I currently have a windows mobile phone (HTC Snap) synced with outlook and my office and it works very well. everything is over the air and i have complete access to my calendar, office directory etc. but the thing i like the best is i can shut off direct push when i go home or on the weekend and the emails wont be pushed to the phone until i turn it back on in the morning. Great feature if you ask me.

can this be done with the tour??

Thanks -
    12-15-09 03:47 PM
    Options>Security Options>Firewall>Enable, select what you want filtered, escape and save.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-09 03:49 PM
    would i have to do this everytime I turn them on and off?

I'm assuming there is no direct on/off option
    12-15-09 03:54 PM
    One could also go into message options, "Email Reconcilation" and set "Wireless Reconcile" off for the account in question.

If your BB is on BES, it's possible that may have no option to turn such off, even with above firewall option depending how strict your BES admin is.
    12-16-09 02:31 PM
    would i have to do this everytime I turn them on and off?

I'm assuming there is no direct on/off option
    Unless someone has created an app, I've not heard of one. You could put Options on a Convenience Key to toggle and enable the firewall with a couple of clicks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-09 02:42 PM
    Another option would be to create a seperate profile that does not alert you in any way to arriving emails to a certain account. While the emails would still be delivered, at least you would not be bothered by your phone buzzing at you all weekend for work email.
    12-16-09 03:46 PM
    You could use a profile manager app to auto manage the profiles as well.

The nature of BB is push, not just for emails, which is different than WM.
    12-16-09 03:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD