I have recently gotten a Blackberry Storm 9530. And yes i am a newbie at all this and you can say whatever but i am confused about unlocking my phone. what does it do? do i have to have two numbers and multiple sim cards to switch networks?
    01-24-09 11:04 PM
    the 9530 is multi banded, which means it can work on CDMA, aka verizon. Sprint also uses CDMA aswell for example. it also supports GSM, companies like At&t and t mobile use that. unlocking it basically allows you to use At&t or tmobile (others too).

the sim card in the storm currently I think only allows the phone to roam on GSM if you dont have CDMA coverage. dont take my word on that though
    01-24-09 11:12 PM
    the 9530 is multi banded, which means it can work on CDMA, aka verizon. Sprint also uses CDMA aswell for example. it also supports GSM, companies like At&t and t mobile use that. unlocking it basically allows you to use At&t or tmobile (others too).

the sim card in the storm currently I think only allows the phone to roam on GSM if you dont have CDMA coverage. dont take my word on that though
    ok and just wondering so that means after unlocking it you can keep the same sim card right?
    01-24-09 11:15 PM
    ok and just wondering so that means after unlocking it you can keep the same sim card right?
    Yes you can keep the same sim card, but the whole point of unlocking is so you can use other (non VZW/Vodaphone) sim cards. This is especially useful when traveling overseas, as you can pick up a foreign (local) sim card for cheapo $$$ and use that instead of roaming on VZW.
    01-24-09 11:22 PM
    Yes you can keep the same sim card, but the whole point of unlocking is so you can use other (non VZW/Vodaphone) sim cards. This is especially useful when traveling overseas, as you can pick up a foreign (local) sim card for cheapo $$$ and use that instead of roaming on VZW.
    ok that helps a lot. i was confused if you couldnt tell. if i have anymore question ill ask!
    01-24-09 11:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD