I just spoke with a co-worker who has a friend that works at the local CSouth store. The tour should be out the 21st.
    10-07-09 10:20 AM
    sweet, my charging port just started acting up a day or so ago on my WE so thats good news
    10-07-09 10:24 AM
    Man, I HOPE that's true. I'm trying desperately to keep myself from buying a replacement but this charger port thing is a serious pain. I'd just hate to buy something and then the Tour comes out 2 days later. I have another 8830 for work so I keep swapping batteries between the two. Fingers crossed.................
    10-07-09 10:53 AM
    I talked to my rep yesterday and he stopped me from getting a curve. He reaffirmed that the Tour would be coming out on the 21st. Finally we've got some consistency. I'm in Starkville.
    10-07-09 12:41 PM
    So is anybody going to wait and see what we get next. I am hoping we see the storm 2 sometime next year and would hate to waste my upgrade on the tour.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-09 01:11 PM
    Man, I HOPE that's true. I'm trying desperately to keep myself from buying a replacement but this charger port thing is a serious pain. I'd just hate to buy something and then the Tour comes out 2 days later. I have another 8830 for work so I keep swapping batteries between the two. Fingers crossed.................
    i feel your pain, mine just started messing up 2 days ago
    10-07-09 08:25 PM
    i feel your pain, mine just started messing up 2 days ago
    it's solid.....
    10-07-09 08:27 PM
    I will gladly use my upgrade on the Tour. It will be my birthday present to myself
    10-07-09 11:09 PM
    It'll be my previous b-day present, as well as an early Christmas one too!
    10-07-09 11:26 PM
    i hope that the tour comes out soon because my pearl has had it. the ball popped out and it rings when it wants to. i don't know how much longer i can deal with this. my sister has the touch pro and i hate it. i was so close to getting that phone due to the problems i'm having with mine. but since i've had time to play with her phone, i know to wait. with that said, i know i'm probably not gonna like the hero. i am so turned off of touch phones due to the pro! so hearing the tour is coming out is music to my ears. i just hope it's at a reasonable price...like 150. lol. whenever i call or go to my local store (clarksdale), no one "knows" anything.
    10-08-09 12:10 PM
    i hope that the tour comes out soon because my pearl has had it. the ball popped out and it rings when it wants to. i don't know how much longer i can deal with this. my sister has the touch pro and i hate it. i was so close to getting that phone due to the problems i'm having with mine. but since i've had time to play with her phone, i know to wait. with that said, i know i'm probably not gonna like the hero. i am so turned off of touch phones due to the pro! so hearing the tour is coming out is music to my ears. i just hope it's at a reasonable price...like 150. lol. whenever i call or go to my local store (clarksdale), no one "knows" anything.
    Talk is Oct 21... Don't hold your breath though
    10-08-09 04:00 PM
    My source told me today that Cellular South is really pushing to get the Hero released because of all of the Android buzz, and putting the Tour on the back burner while they work out the trackball issue and one other software glitch. They still didn't indicate a date for the Tour release, but mentioned the Hero would be out on Nov 12. I hope that doesn't mean it will be after that. I have a few employees that are wanting/needing to get the Tour ASAP.
    10-08-09 11:51 PM
    Oh, forgot to add this. This same ASR person said that when the Hero is released it will be $99.00 after a mail in rebate. Also stated that in November, cellsouth will be adding a new smartphone plan. It will be a family share plan. Said the first phone will be $80 a month and the second $40 a month. Only other details was that both phones would have unlimited talk and unlimited data. I am skeptical and will just have to wait and see if this is for real or not.
    A friend who works for CS told me about this last week. But he still says he doesn't know when the Tour is coming out.
    10-09-09 09:39 AM
    I will gladly use my upgrade on the Tour. It will be my birthday present to myself
    I've been waiting to use my upgrade on the Tour since I was eligible in August. I'm not a patient person, and I'm getting antsy! I really hope it comes out this month.
    10-09-09 09:47 AM
    My source told me today that Cellular South is really pushing to get the Hero released because of all of the Android buzz, and putting the Tour on the back burner while they work out the trackball issue and one other software glitch. They still didn't indicate a date for the Tour release, but mentioned the Hero would be out on Nov 12. I hope that doesn't mean it will be after that. I have a few employees that are wanting/needing to get the Tour ASAP.
    The main problem they are having is random reboots.. According to a friend that works for CS and is testing the Tour, he hasn't had any trackball issues. Only software ones. They are working with RIM to get it fixed. I still think the Hero will be released before the Tour though.

10-10-09 07:33 AM
    I spoke to someone at CS a couple of days ago and they said the HERO is the big push right now because of the whole android thing. They tried to get me to pre-order it but, being that die hard Berry fanatic that I am.............. But just to prove I'm not completely unreasonable, I DID let them change me to the new unlimited plan. I told them our relationship was gonna suffer if I don't get a new phone Quik, but somehow I didn't feel the proper amount of fear when I said that
    10-10-09 02:00 PM
    So somebody please tell me what I heard this weekend is not true.

The tour will be $299 with 2 year contract?

That will be a deal breaker for me my wife would kill me if I spent $300 on a phone. Heck I might beat myself if I paid that much.

10-12-09 07:13 AM
    CS will probably jack the price up on the Tour so the Hero will sell more. Sprint and Verizon both started the Tour out around 250 dollars with some kind of rebate. Hopefully we won't have to pay more than that.
    10-12-09 08:06 AM
    CS will probably jack the price up on the Tour so the Hero will sell more. Sprint and Verizon both started the Tour out around 250 dollars with some kind of rebate. Hopefully we won't have to pay more than that.
    i heard a while back 249 with a $50 rebate....meaning 199. HOWEVER that was a while back....a while back. With my 8330 running 5.0 right now, not sure if even i would cough up $250-300 for the Tour with CSouth. If I'm going to pay that much, why not just change carriers and pay retail with Verizon
    10-12-09 08:13 AM
    I was in CS on Saturday and was told by the less-than-satisfactory representative that they're looking at December for the Tour (right before she told me that I should try the Hero and I told her I didn't want anything but a Berry). I went ahead and upgraded to the Pearl Flip. Been waiting since August, and I'm not going to have $300 in the middle of Christmas shopping to drop on a phone. =\ Too bad we can't get CS service and the phone selection of T-Mobile or Verizon.
    10-12-09 08:54 AM
    mscooley:
    any noticeable WOW with the hybrid? Anyway, I can't keep my 8830 running too much longer. The charger gets worse by the day, but it seems to work if i hold my tongue just so....... Is anybody really considering the Hero? I'm going by the Sprint store to look at it but BB is my first love. CS needs to perform a SERIOUS rectal-cranial extraction before the unwashed masses show up at the door with torches and pitchforks.................
    10-12-09 10:25 AM
    mscooley:
    any noticeable WOW with the hybrid? Anyway, I can't keep my 8830 running too much longer. The charger gets worse by the day, but it seems to work if i hold my tongue just so....... Is anybody really considering the Hero? I'm going by the Sprint store to look at it but BB is my first love. CS needs to perform a SERIOUS rectal-cranial extraction before the unwashed masses show up at the door with torches and pitchforks.................
    The entire OS is WOW. Trust me. I'd only consider getting a Hero for my 16 yr old niece, but oh wait.....even she prefers Blackberry devices....so NOPE. What's going to be interesting is the "business" sector. CSouth is pushing the Hero hardcore to corp accounts. The IT boys are gonna love this one.
    10-12-09 11:32 AM
    The entire OS is WOW. Trust me. I'd only consider getting a Hero for my 16 yr old niece, but oh wait.....even she prefers Blackberry devices....so NOPE. What's going to be interesting is the "business" sector. CSouth is pushing the Hero hardcore to corp accounts. The IT boys are gonna love this one.
    I figured cell south would take a while on the tour, (obviously past my patience level) especially if the reasons I've heard they are waiting are true..... The TOUR is AMAZING, much faster much better, when I go back to the girlfriends curve I really notice the speed difference. But to drop the ball on one of the most highly anticipated blackberries to date, and then try and push an "android" phone to business clients is just out right laughable to me, cell-south has been in bed with HTC for a while this is nothing new. There are always pro - cons in switching carriers. But as far as the blackberry side, my switch has been a good one, for instance being able to use various 3rd party apps that cell south likes to block.... speed seems to be way faster as well, I'm not sure if this is related to the TOUR itself or Verizon. All i can say is there is nothing like "options" I feel a Storm 2 in my future
    10-12-09 01:31 PM
    I figured cell south would take a while on the tour, (obviously past my patience level) especially if the reasons I've heard they are waiting are true..... The TOUR is AMAZING, much faster much better, when I go back to the girlfriends curve I really notice the speed difference. But to drop the ball on one of the most highly anticipated blackberries to date, and then try and push an "android" phone to business clients is just out right laughable to me, cell-south has been in bed with HTC for a while this is nothing new. There are always pro - cons in switching carriers. But as far as the blackberry side, my switch has been a good one, for instance being able to use various 3rd party apps that cell south likes to block.... speed seems to be way faster as well, I'm not sure if this is related to the TOUR itself or Verizon. All i can say is there is nothing like "options" I feel a Storm 2 in my future
    it's not just the Tour. my 8330 runs as if it were a tour when i roam on verizon. the network is way solid.
    10-12-09 01:37 PM
    So somebody please tell me what I heard this weekend is not true.

The tour will be $299 with 2 year contract?

That will be a deal breaker for me my wife would kill me if I spent $300 on a phone. Heck I might beat myself if I paid that much.

Wow. That is like a play station 3. I can't see myself paying 300 dollars for a phone. I don't think I would pay 200 dollars. Then to know the phone has kinks in it, that is crazy. Hopefully it won't be THAT expensive. As I can recall, when CS got the curve, it was 250. They're big on "rebates" now so I can see it being 199. HOPEFULLY! LOL. Cause my poor poor pearl is dead.
    10-12-09 04:16 PM
487 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD