1. redrocket38's Avatar
    In August, I'm moving into my new apartment and starting my new job that is in a rather rural area. I love T-Mobile and all but they don't have any service where I'll be needing it and Verizon does.

    I'm currently on my mother's family plan and renewed for a 2 year contract in February this year. I'm going to need to cancel my part of the family plan and my BB so that I can move over to Verizon. Is there a way for me to do that or am I stuck because it's a family plan? I'm assuming that I'll have to pay an ETF, right?

    Thanks for all of your help guys!

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 05:33 PM
  2. Blkbear's Avatar
    Yup you will need to pay the ETF, unless you can prove that where you are moving to, has little or no service by Tmobile.

    Hopefully the Tmobile coverage maps will show there is little service where you will be using the phone more than 51% of the time. I know that in the case of a few friends that moved to different states or out of the US, to places that had little or no AT&T or TMO service, they have been able to get out of the remainder of their contracts.
    05-18-09 06:21 PM
  3. redrocket38's Avatar
    Thanks for the info. I never knew that about the coverage part. There is no coverage for miles from where I'll be working at so that may actually work in getting out of the contract. I went through like 10-15 miles of pure dead zones when traveling there and I can't afford to have that.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 07:36 PM
  4. Tmotech's Avatar
    If you can get someone to take over the line, you will be off the hook. If both the main person on the contract, and the new person are both available when you call. As long as they can pass a credit check, you will be off the hook.
    05-19-09 10:45 PM