Well I was in CS yesterday changing my plan down to 20 dollars because I moved to the iPhone because this damn tour just won't come out. I was advised that there is still no release date for the tour because there seems to be a lot of issues with it. The rep let me see his and showed me that for some reason if you look up a contact from the phonebook and hit send it didn't do anything. So yes I would say that there are still issues with the tour and until their worked out they won't release it. Now I saw all of this for myself no 2nd hand info. But we can still remain hopeful.
    10-13-09 11:38 AM
    Well I was in CS yesterday changing my plan down to 20 dollars because I moved to the iPhone because this damn tour just won't come out. I was advised that there is still no release date for the tour because there seems to be a lot of issues with it. The rep let me see his and showed me that for some reason if you look up a contact from the phonebook and hit send it didn't do anything. So yes I would say that there are still issues with the tour and until their worked out they won't release it. Now I saw all of this for myself no 2nd hand info. But we can still remain hopeful.
    don't doubt your info, but "oh p-shaw" on software issues. let's remember that these are the same devices that Verizon and Sprint both have released. CDMA devices. Devices that run the same OS's. I've had enough of the "blame it on the software" crap. I've had lengthy hands on with Verizon Tours and here recently among my friends, they have sold 5 for 5 perfect devices. I don't know the inside logistics of why the latest and greatest OSs aren't' loaded onto CSouth Tours, but it seems as if there's still no excuse. I hate to rant like this, but this has been going on since early July. Both Sprint and Verizon have worked out their Tour issues since and still made a timely release. Also remember that Csouth and Verizon are data partners so half of the work is already done. In the most respectful way that I can say, CSouth needs to stop hiding behind software issues and admit that it's likely contractual reasons with other vendors (HTC, etc) that's keeping them from pushing the Tour. As quoted on just about every single Csouth thread out there, "Just tell us the truth".

By the way, I have read this article. Analyst: 50 percent return rate for BlackBerry Tour | Phones | iPhone Central | Macworld It'd be tickled to see what the return rate was/is for September and Oct.
    Last edited by mscooley; 10-13-09 at 11:52 AM.
    10-13-09 11:47 AM
    GOOD NEWS PEOPLE...
    Software For BlackBerry� Tour (TM) 9630 smartphone BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.7.1.110 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.7.1.110
    Consisting of:
    • Applications: 4.7.1.57
    • Software Platform: 4.1.0.70
    • File name: 9630AMEA_PBr4.7.1_rel110_PL4.1.0.70_A4.7.1.57_Cell ular_South.exe
    • File size: 102.16MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

10-13-09 10:06 PM
    GOOD NEWS PEOPLE...
    So... what does this mean?
    10-13-09 10:10 PM
    So... what does this mean?
    when the 8230 poped up on the device software list it was about 2 weeks until release.. might be the same case with the tour
    10-13-09 10:16 PM
    when the 8230 poped up on the device software list it was about 2 weeks until release.. might be the same case with the tour
    Well I hope you're right about the time frame. I upgraded to the 8230 on Saturday because the rep I spoke with said December for the Tour. I have 30 days to switch phones according to her. Gonna be a bit peeved if that rep was wrong and I miss out on getting a tour by a few days...
    10-13-09 10:20 PM
    Well I hope you're right about the time frame. I upgraded to the 8230 on Saturday because the rep I spoke with said December for the Tour. I have 30 days to switch phones according to her. Gonna be a bit peeved if that rep was wrong and I miss out on getting a tour by a few days...
    well thats just my views on it... thats what happend with the 8230, maybe it'll happen in this case also
    10-13-09 10:21 PM
    Would any cs user let me know the fee to break the contract. I AM OVER CELLULAR SOUTH!
    Last edited by tmbxi; 10-14-09 at 03:17 AM.
    10-14-09 02:39 AM
    Would any cs user let me know the fee to break the contract. I AM OVER CELLULAR SOUTH!
    normally $200.00
    10-14-09 07:56 AM
    GOOD NEWS PEOPLE...
    Nice find, Kyle!
    10-14-09 08:08 AM
    $175/per line.
    10-14-09 08:09 AM
    $175/per line.
    I got the most firm response! Kathy Miller, Satisfaction Analist, tells me the Tour will be released in November.
    10-15-09 02:48 AM
    That is..."Sometime in November!"
    10-15-09 02:52 AM
    And in November will we be waiting on December?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-09 04:18 AM
    I got the most firm response! Kathy Miller, Satisfaction Analist, tells me the Tour will be released in November.
    with all due respect. november has 30 days just as july had 31. july being the first month the Tour was to be expected.
    10-15-09 08:00 AM
    I agree with you Mscooley. CSouth seems to be dangling that carrot a little too often. I say once again that the plans can't be beaten and while I wouldn't presume to speak for others, that is the ONLY reason I haven't jumped ship yet. Now I'm hearing the Essex will be out probably before we get the Tour which means it will be outdated when/IF we get it? Not to rant here folks, but really, if I WANTED HTC's newest whatchucallit, i would walk into the bloody store and BUY it. It does no good to have a kick _ss plan if your phone is practically prehistoric.
    Wow. That was a little more than 2 cents, huh?
    10-15-09 11:33 AM
    I agree with you Mscooley. CSouth seems to be dangling that carrot a little too often. I say once again that the plans can't be beaten and while I wouldn't presume to speak for others, that is the ONLY reason I haven't jumped ship yet. Now I'm hearing the Essex will be out probably before we get the Tour which means it will be outdated when/IF we get it? Not to rant here folks, but really, if I WANTED HTC's newest whatchucallit, i would walk into the bloody store and BUY it. It does no good to have a kick _ss plan if your phone is practically prehistoric.
    Wow. That was a little more than 2 cents, huh?
    i concur. im all about honesty and hate to be lied to. i'd have far more respect for csouth if they:

1. had consistent responses across the board meaning from all of their AE's, store reps, etc

2. admit that if the delay is for contractual reasons on other devices, just say that. if not, and it's actually rim who's the blame, be consistent and just say that.

it's not hard to be honest with your customers. id accept a late tour because of the truth any day over a later tour based on lies.
    10-15-09 11:37 AM
    Really?? so negative...people wanting to leave csouth for a phone thats not ready to be released yet? So negative here...my last post in CB thats for sure...
    10-15-09 02:45 PM
    Really?? so negative...people wanting to leave csouth for a phone thats not ready to be released yet? So negative here...my last post in CB thats for sure...
    pmarshall, negativity is not what's driving this thread at all. if you go back and read through this thread and every thread for the matter, you yourself will see the inconsistencies. i don't think there is a greater supporter of csouth than me, and i have no problems with the corporate office, but i do have problems with the front line (customer service, store reps, etc) that all present different stories. csouth's customer based was grown on loyalty and honesty....well the front line is distorting that view greatly. my post simply said, be honest. don't hide behind rim. don't shove other devices in the faces of those that obviously want rim products......just answer questions honestly and well.....be honest.

people leaving csouth is not based on the phones alone, but rather the service and by service I mean customer service.
    10-15-09 02:50 PM
    pmarshall, negativity is not what's driving this thread at all. if you go back and read through this thread and every thread for the matter, you yourself will see the inconsistencies. i don't think there is a greater supporter of csouth than me, and i have no problems with the corporate office, but i do have problems with the front line (customer service, store reps, etc) that all present different stories. csouth's customer based was grown on loyalty and honesty....well the front line is distorting that view greatly. my post simply said, be honest. don't hide behind rim. don't shove other devices in the faces of those that obviously want rim products......just answer questions honestly and well.....be honest.

people leaving csouth is not based on the phones alone, but rather the service and by service I mean customer service.

I def understand everyones point of views. With all the information on the web about Sprint and VZW Tours and the issues going on with them its pretty obvious csouth doesnt want to repeat that. I have a cs tour and its does have issues and we(csouth) are working with RIM for a resolution. Sprint recconized the issues and just what 2 or 3 days ago released a new OS update. I understand patience wearing thin and all that but id rather wait for a device thats ready and problem free than get something thats got issues...and im sure everyone else feels the same. Be a lil more patient...itw ill come.
    10-15-09 02:59 PM
    i concur. im all about honesty and hate to be lied to. i'd have far more respect for csouth if they:

1. had consistent responses across the board meaning from all of their AE's, store reps, etc

2. admit that if the delay is for contractual reasons on other devices, just say that. if not, and it's actually rim who's the blame, be consistent and just say that.

it's not hard to be honest with your customers. id accept a late tour because of the truth any day over a later tour based on lies.

How do you think we feel?? us on the front line thats being told stuff that we tell you...its quite frusterating to us too. Customeres come in..we say what we are told and bam..something new the next day and the customer comes in...we have to tell them sorry its been puched back..so i feel you as a consumer..thats for sure.
    10-15-09 03:04 PM
    I def understand everyones point of views. With all the information on the web about Sprint and VZW Tours and the issues going on with them its pretty obvious csouth doesnt want to repeat that. I have a cs tour and its does have issues and we(csouth) are working with RIM for a resolution. Sprint recconized the issues and just what 2 or 3 days ago released a new OS update. I understand patience wearing thin and all that but id rather wait for a device thats ready and problem free than get something thats got issues...and im sure everyone else feels the same. Be a lil more patient...itw ill come.
    i can respect an honest answer. we all can. now call everything single store on the coast, in the Delta, in Grenada and a few other locations and relay this same information. as i said earlier, i probably know more people at corp than you do and know them personally - from Charles in HR on up. They are truly great people. it's the front line that's stripping csouth's credibility. a simple post on twitter, facebook, online panel or other outlets stating what you just said, would have prevented a lot of lost customers and increased patience for those of us that have chosen to remain customers.
    10-15-09 03:04 PM
    How do you think we feel?? us on the front line thats being told stuff that we tell you...its quite frusterating to us too. Customeres come in..we say what we are told and bam..something new the next day and the customer comes in...we have to tell them sorry its been puched back..so i feel you as a consumer..thats for sure.
    the solution is called internal communications coupled with strategy. "sorry it's been pushed back is "blanket"....say why. communicate via email or whatever before they come back and explain. make them feel that you actually care about their device choice and truthfully want to keep them up on the latest. i get emails from csouth everyday. if youre gonna reach out, make it meaningful. im 10+ deep in IT, and making people feel involved goes a long way.
    10-15-09 03:08 PM
    i can respect an honest answer. we all can. now call everything single store on the coast, in the Delta, in Grenada and a few other locations and relay this same information. as i said earlier, i probably know more people at corp than you do and know them personally - from Charles in HR on up. They are truly great people. it's the front line that's stripping csouth's credibility. a simple post on twitter, facebook, online panel or other outlets stating what you just said, would have prevented a lot of lost customers and increased patience for those of us that have chosen to remain customers.
    My 2c on the whole online panel thing has been a joke... I think i've taken 3 survey's since ive been on it and the last one was about 6 months ago... I can see why CS wouldn't want to sell any phone with a faulty OS.. whether it be RIM, HTC, or any other phone for that matter... Someone(not meaning anyone specifically) who tells the "front line" as y'all have called it need to get some facts straight.. lol
    10-15-09 03:08 PM
    My 2c on the whole online panel thing has been a joke... I think i've taken 3 survey's since ive been on it and the last one was about 6 months ago... I can see why CS wouldn't want to sell any phone with a faulty OS.. whether it be RIM, HTC, or any other phone for that matter... Someone(not meaning anyone specifically) who tells the "front line" as y'all have called it need to get some facts straight.. lol
    yeah the online panel never mentioned Blackberry devices. only surveys on naming moto and htc devices.
    10-15-09 03:14 PM
487 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD