this is crazy ! i recently bought my Blackberry Curve on eBay. it is locked to AT&T. even though it wasn't in original packaging the phone was new (plastic on the screen and everything). anyways, since then i have been trying to unlock it with about 5 different firms with reputable feedback but no one was able to unlock it. i start to suspect that there might be some lock which cannot be unlocked or something. did anyone have the same problem? can you share some tips.

any tips and suggestions are greatly appreciated!!! thank you!!!
    08-08-07 05:48 AM
    Have you tried GSM Source?

Apparently, if the IMEI is not in 'some database' that they use, then no, they won't be able to unlock it. Also, if say a batch was stolen from somewhere, they may have 'blocked' said IMEI's, thus not allowing ANYONE to use them...

Make sense?
    08-08-07 06:39 AM
    Have you tried GSM Source?

Apparently, if the IMEI is not in 'some database' that they use, then no, they won't be able to unlock it. Also, if say a batch was stolen from somewhere, they may have 'blocked' said IMEI's, thus not allowing ANYONE to use them...

Make sense?
    thank you so much for such a quick reply! yes i waiting for results from gsm source at the moment (hopefully these guys will do the magic). does that mean i could stuck with "beautiful piece of technology" without ever being able to utilize it?
    ohh man...i hope your last theory will stay just a theory.
    08-08-07 07:56 AM
    GSM is very good, he processes his request at night (pst time)...
    08-08-07 08:02 AM
    i hope you are right! i will update back ones i get the results...
    08-08-07 08:11 AM
    i just received email from gsm source and they could not find unlock code. i don't know what to do. any more suggestions? someone recommended to contact rim and do it through them. is it possible? i am lost i need help on this! thank you
    Last edited by rubuntu; 08-10-07 at 04:36 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
    08-10-07 04:35 AM
    Have them get the unlock code from RIM... I think it's $50 and takes 7 days.
    08-13-07 09:45 PM
    Have them get the unlock code from RIM... I think it's $50 and takes 7 days.
    thank you for your reply . i have just contacted RIM myself and customer service rep told me that RIM does not provide unlocking for blackberries. the guy told me that ones the blackberry device is being sold to the carrier all the rights are being transferred that that carried. so, another way of saying "they won't do it for me". perhaps, i contacted wrong department. what i did is called to +18772552377 and they transferred me to customer service and from there i got this response. does anyone know any other numbers where i could be assist with this request?
    08-13-07 09:59 PM
    I mean have gsm do it. I'm on my 3rd curve and on the first one I was having the same problems. I did the RIM unlock from GSM and it worked fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-07 07:06 AM
    I mean have gsm do it. I'm on my 3rd curve and on the first one I was having the same problems. I did the RIM unlock from GSM and it worked fine.
    thanks mate, i will try that. can you tell what kinds of problems did you have with your "curve"?
    08-14-07 07:36 AM
    I had the same problem but get it unlocck with cellunlock.net they to have insider @ RIM , Paid $50 and waited a week.

Thanks
    09-01-07 07:35 PM
    Rubuntu,

Didi you unlock your BB 8300? I am having the same problem! Please help!
    09-22-07 01:56 PM
    Yes Mario, I did unlock it after all...I called to AT&T and end up asking them to unlock it for me. The fun part was that I got it unlocked without paying a cent for it. If you need help on how I managed that let me know.

Cheers!
    09-26-07 08:17 AM
    rubunto, i have at&t and want to switch to verizon with my curve, can you tell me how you got at&t to unlock it?
    09-26-07 08:48 AM
    are you currently at&t customer?
    09-26-07 08:59 AM
    You're going to run into trouble trying to put an unlocked Curve from a GSM carrier (AT&T) onto a CDMA network (Verizon). Won't work! Switching to another GSM Carrier (T-Mobile) would be fine though.

rubunto, i have at&t and want to switch to verizon with my curve, can you tell me how you got at&t to unlock it?
    09-26-07 10:15 AM
    i used gsmphonesource and it worked fine for the phone. But I cannot seem to get the web or email working
    09-26-07 11:21 AM
    Rubuntu: thanks for the reply and yes i am with at&t

kevin: thanks for the info, I will look into t-mobile
    09-26-07 12:14 PM
    ok, since you are a client with at&t you can call them as a client. ones you reach blackberry department ask for supervisor. if asked what is the reason, tell them that your issue you want to discuss with the supervisor, only. don't forget to add that the rep did not do anything wrong (otherwise they become very anxious). make sure to tell supervisor that you need the unlock code because you are traveling overseas all the time. the are should unlock your blackberry (since you are their customer). they might try to sell you some of these international calling plans, but you make sure make your point firm. now, ones they create a service request for you they supposed to give you reference number and tell you that it might take 3 weeks to unlock it. call back in three days with that reference number and check if it's done. or, better yet, ask them to email you ones it is done! i called back in three days and got mine (and i was not even a customer with them, but that is a differet story)
    i hope that helps!

cheers!
    09-26-07 05:54 PM
    Thanks rubuntu, genius!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-07 07:45 PM
    I just got a BB Curve 8310 and i need to unlock it.

I curently have Cellular One(bought out by AT&T) and my SIM dosent work for the phone. I called at&t and they said that it wouldnt work in anyway they said i had to switch to the at&t plans(which i wouldnt want to do cause they dont have the same plans) So do you guys have any ideas on what i should do?
    Thanks,
    Dustin
    05-12-08 07:57 PM
    Ask AT&T for the unlock code. If the first rep doesnt give it to you, try calling back and getting someone else. They will almost always try and tell you it won't work if you aren't an ATT customer.
    05-12-08 08:02 PM
    Do i have to call a Certain # or jsut a Local AT&T Place?
    05-12-08 08:04 PM
    That would be my question,why is everyone using these third party apps and agencies to unlock their phones when a phone call to their carrier and making the request to unlock the phone for free will do????
    05-12-08 09:24 PM
    ok, since you are a client with at&t you can call them as a client. ones you reach blackberry department ask for supervisor. if asked what is the reason, tell them that your issue you want to discuss with the supervisor, only. don't forget to add that the rep did not do anything wrong (otherwise they become very anxious). make sure to tell supervisor that you need the unlock code because you are traveling overseas all the time. the are should unlock your blackberry (since you are their customer). they might try to sell you some of these international calling plans, but you make sure make your point firm. now, ones they create a service request for you they supposed to give you reference number and tell you that it might take 3 weeks to unlock it. call back in three days with that reference number and check if it's done. or, better yet, ask them to email you ones it is done! i called back in three days and got mine (and i was not even a customer with them, but that is a differet story)

i hope that helps!

cheers!
    Hello, im having a hard time w this unlocking BB crap. its an att blackberry but im trying to unlock it to tmobile. any suggestions?
    and how do i call att and tell them im going overseas and i dnt have a att account?
    08-04-09 01:09 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD