Hey guys I am on Sprint right now and Have 2 active phone lines with Blackberry's and pay around 160 a month. I would love to switch and bring my business over to At&t but i dont have money for any ETF at the moment. If i switched I would keep my 2 lines and so on. I had a friend who switched from Sprint to Verizon and they paid his ETF if he switched so I was wondering if you guys think something like that would happen again
    12-08-09 01:24 PM
    Well I'm trying to switch just one line fron ATT to Verizon and was told I would be penalized. My wife wants to keep the family plan with ATT but I can't deal with the no coverage any more.
    I'm going to Verizon later or tomorrow to see if they will do the same thing just for one line. If they say no but will for all lines my wife will just have to deal with it or divorce me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-09 02:04 PM
    Hey guys I am on Sprint right now and Have 2 active phone lines with Blackberry's and pay around 160 a month. I would love to switch and bring my business over to At&t but i dont have money for any ETF at the moment. If i switched I would keep my 2 lines and so on. I had a friend who switched from Sprint to Verizon and they paid his ETF if he switched so I was wondering if you guys think something like that would happen again
    Good luck but I don't think any carrier will pay your ETF.
    12-08-09 02:31 PM
    That's why I asked here first ha

12-08-09 04:49 PM
    You need to log into sprint.com and use the right plan optimizer. It will review all usage and tell you if you're on the right plan. Remember ther is no contract extension to get a better plan.

12-08-09 06:35 PM
    If you are considering the switch because your Sprint bill is more than you think it should be, avoid the ETFs by seriously cutting what you pay for your Sprint plan. I work in the consumer advocacy division of the Houston-based company Validas, where we electronically audit and subsequently reduce the average cell bill by 22 percent through our website, fixmycellbill.com (and I'll add that 22 percent equates to over $450 per year for the average user).

You can find out for free if fixmycellbill.com can modify your plan to better suit your individual needs by going to the website. Check out Validas in the media, most recently on Fox News at myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/consumer/conlaw/lower_cell_phone_bills_072409.

Good luck to on retaking control over your Sprint bills and potentially freeing up some extra cash this holiday season.

Dylan
    Consumer Advocacy, Fixmycellbill.com
    12-09-09 04:46 PM
    AT&T won't pay it for you, but as a Sprint Customer, you're in luck!

Sprint Fee Increase Is Your Chance To Escape Without Early Termination Fee - The Consumerist

Just wait until after January 1st. In short your monthly regulatory fees are increasing from 20 cents to 40 cents. Since this is a change in your contract on their end, legally you can withdraw from the agreement without penalty. Read the link for details. Hope this helps!
    12-10-09 12:11 AM
    In addition, it's worth a shot to try to get free activation w/ at&t. You could also see if they'd give you first months features free. That would help with costs quite a bit.
    12-10-09 11:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD