http://www.androidcentral.com/cdma-v...es-through-fcc

maybe or maybe not? seems things are getting closer
    02-26-10 10:58 AM
    The Nexus One has already been confirmed for Verizon; for Sprint? Not so much. It's just that the release for VZW's version isn't known yet.

Just as how the Android platform is applauded for being open source to developers; I think the "red tape" surrounding the introduction/release of phones to the market should be slightly de-regulated a bit.

Look at Japan for example; now if you want to see some amazing cell phones/cell phone technology being put to use...look there! Why is that? Because government-wise; Japan isn't as strict and stringent on what steps have to be gone through before new technology is introduced to the public.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-10 11:52 AM
    Japan also has a low smartphone adoption rate though... So while it might be better there, in general the people as a mass tend to care less.
    02-26-10 02:37 PM
    The Nexus One has already been confirmed for Verizon; for Sprint? Not so much. It's just that the release for VZW's version isn't known yet.

Just as how the Android platform is applauded for being open source to developers; I think the "red tape" surrounding the introduction/release of phones to the market should be slightly de-regulated a bit.

Look at Japan for example; now if you want to see some amazing cell phones/cell phone technology being put to use...look there! Why is that? Because government-wise; Japan isn't as strict and stringent on what steps have to be gone through before new technology is introduced to the public.

where does it say that verizon will get it... i have yet to see a post about it
    02-26-10 03:47 PM
    Was announced quite a while back (VZ was actually named, while Sprint specifically was not). There were several threads on it.

Also it's fairly easy to guess CDMA = VZ.
    02-26-10 03:48 PM
    Seriously... F&*k VZW... Thats all I have to say
    02-26-10 05:48 PM
    yeap vzw is getting it go to https://www.google.com/phone/choose?locale=en_US&s7e= go to the bottom and yes coming soon to vzw!
    02-26-10 06:39 PM
    yeap vzw is getting it go to https://www.google.com/phone/choose?locale=en_US&s7e= go to the bottom and yes coming soon to vzw!
    wow thanks for the link how gay.. oh well when supersonic comes the Nexus will be crap compared to it..
    02-26-10 08:13 PM
    It's just a cycle... by the time the Supersonic comes around there will be something else slated already...
    02-26-10 08:20 PM
    Yes it is a vicious cycle.. Just sucks when there isnt a phone on the market that you think you'd wanna keep for 1 year much less 2.
    02-27-10 12:46 AM
    Yes it is a vicious cycle.. Just sucks when there isnt a phone on the market that you think you'd wanna keep for 1 year much less 2.
    apparently the Iphone users tend to believe this is true

and papped by the time supersonic comes, its still going to be a while till another carrier brings a 4g phone to the market. most likely verizon would be the 2nd
    02-27-10 09:43 AM
    I agree Joe. Since sprint is the first with 4G and it's out now I hink the supersonic will be a device to rival for a longer time than most phones.

02-27-10 10:35 AM
    Most people don't care about network upgrades...

Again, Sprint was first to roll out 3g and it didn't really help them win customers.

Yeah the 5% or so tech minority might care...

Iphone 5 could release with 3g directly against wimax phones a year later than the supersonic and beat its sales anyways.

02-27-10 01:28 PM
    Most people don't care about network upgrades...

Again, Sprint was first to roll out 3g and it didn't really help them win customers.

Yeah the 5% or so tech minority might care...

Iphone 5 could release with 3g directly against wimax phones a year later than the supersonic and beat its sales anyways.

even if its 5% the majority comes from big companies and corporations which keeps sprint on top of tech. I may be one of those 5% but with the technology they keep pushing it does matter whether you want to believe it or not. sometimes i feel like you want Sprint to fail .
    02-27-10 04:43 PM
    I don't want Sprint to fail, they are failing and have been for years.

They need to do differently than they have been. But hey if you feel that Sprint has been and is continuing to be on top of tech and that's all they need to do to beat AT&T and VZ, so be it...

Even if I did want Sprint to fail, why should anyone care?
    02-27-10 06:31 PM
    I don't want Sprint to fail, they are failing and have been for years.

They need to do differently than they have been. But hey if you feel that Sprint has been and is continuing to be on top of tech and that's all they need to do to beat AT&T and VZ, so be it...

Even if I did want Sprint to fail, why should anyone care?
    if they have been failing for years why havent they stop providing the service you currently use years ago?... they may fail in 1 part of business , regular customers.. but as a business they manage to push ahead otherwise im still waiting for the bankrupt call?
    02-27-10 06:39 PM
    Why do people care so much about their cell carriers? I am certain that your carrier doesn't care about you. You're just a number to them.

02-27-10 06:42 PM
    if they have been failing for years why havent they stop providing the service you currently use years ago?... they may fail in 1 part of business , regular customers.. but as a business they manage to push ahead otherwise im still waiting for the bankrupt call?
    There's a different between a company ceasing all operations and ceasing to exist and generally "failing" in a growth and profitability sense...

Quite a large difference actually.
    02-27-10 06:51 PM
    Sprint is very slow in this department, getting the cool new phones. Oh well good things come to those who wait.
    02-28-10 06:24 AM
    And let nextel get older and older every day. Wish sprint cared about customers paying full price for 1/4 the service of 3g customers. They don't seem to do anything that WoWs its customers or ppl on other carriers.

03-05-10 05:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD