Its still a ways out....but this is exactly why I keep two accounts with Cell South....then again I've been known to buy at full retail if need be. all for the love of blackberry. I'm really hoping they surprise us with a September 1 release.......

although everything I've heard from store reps is that it will be October.....is anyone still hearing the 2nd week of September stuff?
    Last edited by Chaser1337; 09-01-09 at 01:12 PM.
    09-01-09 09:32 AM
    I am still hearing end of Sept but who knows for sure. Corporate could be pulling all our legs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-09 08:50 PM
    I've been talking to the cellular south here in Oxford, and I'm still hearing mid-September. The CSA's in all the stores currently have the phones for testing and learning. I've been told that within 2-3 weeks of the CSA's getting the phones is the release date. This will be my first blackberry. I've heard good things about them though...
    09-02-09 08:06 AM
    I've been talking to the cellular south here in Oxford, and I'm still hearing mid-September. The CSA's in all the stores currently have the phones for testing and learning. I've been told that within 2-3 weeks of the CSA's getting the phones is the release date. This will be my first blackberry. I've heard good things about them though...
    thats a reasonable time period. and you wont regret getting one. if you need any help there are only probably a gillion people on here lol
    09-02-09 10:31 AM
    Wouldn't it be nice if they released it for labor day weekend? Perfect timing, I feel...
    09-03-09 04:46 PM
    That's be cool... But sources still sat about 2 weeks

09-03-09 05:42 PM
    Yea sunday would be great, they are known for sunday releases on stuff

09-04-09 02:27 AM
    I got some more news today. From what I hear, Cell South is waiting for the next build of the device software to come out before the phone is released. Also was sent a pic of an unbranded phone that one of the technicians has he is beta testing. I did try and find out what version of the software they are running now but he didn't know to ask that. I figure it is the Verizon version 4.7.0.40. The technician my friend talked to was telling him he wouldn't want the phone now because of all the bugs in the software. I figure it can't be "that" bad myself. But as far as a release this weekend, doesn't look like that is the case.
    09-04-09 12:44 PM
    Just talked to the friendly neighborhood CSR. Wandered in to get eyes (and hands) on the Tour that all stores are supposed to be testing. Rep said they HAD one for about a week, but it had some application and software issues so they had to send it back. Rep says it had the 4.7 OS but hopefully not too far away from the 5.0. BTW, does anybody else think it's asinine for CS to charge a $36 upgrade fee for somebody who is ALREADY a customer and just wants to get a new device?
    09-04-09 04:55 PM
    hey u guys im sick and tired of coming to This forum EVERYDAY just to check and see what Cellular south has coming out and when,but any way as of this upcoming wednesday i will be a new at&t customer!!!! with a i-phone!!!!! (after seeing what it capable of after it has been jail broken i was sold to it!!!) but i will ALWAYS LOVE MY BLACKBERRYS!!!!!! BTW IM GIVING MY CURVE TO MY DAUGHTERS THEY ALREADY HAVE IT ALL K-UTE!!
    Last edited by jadaswan29; 09-04-09 at 07:22 PM.
    09-04-09 07:20 PM
    hey u guys im sick and tired of coming to This forum EVERYDAY just to check and see what Cellular south has coming out and when,but any way as of this upcoming wednesday i will be a new at&t customer!!!! with a i-phone!!!!! (after seeing what it capable of after it has been jail broken i was sold to it!!!) but i will ALWAYS LOVE MY BLACKBERRYS!!!!!! BTW IM GIVING MY CURVE TO MY DAUGHTERS THEY ALREADY HAVE IT ALL K-UTE!!
    You might like the Iphone, but I bet AT&T won't be what your use to as far as coverage.....I've still been thinking about switching to Verizon, but I've got a customer I've been working with setting him up on our BES, he is a Verizon customer and every time I talk to him it breaks up more than I can hear him. (might just be a bad build on his storm, guess I'll see later when I go set him up)
    09-08-09 09:55 AM
    You might like the Iphone, but I bet AT&T won't be what your use to as far as coverage.....I've still been thinking about switching to Verizon, but I've got a customer I've been working with setting him up on our BES, he is a Verizon customer and every time I talk to him it breaks up more than I can hear him. (might just be a bad build on his storm, guess I'll see later when I go set him up)
    hey hey. i really think it's the Storm period. i have a friend who has a storm and whenever we talk i have to crank my volume literally all the way up to even began to make out what he's saying.
    09-08-09 09:59 AM
    Wonder of wonders! I was finally fortunate enough to pin down a Discover Center Rep long enough to get my hands on the "test" phone. Seems to be pretty sturdy overall, except that one had the shaky battery door we've all heard about. Didn't see a screen ripple but the camera is AWESOME. From the limited amount of time I had to play around, I didn't get see all of the browser whiz bangs and such, but it DOES render pages like a mini computer. Rep said they'd been testing for a couple of months, but they wouldn't come off a potential release date. They keep secrets better than the government . Anyway, I hope it's soon because i just became a victim of the dreaded USB charger malfunction. I now have to wrap the cord in unimaginable ways just to get the thing to charge. Of course, insurance will be happy to replace the 8830 for a measly $150 deduction, but I'll just wait for the Tour.
    09-08-09 05:27 PM
    i feel funny coming in here,but n e ways I LOOOOVE MY I-PHONE,I STILL FEEL BLACKBERRY
    09-09-09 09:17 AM
    Just in case no one has noticed on the Discover Center the text below the pictures of the phone now states "We're excited to announce the upcoming launch of the BlackBerry� Tour™ 9630. Stay tuned!" So maybe this suggests that it isn't far off.
    09-09-09 09:57 AM
    Ok got some inside info for y'all. Unfortunately its not good. " Tour is delayed til as late as nov 1" with a estimated release for late october. Sorry guys. I'm not too thrilled either

09-09-09 01:07 PM
    Ok got some inside info for y'all. Unfortunately its not good. " Tour is delayed til as late as nov 1" with a estimated release for late october. Sorry guys. I'm not too thrilled either

Did you get a reason for the delay?
    09-10-09 05:54 AM
    Something about rf(radio frequency) & discover center issues. I don't quiet get the discover center thing though.

09-10-09 07:46 AM
    Something about rf(radio frequency) & discover center issues. I don't quiet get the discover center thing though.

I'm not so sure these store reps no anymore than we do. they always tell me a date later than actual release, I think they just don't wanna be "called" everyday. but guess we shall see.... seems to me the problem can be fixed with a later build of the os. my question is does the os have to release, then be sent to the factory and loaded per device, or does cellsouth have a warehouse of tours and someone hand loading them. at this rate Verizon could release the storm 2 before cellsouth does the tour.....
    09-10-09 09:46 AM
    I'm not so sure these store reps no anymore than we do. they always tell me a date later than actual release, I think they just don't wanna be "called" everyday. but guess we shall see.... seems to me the problem can be fixed with a later build of the os. my question is does the os have to release, then be sent to the factory and loaded per device, or does cellsouth have a warehouse of tours and someone hand loading them. at this rate Verizon could release the storm 2 before cellsouth does the tour.....
    Thats a reasonable assumption. I would probably do the same in their shoes. I just wish the powers that be would try to give a ballpark, instead of just soon.
    09-10-09 09:48 AM
    It was someone a lot higher up on the ladder than a store rep/store manager/store anyone that I heard that from. And each software revision that they request has to be fully tested. Not sure if they have a warehouse full of them.. the smart thing would be to get a few from RIM to test and then upon final revision of the OS request that RIM send x number of phones with them pre-flashed
    09-10-09 09:49 AM
    It was someone a lot higher up on the ladder than a store rep/store manager/store anyone that I heard that from. And each software revision that they request has to be fully tested. Not sure if they have a warehouse full of them.. the smart thing would be to get a few from RIM to test and then upon final revision of the OS request that RIM send x number of phones with them pre-flashed
    interesting... what sucks is I have to wait for them to get a software version they approve. and I'll have a hybrid or 5.0 on it by the end of the first day i get the phone.....i do wonder why they keep updating stuff like the "coming soon" .....
    09-10-09 10:30 AM
    Well if OS 5 happens to turn out by then who knows, maybe they'll come with it. For all I know, its a OS 5 version their testing... probably the 4.6 one though
    09-10-09 10:34 AM
    Well if OS 5 happens to turn out by then who knows, maybe they'll come with it. For all I know, its a OS 5 version their testing... probably the 4.6 one though
    should be at least 4.7.0.42 or higher......
    09-10-09 10:41 AM
    should be at least 4.7.0.42 or higher......
    I don't keep up with most recent official Tour OS versions, so that is very possible that it could be that one.
    09-10-09 11:06 AM
487 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD