When I try to make a purchase to my carrier (ATT) in App World, I get a message stating "an error has occurred while setting up billing thru your carrier) or something to that effect. Others are having the same problem but no one has a fix yet. Anyone from ATT know the answer?
    09-11-10 06:55 PM
    I'm getting the same thing. I actually asked a guy at the att store and he was no help what so ever. He told me to do a battery pull, which I've obviously done countless times, then he said call 611? I think was the number and tell them about it. Aka useless. I'd really love to get this working. Halpppppp!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-10 03:12 AM
    Guess there's no ATT reps with an answer to this. I had hoped we'd get something here!
    09-12-10 07:56 PM
    I'm having the same problem. I was actually part of the beta test for the new app world and reported this issue before the new app world was available as a public download, but it doesn't look like it was fixed.
    09-20-10 01:47 PM
    Actually irritating as h*ll that no one from RIM has even attempted to let any of us know what the deal is. Very disappointed.

09-20-10 02:12 PM
    You probably have a purchase blocker on your line because of a previous request for a refund for other 3rd party charges.
    09-21-10 03:00 PM
    Pretty sure its not that. Especially since so many others are having the same problem and it was even happening during beta testing.

09-21-10 03:24 PM
    Well, there's always PayPal. If you're paranoid, just set up a secondary checking account for it to be attached to.
    09-22-10 11:34 AM
    Who said anything about being paranoid? They told us we could do Carrier billing and it doesn't work. That's all this was about. I have a PayPal account that works fine.

09-22-10 12:08 PM
    People typically don't like PayPal being able to do whatever with their bank accounts. It physically pains me to have to explain that as a just-in-case.
    09-22-10 01:29 PM
    Oh yeah, I am familiar with the horror stories of it. Nothing has happened to me personally (knock on wood) but the account its tied to has few $ in it anyway. The digital age has its advantages but there are just as many disadvantages too

09-22-10 01:48 PM
    I am having the same issue in Czech Republic... which OS do you have? the only issue might be a hybrid OS...
    12-10-12 06:07 AM
    3 Year old dead thread. Might want to start a new thread for your issue. The original posters in this thread probably have gotten it resolved a few years ago.

Last Activity before your posting: 09-22-2010, 03:48 PM
    12-10-12 07:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD