I plan on adding 2 new lines for my dad and sister. I want to get 2 bold 9700s. Sell one and keep one for myself then give them 2 non smart phones. Would I be able to cancel the data plans w/o any kind of problems/penalties?
    11-28-09 10:17 PM
    I'm trying to get the phone from letstalk.com, but theyre saying I need to be on the 1400min family talk plan, and need it on for 6mos, but I dont need that many minutes. Can i downgrade that at anytime as well?
    11-28-09 10:46 PM
    Read their terms and conditions. 6 months or they slap ya with a hefty charge for breaking their ToS with them. ATT wont care for the voice plan, the data plan is a requirement so the ability to remove it is not an option. When LetsTalk contacts them to ask what plan your on and they are advised of the changes, you get charged. And ATT will do nothing to help you out in that respect.
    11-28-09 10:57 PM
    Read their terms and conditions. 6 months or they slap ya with a hefty charge for breaking their ToS with them. ATT wont care for the voice plan, the data plan is a requirement so the ability to remove it is not an option. When LetsTalk contacts them to ask what plan your on and they are advised of the changes, you get charged. And ATT will do nothing to help you out in that respect.
    You are correct. From Let's Talk Terms & Conditions: "I would be liable to LetsTalk.com, or its assignee, for an equipment subsidy recovery fee of $250 per line ("equipment recovery fee") if the Wireless Service(s) is discontinued prior to 180 days of continuous service. The equipment subsidy recovery fee will not be charged if the equipment is returned and accepted by LetsTalk.com within its Guarantee Policy." Terms & Conditions
    11-28-09 11:18 PM
    I plan on adding 2 new lines for my dad and sister. I want to get 2 bold 9700s. Sell one and keep one for myself then give them 2 non smart phones. Would I be able to cancel the data plans w/o any kind of problems/penalties?
    U won't be able to cancel the data plans if u sell the phones per at&t's policy on smartphones and data plans after sept.6th.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-09 12:43 PM
    So even if I switch to the sim to a non smart phone I wont be able to take the data off?
    11-29-09 01:50 PM
    Doesn't matter because you are upgrading to a bb and you'll have to keep ur data plan on even tho u sell the phones. So if u do the math, it's not worth it money wise.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-09 10:05 PM
    So even if I switch to the sim to a non smart phone I wont be able to take the data off?
    The terms were created new by all the carriers specifically to stop the scam that you are trying to pull.

It's customer like you that drives businesses to raise fees and cut services.
    11-29-09 10:14 PM
    customers like me? lol, its carriers who try to put a chokehold on customers with these mandatory rules and regulations.
    12-02-09 06:31 PM
    customers like me? lol, its carriers who try to put a chokehold on customers with these mandatory rules and regulations.
    Then pay full price for the phone. You can't expect carriers to give you a hugh discount on expensive equipment and have you walked away in a week.

Or start your own cell service, then you can give us waivers for all "these mandatory rules and regulations", so we can cheat your business like the way you cheat othe businesses.
    12-02-09 06:36 PM
    there has to be a happy medium.
    12-02-09 09:54 PM
    Then pay full price for the phone. You can't expect carriers to give you a hugh discount on expensive equipment and have you walked away in a week.

Or start your own cell service, then you can give us waivers for all "these mandatory rules and regulations", so we can cheat your business like the way you cheat othe businesses.
    are you kidding? what if he wanted to use one of the phones as a extra phone or gift it to someone else? or what if he broke his other 9700. your telling me he should be requried to keep on the data plan? and just FYI ATT makes enough money off the voice Contract itself to pay for the phone. Data should not be required if you dont have the phone anymore. and retailers can still take it off. Thats what i would do. Go find a chill retailer and payt he guy $10 to take it off for you lol. or **** ill do it for you through my friends stores.
    12-11-09 03:58 PM
    are you kidding? what if he wanted to use one of the phones as a extra phone or gift it to someone else? or what if he broke his other 9700. your telling me he should be requried to keep on the data plan? and just FYI ATT makes enough money off the voice Contract itself to pay for the phone. Data should not be required if you dont have the phone anymore. and retailers can still take it off. Thats what i would do. Go find a chill retailer and payt he guy $10 to take it off for you lol. or **** ill do it for you through my friends stores.
    That's the new terms of service. You don't like it, don't sign up for it. It's a free market. Retailers cannot change the terms. They can only give you kickback whenever they can reduce the cost of your phone.
    12-11-09 04:08 PM
    +1
    vote with your feet!
    12-14-09 07:08 PM
    That's the new terms of service. You don't like it, don't sign up for it. It's a free market. Retailers cannot change the terms. They can only give you kickback whenever they can reduce the cost of your phone.
    retailers can still take off the data plan. If a customer of mine broke his phone and went to a non smartphone even after sept. 6th a retailer can take it off. Ive seen it done.
    12-19-09 04:28 PM
    God, such bad advice...

Yes, AT&T can remove BIS/Smartphone data provisioning if you provide them with the IMEI of a phone that is not subject to smartphone data requirements. Also, warranty or insurance replacements do not count as new activations, and as such, are not subject to the data requirement.
    12-21-09 05:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD