, especially with it being a southern based carrier. my 5 out of 5 friends i mentioned earlier.....3 of them didn't switch because of the tour. they switched because they were 6 year customers and treated poorly at the counter.
    10-15-09 03:17 PM
    One thing i do know...it WILL be here...better late than never...and bug free!
    cool. i just think the whistle was blown before the call. simply put. thank you, pmarshall. your honesty and openness to communicate has done wonders. much appreciated.
    10-15-09 03:20 PM
    cool. i just think the whistle was blown before the call. simply put. thank you, pmarshall. your honesty and openness to communicate has done wonders. much appreciated.

No problem...anytime mscooley! thanks for the kind words. Be patient its comming.
    10-15-09 03:42 PM
    I agree with mscooley. Communication is the key, but it has to be honest communication. The Tour is not the issue. The issue is all the missed communication. Like she said all the front line rhetoric we get as customers. The worst is when a custome knows what he/she wants and goes to the local store to find it. What they run into are reps who really don't know what they are talking about so they tell the customer whatever. The customer leaves expecting the device to perform certain ways and it doesn't The customer goes back and a diffferent person tells them something totally different but makes no effort to take care of the customer. I was told the best phone was the 8830 and that it would do all this amazing stuff. However, it was never mentioned to me that memory was a factor. At the time I didn't know anything about os upgrades and how to free up memory. My wife went to a different store where the manager personally took the time to explain that stuff and gave her printouts on how to maintain her blackberry. She chose the pearl because of that info and has had a far better experience than I have. Now she is in a curve and loving blackberry even more. I have considered leaving cellsouth not because of the 8830 or the Tour being delayed. I may vent frustrations but in the end it is the poor customer service I got. If it had not been for finding people like pmarshall to be open and honest I think I would be one of those that jumped ship after over ten years with cellsouth. Ok I think i have ranted enough this morning. I anxiously await the Hero and the Tour. And really hope the issues get worked out and cellsouth can take the time to take care of the customers better.
    10-16-09 08:02 AM
    has anyone noticed that the creator of this thread was a die hard cellsouth fan, but look at who his carrier is now? the big V. AND look what device he has. i'd be interested to see what made him switch.
    10-16-09 09:21 AM
    I bet the switch was made due to impatience. Maybe a bit of aggrevation with cellsouth. Im just excited that cellsouth is actually getting new phones that arent a year old. Of course the rate were going the Tour may be a year old by the time we get our hands on it. LOL!
    10-16-09 09:36 AM
    I def understand everyones point of views. With all the information on the web about Sprint and VZW Tours and the issues going on with them its pretty obvious csouth doesnt want to repeat that. I have a cs tour and its does have issues and we(csouth) are working with RIM for a resolution. Sprint recconized the issues and just what 2 or 3 days ago released a new OS update. I understand patience wearing thin and all that but id rather wait for a device thats ready and problem free than get something thats got issues...and im sure everyone else feels the same. Be a lil more patient...itw ill come.
    I have no issues with my Tour... and have had it for over a month. I find it hard to believe that is the reason it has not been released. Cell south has pushed out several versions of the 4.3 and 4.5 OS for the curve after it was released. Does that mean they released a phone that was not ready...no...This is a common thing with blackberry. No offense but this sounds more like a good "excuse" to give to customers rather than the real reason. I've heard so many different rumors from csouth people ranging from the discover store app doesn't work with the phone so that is why it got delayed to exclusives with HTC which makes total sense to me.

has anyone noticed that the creator of this thread was a die hard cellsouth fan, but look at who his carrier is now? the big V. AND look what device he has. i'd be interested to see what made him switch.
    I've been with Cellular South for a long time. I've convinced most of my friends to also come to what I considered to be one of the best Networks in Mississippi. I still think Cellular South is a good network. But I have to agree with MsCooley on the failures they have had lately with communicating with customers. The Tour delay was just the final straw for me. I'm not bashing them as a company, so no need to take offense but with phones getting smarter, I do need the network not to be locked down, which is one of the main things I like about Verizon, I never install a 3rd party app on their network that doesn't work, unlike cell south which this happened to me all the time on their network. Cell South needs to get their ducks in row
    10-16-09 12:16 PM
    I have no issues with my Tour... and have had it for over a month. I find it hard to believe that is the reason it has not been released. Cell south has pushed out several versions of the 4.3 and 4.5 OS for the curve after it was released. Does that mean they released a phone that was not ready...no...This is a common thing with blackberry. No offense but this sounds more like a good "excuse" to give to customers rather than the real reason. I've heard so many different rumors from csouth people ranging from the discover store app doesn't work with the phone so that is why it got delayed to exclusives with HTC which makes total sense to me.

I've been with Cellular South for a long time. I've convinced most of my friends to also come to what I considered to be one of the best Networks in Mississippi. I still think Cellular South is a good network. But I have to agree with MsCooley on the failures they have had lately with communicating with customers. The Tour delay was just the final straw for me. I'm not bashing them as a company, so no need to take offense but with phones getting smarter, I do need the network not to be locked down, which is one of the main things I like about Verizon, I never install a 3rd party app on their network that doesn't work, unlike cell south which this happened to me all the time on their network. Cell South needs to get their ducks in row
    well said. well said. i keep hearing 60% return rate on the Tours. HOWEVER that number pertains to July-August launch dates (when most carriers got them). that left all of Sept till now to make good on those units, and i know on the personal front that Verizon got theirs squared early September if not before then.

Ditto on the Discovery Center App not working and ditto on the contractual stuff which both came from very, very, very reliable sources
    10-16-09 12:58 PM
    Some of you know that I switched to VZW at the end of July, because I wanted a Tour. A day or two after I switched and was about to sacrifice by paying more for service, CS announced they were launching the Tour. I cancelled my service with VZW and have been patiently waiting for my Tour from CS. Did CS jump the gun by announcing something that was going to take a long time to put out? With Sprint and Verizon both being cdma carriers why can't CS get theirs right? If it wasn't for CS saving me money every month I would go right back to VZW right now and it may still be a good idea if I don't get what I want by Christmas.
    10-16-09 09:39 PM
    C south is BSin 2 much! I mean release the Tour or tell us they only promote other phones so we can find a BB backed carrier!
    I hear there is a Tour2 in the works that VZN should get next year called essex and it is more of what I want cause it has WiFi. The Storm2 is coming to VZN soon is Cellular South getting it. I really want a BB with WiFi so when I am at my inlaws and have ZERO data coverage there in Lake Village Arkansas I can connect to the WiFi router and keep my days streaming.
    I don't like how they limit BB. Other carriers have twice the devices in their line. Just because our service is cheaper is no reason to limit our devices. If BB won't give them enough free phones to make a huge profit on then charge a little more on the new BB at launch or find a company to pay better rebates on BB. We deserve to have the premium devices BB offers! 5 years ago BB was the only smart phone offered!
    Just my opinion but I am tired of delays when I have seen the Tour, played with it, talked to the tech about how good a BB it has been while he has been testing it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 11:46 AM
    C south is BSin 2 much! I mean release the Tour or tell us they only promote other phones so we can find a BB backed carrier!
    I hear there is a Tour2 in the works that VZN should get next year called essex and it is more of what I want cause it has WiFi. The Storm2 is coming to VZN soon is Cellular South getting it. I really want a BB with WiFi so when I am at my inlaws and have ZERO data coverage there in Lake Village Arkansas I can connect to the WiFi router and keep my days streaming.
    I don't like how they limit BB. Other carriers have twice the devices in their line. Just because our service is cheaper is no reason to limit our devices. If BB won't give them enough free phones to make a huge profit on then charge a little more on the new BB at launch or find a company to pay better rebates on BB. We deserve to have the premium devices BB offers! 5 years ago BB was the only smart phone offered!
    Just my opinion but I am tired of delays when I have seen the Tour, played with it, talked to the tech about how good a BB it has been while he has been testing it!

Preach, brother, preach.
    10-19-09 02:40 PM
    Wednesday is the reported date for the Tour to be released on CSouth...

Yes CSOUTH is behind on BBerry's but at least their coverage is better.. IMO
    Last edited by brokedaytonadriver; 10-19-09 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Sorry Wednesday
    10-19-09 03:28 PM
    Tomorrow is the reported date for the Tour to be released on CSouth...

Yes CSOUTH is behind on BBerry's but at least their coverage is better.. IMO
    brokedaytonadriver, source of information?
    10-19-09 03:29 PM
    Besides the topic here but, here's confirmed info on CSouth branching out into GA

Cellular South to Buy Corr Wireless (Phone Scoop)
    10-19-09 03:35 PM
    brokedaytonadriver, source of information?
    You're kidding right? Reveal a source?
    10-19-09 03:47 PM
    You're kidding right? Reveal a source?
    actually no. but give us a reason to believe that this is solid info.
    10-19-09 03:50 PM
    actually no. but give us a reason to believe that this is solid info.
    I agree, far to easy just to post something. Of course he doesnt owe us anything either I guess.
    10-19-09 04:56 PM
    Besides the topic here but, here's confirmed info on CSouth branching out into GA

Cellular South to Buy Corr Wireless (Phone Scoop)
    hmm, Corr offers the new curve. Wonder if csouth would get that too.

Wait, Corr, from what I can tell, offers the 8320 , that is GSM. what gives?
    10-19-09 04:57 PM
    hmm, Corr offers the new curve. Wonder if csouth would get that too.

Wait, Corr, from what I can tell, offers the 8320 , that is GSM. what gives?
    i know!!!! i started a new thread so we wouldn't hijack this one. but you are 100% correct. they are a GSM carrier.
    10-19-09 05:00 PM
    I wish cell south would go GSM I miss SIM cards. Plus BB comes out on GSM way before CDMA so maybe they will beef up the BB market. Plus we could keep 3 or 4 BBs and switch as our mood changed! They could make more off of us that way cause we could pay full price for a new BB and change without them programming it. GO GSM!

10-19-09 06:24 PM
    Why is everyone hating on the Hero? Android looks like a very nice OS. Honestly, a lot better than any BlackBerry OS. Every new BlackBerry just has a few insignificant changes.. Pretty lame.. Yall should go check out the video on the Hero, I bet it would change a lot of yall's minds. The Tour is just a beefed up, faster Curve.. Nothing really all that new.

10-19-09 07:42 PM
    Why is everyone hating on the Hero? Android looks like a very nice OS. Honestly, a lot better than any BlackBerry OS. Every new BlackBerry just has a few insignificant changes.. Pretty lame.. Yall should go check out the video on the Hero, I bet it would change a lot of yall's minds. The Tour is just a beefed up, faster Curve.. Nothing really all that new.

well I hate to state the obvious but this is a blackberry site so we tend to love blackberrys.

But I will admit the hero is cool watch a review on the sprint one I just don't care for touch screen other than the storm.
    10-19-09 10:39 PM
    Some one silence phatboy5015 he must of stumblen in from the crack house! This is a BlackBerry user and abuser forum go find an android/hero forum and post there!
    I bet the hero can't take my 5 year old having an attention fit and throwing it across the room, slamming it into the door, and only the battery fall out.
    My 8130 did it 5 times my 8230 only once but BB does have a tough housing and good lcd. That is how the salesman sold my uncle on BB, he threw his personal phone across the store to show how tough they are.
    Yet that with an HTC, a hero , or any android phone are if it don't get a cracked screen ar busted housing.
    We promote and buy, discuss and follow BB because we are CrackBerry addicts!

10-19-09 10:42 PM
487 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD